The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sums up what I'm feeling too.

I've been at work all day the last two days but I'm reading every damn reply in this thread. I know tons of people have shared their thoughts on this already.

Lebron James and Cleveland beat the "best team of all time" on the road, in a game 7, and Lebron had a all-time, legendary defensive play... in THE MOST LEBRON JAMES POSSIBLE WAY a chase down block that was timed perfectly. 

This is such an incredible story the only way it could be better is if Lebron converted that dunk. The universe isn't that great.

Kevin Love.. KEVIN LOVE.. played the best defense of his career, played locked in, focused basketball for the entire game and it was amazing to watch someone do that. He elevated his play in the highest moment. 

JR Smith stepped up and hit those clutch points to start the 2nd half. Kyrie played a hell of a game and nailed that 3. Lebron didn't do it alone, no one ever does, but damn did he deliver in those elimination games.

Plus it's a sweet result for the Warriors. They went from underdogs who everyone told them they couldn't do it, that their style wouldn't work, but they won the title and set the record this year. But we saw the cracks.. they could get cocky, they could get sloppy, they might not be able to survive some adversity.. and seeing them fall was pretty damn satisfying.

I don't want to be a prisoner of the moment, but I don't care.. Lebron is untouchable at this point. 3 rings, all the stats, MVPs, all the big moments.. THE BLOCK.. he's done it. Even if you don't want to talk about the narrative and story of winning it for Cleveland.. he's still got his 3rd championship. You can still not rock with him, think he's corny, overacts (he does of course), not like his attitude, or whatever.. all that stuff is personal differences.. but his game is untouchable at this point. He's earned all of your respect. He's had his faults and his dark spots in his career, as will anyone who has had a 13+ year NBA career, but he's in a very select group right now.

It doesn't matter how you feel about him, the facts tell us he's one of the best of all-time. The accomplishments, the wins, the rings, the iconic moments, he's got them all and he's still got time left. He won't ever be Peak Lebron anymore, but he's shown he can absolutely turn it on when it counts. He just delivered that stat line in 3 straight elimination games.. IN HIS SIXTH STRAIGHT FINALS APPEARANCE. The amount of mileage is unreal and he was able to turn in that kind of performance.

I have no problem with how he got here either. Not every legend has been lucky enough to be surrounded by future HOFers with his original team, hell.. I wish Lebron left Cleveland sooner considering the makeup of that original squad. He spent his prime in Miami and we got to see some beautiful basketball by stars sacrificing their play for the team. And now he's back. He didn't need to come back, but it's pretty awesome that he came back. Cleveland got it's championship, Lebron's got his redemption, and he's made it.

I've been a Lebron fan since the 07 Pistons series. I didn't know how I felt about him prior to that, I saw the talent and the hype, but when I saw that, then I became a fan. Saw all the nonsense about him "quitting" or being a ring chaser.. I'll concede the 11 Finals were terrible and the Decision was dumb, but he was delivering on a nightly basis and so many take him for granted. It happens sometimes, you're just used to seeing incredible basketball that you sometimes don't stop and appreciate it. I know that's how I felt with Kobe sometimes, I didn't always appreciate how rare of a talent he was and how fortunate we all were to see him play. But many people's opinions on him won't change.. they'll label him a frontrunner or a ring chaser or whatever.. but at this point, none of that matters. He's had his moment and the play of his career.

He's still got more time left too.. I can't wait to see what else he can accomplish. 

Repped.

Enjoyed reading that. Well done.

I said throughout his career that coaching, roster and all the parts matter. It is amazing to me that a 2 minute stretch is going to define a career but those are the rules you all made - so so be it. He is one of the 5 best of all time and you really can't say a thing anymore.

Last night was the pinnacle of his career and the block, the play of his career.

I can't believe it actually happened.

I've been at work all day the last two days but I'm reading every damn reply in this thread. I know tons of people have shared their thoughts on this already.

