The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the cap getting bigger or something? GS should be able to retain most of their players.

I have posted this time and time again. Also posted the spotrac page of the Warriors contract situations moving forward.  

People just choose to ignore them and go with the baseless narrative that we wont be able to afford to retain our players.  

Doesn't that depend/impact what you guys want to do in free agency

Like if Barnes and/or ezeli sign offer sheets and you get the certain amount of days to decide.. And if you do match doesn't that severely what you guys can do?

Isn't the cap getting bigger or something? GS should be able to retain most of their players.
I have posted this time and time again. Also posted the spotrac page of the Warriors contract situations moving forward.  

People just choose to ignore them and go with the baseless narrative that we wont be able to afford to retain our players.  

Like if Barnes and/or ezeli sign offer sheets and you get the certain amount of days to decide.. And if you do match doesn't that severely what you guys can do?
Next season, we have roughly $74M committed.  The salary cap is projected to be at $92M.  Like many have said, the Warriors ownership has repeatedly said they are willing to pay the luxury tax.

Fast foward to the season after.  We only have $35M in salary committed (granted Steph will need to be extended).  

The Warriors will be fine.  People waiting for us to blow this team up for financial reasons are hoping, not waiting.

Lue needs to just stop talking. I keep thinking he'll run out of stupid things to say and he keeps saying them.

Marc Stein
Marc Stein – Verified account ‏@ESPNSteinLine

According to the incomparable @MicahAdams13, LeBron James has taken one shot in these NBA Finals directly after a Kyrie Irving pass. #one
2:01 PM - 7 Jun 2016

that "Lebron after game 2" parody video had my stomach hurting from laughing so hard.

when they asked him where he was going, and the way that fool said "to MIAMI!!!"

oh man.

i will say, there has been a couple series where it started off 0-2, everyone panicked and said it was over...and then it was 2-2.

but this aint those series.

its like its a lose-lose with Lebron. because if they tie it up cats gon claim 'the fix is in'

and dont let him win it all

That's just flat out dumb. Not his ability with the ball, but the defense of his iso ball.
You can use iso as means to bait the other 4 defenders into ball watching & take advantage of that.

Like in G1 Delly set Tristan up with a beautiful alley off of what began as a Lebron iso.

Obviously those "1 guy dribble 4 guys stand & watch" sets won't work at this level. Lue has to know that.

Last edited:
Can someone post that parody video again?  Not trying to look through the whole thread to find it.  Thanks in advance.

The only compromise GSW has is:

Do they sweep 4-0 @ Cleveland
or
Do they throw one game @ Cleveland to win the next two (Game 5) back home?

Marc Stein
Marc Stein – Verified account ‏@ESPNSteinLine

According to the incomparable @MicahAdams13, LeBron James has taken one shot in these NBA Finals directly after a Kyrie Irving pass. #one
2:01 PM - 7 Jun 2016
Just for comparison sake I wonder what the average was from Westbrook to durant and curry to klay

Either way that can't be good

Last edited:

Next season, we have roughly $74M committed.  The salary cap is projected to be at $92M.  Like many have said, the Warriors ownership has repeatedly said they are willing to pay the luxury tax.

Fast foward to the season after.  We only have $35M in salary committed (granted Steph will need to be extended).  

The Warriors will be fine.  People waiting for us to blow this team up for financial reasons are hoping, not waiting.

That doesn't answer what I asked..

I'm talking about possibly bringing in any of the names mentioned with you guys.. Retaining your own players shouldn't be an issue if your owner is willing to pay the luxury tax, but it's the timing of it with regard to free agency (which is what I was asking)

Darren Rovell [emoji]10004[/emoji] @darrenrovell

With a cookbook, a TV show, a licensed product line & a restaurant, @ayeshacurry is on the rise http://es.pn/1Y5VWwl 
7:46 AM - 7 Jun 2016

TMART @TMART_ESPN

@darrenrovell @ayeshacurry @espnW with stephs money for start up

Ayesha Curry [emoji]10004[/emoji] @ayeshacurry

@TMART_ESPN nope not true at all actually. But thanks for the assumption!
11:26 AM - 7 Jun 2016

i just dont get how entitled people have become on social media concerning the personal lives of celebs.

even if you THINK her startup money came from Steph....why post it, worse, why post it and TAG her?

what is that even for??

If bron gets swept he should just go make another super team somewhere... Cleveland is never winning a title... I picked cavs in 6 like a fool

That doesn't answer what I asked..

I'm talking about possibly bringing in any of the names mentioned with you guys.. Retaining your own players shouldn't be an issue if your owner is willing to pay the luxury tax, but it's the timing of it with regard to free agency (which is what I was asking)
Well sure, bringing in a Durant would impact what is done in free agency.  We would lose Barnes and Ezeli for sure.  However, I dont see how it would impact anything really.  IF we brought in Durant, we would have a core of Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Durant, Draymond, Bogut, Livingston, and Looney.  Thats 8 guys already.  We would have to get reeeeally creative to fill out the bench, but its definitely possible.  I cant imagine players like Ian Clark and James Michael MacAdoo would be hard to retain.  Then we would likely have a rookie or 2 on the cheap.  

Like I said, its definitely possible.

Then fast forward to a year later.....when Bogut, Iggy and Livingston come off the books.  (Using the bringing in Durant scenario) With Curry's extension, we would have 5 players (Curry, Thompson, Durant, Draymond, Looney) under contract and I would estimate that would cost about $80M give or take.  With another likely salary cap increase, we would obviously have work to do.  But its possible.  

FTR, I dont think signing Durant is extremely likely....but I do think it can happen if ownership is ok with paying the luxury tax and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom