The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
is steph a glorified role player? 
nerd.gif

His accomplishments list all star. Can't take that away from him, regardless of how he got there. Ray Allen was also a replacement pick.

Kevin Love, Kidd, Billups, Rasheed, Ray Allen, Gilbert, Carmelo, GP, Garnett, Webber, just to name a few.

Mo Williams!

What about 2010? Similar stats and record no all star nod :nerd:

It's like dude goes out of his way to be in the spotlight.

Does he? Thats news to me. How does the #1 superstar in the league avoid that or need to do it?

Was The decision one instance? I thought the decision was great. Raised over $2.5M for the boys and girls club. Was it cheesy? Sure. But i had no problem with it

One thing he was guilty of was having his boys put that together. Had he had a more professional management team, not one made up of his boys, it would have went differently.

I never liked the justification of the Decision by saying the money went to charity. That doesn't make it any less of a horrific PR decision

I bet Lebron himself would say he would do it a different way if asked

What about 2010? Similar stats and record no all star nod :nerd:

pretty clear to me Mo '08/'09 was better than Mo '09/'10. He pretty much averaged 20 points per game from Jan through March that season. Played well at the right time of the season to get noticed. He wasn't that the following year. I remember him missing 10+ games in one stretch right before all star game? Not that he would have made it though.

I never liked the justification of the Decision by saying the money went to charity. That doesn't make it any less of a horrific PR decision

I bet Lebron himself would say he would do it a different way if asked

what was horrific about it though? Cheesy?

It was the biggest free agent decision in NBA history?

I never understood the hate with The Decision.

I couldn't care any less how corny a player is, how cocky he might be, he doesn't sign autographs, he;s a beta, skin color is too light, etc.

I just care about what he does on the court. Everything outside is irrelevant to me.

Last edited:
Does he? Thats news to me. How does the #1 superstar in the league avoid that or need to do it?

Was The decision one instance? I thought the decision was great. Raised over $2.5M for the boys and girls club. Was it cheesy? Sure. But i had no problem with it

One thing he was guilty of was having his boys put that together. Had he had a more professional management team, not one made up of his boys, it would have went differently.
The Decision. If he really cared that much, he could've just wrote a check.
Him wearing an Ultimate Warrior shirt today.
Letting the world know he's watching the 97 Jazz instead of Warriors vs Spurs.
The list goes on.

His on court demeanor was just funny style to me and I felt he had a lot of praise and nothing to show for it (03-09)

He was still funny to me but he had made a move to to put himself in a position to win. I could respect that, though the way he went about it was a bit off (10-14)

Then he left again, which in the long run was a smart decision. (14-now)

I'll never call myself a fan but I can definitely give him props when he delivers. Can't even say I dislike him anymore.

The Decision. If he really cared that much, he could've just wrote a check.
Him wearing an Ultimate Warrior shirt today.
Letting the world know he's watching the 97 Jazz instead of Warriors vs Spurs.
The list goes on.

You don't find the humor in wearing an Ultimate Warrior shirt? This is the same team that had players questioning his manhood. talking all this mess, and thats all he really did to respond, outside of beating them.

Thats pretty minimal to me. He could have been 1000 times worst.

I can't really slander the t-shirt
Pretty funny tbh
I still don't like LeBron but I kept most of the hate in the Haters thread

someone let me know when the off season thread starts up. I enjoy that one more than anything during the regular season. Especially the free agent signing thread. Last years was one of the best threads ever.

someone let me know when the off season thread starts up. I enjoy that one more than anything during the regular season. Especially the free agent signing thread. Last years was one of the best threads ever.
lol thats funny. i dont see you all throughout the season but soon as the offseason hits you in the basketball threads. 
laugh.gif

[quote name="lakersman3000"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]Not even trying.

It's a terrible comparison because it's true but you don't want it to be.

If I would have just said that there are literally thousands of people that we all compliment despite never having seen them or even being alive in their time, you would simply agree. But put names behind that concept and it's a terrible analogy/comparison. :lol: [/QUOTE]your comparing sports to things like inventors or other and totally different things. apples to oranges.
like i said tell me how great mikan is , or the big O is by they stats. you having never been able to seeing them play. horrible analogy my dude.
 sorry but just cause you say its true doesnt mean it is. [/quote]The reason it's true isn't because I said so; it's because you can't deny what I said.

The argument you're offering doesn't apply to what I said, because I'm not comparing what they did (art and sports are what people do).

I'm comparing the compliments of someone you didn't know to the compliments of others you didn't know.

What they did is completely irrelevant, and only comes into play when you want to use it as a nitpicky, easy rebuttal.

You refuse to acknowledge that we compliment people we didn't see operate daily... because it's true. And inconvenient. Destroys the whole 'Did you watch them?' narrative.

So instead you stick with 'Dude, you can't compare Big O to Einstein.'

I'm not, but like I said, acknowledging that we compliment people in the daily that we never saw, that goes against your argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom