The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by PMatic

@KCJHoop #Bulls not represented at player reps meeting in NYC. Boozer and Noah are player reps.
Boozer not showing up when he's needed most...where have I seen that before?
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
 Nice.
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Union rejects owners' latest offer[/font]

Union president Derek Fisher says his orders from NBA players are clear: No deal.

"The current offer on the table from the NBA is one that we cannot accept," he said Tuesday.

Instead, the players said they will ask for another meeting with the owners before commissioner David Stern's Wednesday afternoon deadline.

Stern has said that if the players don't take the current deal by then, the league's next offer will be much worse.

The players insisted they will not be forced into taking a bad deal by an ultimatum.

"The players are saying that we understand their position, but unfortunately we're not intimidated by that," union executive director Billy Hunter said.

The league's current proposal calls for players to receive between 49 percent and 51 percent of basketball-related income, though players argue it would be nearly impossible to get above 50.2 percent.

If they don't agree to it by 5 p.m. Wednesday, the next offer will call for salary rollbacks, a 53-47 revenue split in the owners' favor and essentially a hard salary cap.

And, Hunter said he heard, games canceled through Christmas.

Players seem willing to negotiate further on the revenue split if they get some concessions on the salary cap system. Without them, Fisher said "we don't see a way of getting a deal done between now and end of business" Wednesday.

The union called the meeting after Stern issued his ultimatum early Sunday morning. Fisher said 43 players, including superstars Carmelo Anthony and Blake Griffin, attended the meeting and that 29 of the 30 teams were represented.

Ok, owners said take 50/50 by Wed. or get 53-47. Players said No to 50/50 yet want to talk again.

WHY? Owners aren't budging, esp on the system issues that the players want changed.

My goodness this is *%**++$!. Cancel the season already and put everyone out of their misery. The stupidity coming out of this is unmatched.

@KCJHoop #Bulls not represented at player reps meeting in NYC. Boozer and Noah are player reps.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
 Nice.

Union president Derek Fisher says his orders from NBA players are clear: No deal.

"The current offer on the table from the NBA is one that we cannot accept," he said Tuesday.

Instead, the players said they will ask for another meeting with the owners before commissioner David Stern's Wednesday afternoon deadline.

Stern has said that if the players don't take the current deal by then, the league's next offer will be much worse.

The players insisted they will not be forced into taking a bad deal by an ultimatum.

"The players are saying that we understand their position, but unfortunately we're not intimidated by that," union executive director Billy Hunter said.

The league's current proposal calls for players to receive between 49 percent and 51 percent of basketball-related income, though players argue it would be nearly impossible to get above 50.2 percent.

If they don't agree to it by 5 p.m. Wednesday, the next offer will call for salary rollbacks, a 53-47 revenue split in the owners' favor and essentially a hard salary cap.

And, Hunter said he heard, games canceled through Christmas.

Players seem willing to negotiate further on the revenue split if they get some concessions on the salary cap system. Without them, Fisher said "we don't see a way of getting a deal done between now and end of business" Wednesday.

The union called the meeting after Stern issued his ultimatum early Sunday morning. Fisher said 43 players, including superstars Carmelo Anthony and Blake Griffin, attended the meeting and that 29 of the 30 teams were represented.

Ok, owners said take 50/50 by Wed. or get 53-47. Players said No to 50/50 yet want to talk again.

WHY? Owners aren't budging, esp on the system issues that the players want changed.

My goodness this is *%**++$!. Cancel the season already and put everyone out of their misery. The stupidity coming out of this is unmatched.

No amount of concessions in the CBA will make the Bobcats better. Jordan is the same guy that thought popeye jones was serviceable in dc.
laugh.gif

No amount of concessions in the CBA will make the Bobcats better. Jordan is the same guy that thought popeye jones was serviceable in dc.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Burns1923

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
 Nice.

When Stern cancelled the first two weeks he said that future offers will reflect the losses that the league is suffering due to the cancellation. Weeks later, he offers a 50/50 split with an MLE included.

Maybe they'll budge again. Maybe they won't. But from the player's POV, if they can't get the BRI, then they want the system issues. Surely they can get that after giving back 270 mil with their BRI reduction.

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
 Nice.

When Stern cancelled the first two weeks he said that future offers will reflect the losses that the league is suffering due to the cancellation. Weeks later, he offers a 50/50 split with an MLE included.

Maybe they'll budge again. Maybe they won't. But from the player's POV, if they can't get the BRI, then they want the system issues. Surely they can get that after giving back 270 mil with their BRI reduction.

But the system issues are actually what the owners are most insistent on at this point. I don't see them moving that.

They might move a tad on BRI but nothing else. Players want BRI AND system changes.

But the system issues are actually what the owners are most insistent on at this point. I don't see them moving that.

They might move a tad on BRI but nothing else. Players want BRI AND system changes.

I really feel bad for the players. No matter what they do they're going to be crucified as rich millionaires paid to bounce a stupid ball through a hole complaining about more money than we will see in our life time.

When the union said 50/50 and Players wanted 52 everyone said "Just go to 51 and get over with it"
Now they go to 51 but owners STILL want 50 and everyone says "Just go to 50 and end this"
Now after Wed if it goes to 47 people will still say "Just take the 47, you're losing more money fighting this"

It's a shame but hey I guess that's business.

I really feel bad for the players. No matter what they do they're going to be crucified as rich millionaires paid to bounce a stupid ball through a hole complaining about more money than we will see in our life time.

When the union said 50/50 and Players wanted 52 everyone said "Just go to 51 and get over with it"
Now they go to 51 but owners STILL want 50 and everyone says "Just go to 50 and end this"
Now after Wed if it goes to 47 people will still say "Just take the 47, you're losing more money fighting this"

It's a shame but hey I guess that's business.

I don't even care anymore. Just cancel the damn season. Tired of hearing about this and getting my hopes up.
30t6p3b.gif

I don't even care anymore. Just cancel the damn season. Tired of hearing about this and getting my hopes up.
30t6p3b.gif

Owners have been insistent on everything. They haven't budged on giving the players the majority of the BRI split from the beginning of the negotiations.

Players would probably be fine with that as long as tax paying teams can use the MLE & sign and trades, which is why they rejected the offer.

How exactly do the players want BRI when they've gone down from 53% to 51 and are even willing to drop below that?

link

We'll see what the owners do in the coming days.

Owners have been insistent on everything. They haven't budged on giving the players the majority of the BRI split from the beginning of the negotiations.

Players would probably be fine with that as long as tax paying teams can use the MLE & sign and trades, which is why they rejected the offer.

How exactly do the players want BRI when they've gone down from 53% to 51 and are even willing to drop below that?

link

WojYahooNBAAdrian Wojnarowski
Everyone knows union takes 50-50. Comes to this: Will owners give them crumbs on MLE for taxpayers, sign-trade, escrow, etc., for deal?

6 minutes ago

WojYahooNBAAdrian Wojnarowski
Everyone knows union takes 50-50. Comes to this: Will owners give them crumbs on MLE for taxpayers, sign-trade, escrow, etc., for deal?

6 minutes ago

Originally Posted by ill steelo

link

Players rejected current 50/50 deal. Why would they take 50 or less at this point?
They'll only take 50 if they get the system concessions they want. Owners aren't doing 50 AND concessions.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

link

Players rejected current 50/50 deal. Why would they take 50 or less at this point?
They'll only take 50 if they get the system concessions they want. Owners aren't doing 50 AND concessions.

^^^ I thought that the players said they would be ok with the 50-50 on the BRI and just want some concessions on the system? If that's right, there still might be a glimmer of hope. If they want the owners to move on both the BRI and system, I think its a wrap for the 2011-2012 season.

Back
Top Bottom