Lebron James and Cleveland beat the "best team of all time" on the road, in a game 7, and Lebron had a all-time, legendary defensive play... in THE MOST LEBRON JAMES POSSIBLE WAY a chase down block that was timed perfectly. 

This is such an incredible story the only way it could be better is if Lebron converted that dunk. The universe isn't that great.

Kevin Love.. KEVIN LOVE.. played the best defense of his career, played locked in, focused basketball for the entire game and it was amazing to watch someone do that. He elevated his play in the highest moment. 

JR Smith stepped up and hit those clutch points to start the 2nd half. Kyrie played a hell of a game and nailed that 3. Lebron didn't do it alone, no one ever does, but damn did he deliver in those elimination games.

Plus it's a sweet result for the Warriors. They went from underdogs who everyone told them they couldn't do it, that their style wouldn't work, but they won the title and set the record this year. But we saw the cracks.. they could get cocky, they could get sloppy, they might not be able to survive some adversity.. and seeing them fall was pretty damn satisfying.

I don't want to be a prisoner of the moment, but I don't care.. Lebron is untouchable at this point. 3 rings, all the stats, MVPs, all the big moments.. THE BLOCK.. he's done it. Even if you don't want to talk about the narrative and story of winning it for Cleveland.. he's still got his 3rd championship. You can still not rock with him, think he's corny, overacts (he does of course), not like his attitude, or whatever.. all that stuff is personal differences.. but his game is untouchable at this point. He's earned all of your respect. He's had his faults and his dark spots in his career, as will anyone who has had a 13+ year NBA career, but he's in a very select group right now.

It doesn't matter how you feel about him, the facts tell us he's one of the best of all-time. The accomplishments, the wins, the rings, the iconic moments, he's got them all and he's still got time left. He won't ever be Peak Lebron anymore, but he's shown he can absolutely turn it on when it counts. He just delivered that stat line in 3 straight elimination games.. IN HIS SIXTH STRAIGHT FINALS APPEARANCE. The amount of mileage is unreal and he was able to turn in that kind of performance.

I have no problem with how he got here either. Not every legend has been lucky enough to be surrounded by future HOFers with his original team, hell.. I wish Lebron left Cleveland sooner considering the makeup of that original squad. He spent his prime in Miami and we got to see some beautiful basketball by stars sacrificing their play for the team. And now he's back. He didn't need to come back, but it's pretty awesome that he came back. Cleveland got it's championship, Lebron's got his redemption, and he's made it.

I've been a Lebron fan since the 07 Pistons series. I didn't know how I felt about him prior to that, I saw the talent and the hype, but when I saw that, then I became a fan. Saw all the nonsense about him "quitting" or being a ring chaser.. I'll concede the 11 Finals were terrible and the Decision was dumb, but he was delivering on a nightly basis and so many take him for granted. It happens sometimes, you're just used to seeing incredible basketball that you sometimes don't stop and appreciate it. I know that's how I felt with Kobe sometimes, I didn't always appreciate how rare of a talent he was and how fortunate we all were to see him play. But many people's opinions on him won't change.. they'll label him a frontrunner or a ring chaser or whatever.. but at this point, none of that matters. He's had his moment and the play of his career.

He's still got more time left too.. I can't wait to see what else he can accomplish. 

I can feel the spirit from a handful of NTers leaving their bodies as they read this post. Their irrational hate will still find a way on this board, but the passion and vigor behind their words are pretty much dead. Some aimless weakening parasites looking for another host. It was a nice ride for them.

7230%20-%20Big_Show%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20shovel%20sledge_hammer%20smackdown%20wwf.gif

RhgFFfP.gif

Last edited:
this parade is lit :nerd:

lebron making sure his retirement is gonna be even bigger

cop holding up a toddler and asking the crowd, "who's kid is this?" :x

Last edited:
this parade is lit
nerd.gif

lebron making sure his retirement is gonna be even bigger
this is y i dont think hes leaving again unlike the espn narrative. dude has cemented his legacy in cleveland forever. hes now literally the king there. why leave? no reason to ring chase anymore AT ALL. miami is great and all, but youre the KING of cleveland. might as well retire there at this point.

Y'all don't wanna believe your fav sport is scripted huh? :lol:
don't worry guys santa's still real meanwhile I'll keep making money off y'all :pimp:

I said throughout his career that coaching, roster and all the parts matter. It is amazing to me that a 2 minute stretch is going to define a career but those are the rules you all made - so so be it. He is one of the 5 best of all time and you really can't say a thing anymore.

Last night was the pinnacle of his career and the block, the play of his career.

Plus it's a sweet result for the Warriors. They went from underdogs who everyone told them they couldn't do it, that their style wouldn't work, but they won the title and set the record this year, but they're underdog attitude became cocky and arrogant. I always said Steph and co would showboat and hotdog but so long as they were winning people were cool with it. Those dumb passes and ridiculous 3s aren't as fun when you miss, are they? But we saw the cracks.. they could get cocky, they could get sloppy, they might not be able to survive some adversity.. and seeing them fall was pretty damn satisfying.

Nah.

great post

But if your GS team won, you wouldn't be posting that. :lol:

Get all the way outta here with that, Ayesha.

Lee Atwater "The BoogieMan" once said, "His favorite sport was Wrestling" (Cause you knew it was obviously fake). Back in the NWA/WWF era you knew it was fake but not scripted to the degree it is today (WWE). The NBA and NFL to me is so scripted now.. Freaking Stephen A. pretty much told you what was going to happen.

View media item 2077373

The only thing left is for Russy to win a title and claim Finals MVP.

Then leave for New York.

And Lebron joins too.

And there will be blackjack and hookers.

And they name me head coach and I hire Patrick Ewing and we become best friends.

Last edited:

Lebron James and Cleveland beat the "best team of all time" on the road, in a game 7, and Lebron had a all-time, legendary defensive play... in THE MOST LEBRON JAMES POSSIBLE WAY  a chase down block that was timed perfectly. 

Plus it's a sweet result for the Warriors. They went from underdogs who everyone told them they couldn't do it, that their style wouldn't work, but they won the title and set the record this year, but they're underdog attitude became cocky and arrogant. I always said Steph and co would showboat and hotdog but so long as they were winning people were cool with it. Those dumb passes and ridiculous 3s aren't as fun when you miss, are they? But we saw the cracks.. they could get cocky, they could get sloppy, they might not be able to survive some adversity.. and seeing them fall was pretty damn satisfying.

I don't want to be a prisoner of the moment, but I don't care.. Lebron is untouchable at this point. 3 rings, all the stats, MVPs, all the big moments.. THE BLOCK.. he's done it. Even if you don't want to talk about the narrative and story of winning it for Cleveland.. he's still got his 3rd championship. You can still not rock with him, think he's corny, overacts (he does of course), not like his attitude, or whatever.. all that stuff is personal differences.. but his game  is untouchable at this point. He's earned all of your respect. He's had his faults and his dark spots in his career, as will anyone who has had a 13+ year NBA career, but he's in a very select group right now.

Nah.

great post
lebron-and-magic-laughing.gif

The only thing left is for Russy to win a title and claim Finals MVP.

Then leave for New York.

And Lebron joins too.

And there will be blackjack and hookers.

And they name me head coach and I hire Patrick Ewing and we become best friends.

Even in your fantasy world Ewing still isn't a head coach :lol: :frown:

Great post except for your take on the Warriors. I thought they were more confident than cocky but none the less, very good post. Repped.

One thing I have yet to see people mention is him being a great "coach and GM"....or is that only when they lose? :nerd:

Everyone knows I've hated lebron but have never denied his talents and how much of an amazing player he is.

Idk what's up with me, I'm actually happy for the dude. Glad he won it. Screw the city but good for him for finally... FINALLY! Bringing a championship to Cleveland which he set to do so since he was first drafted. Fairytale story and it's cool to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom