The Official NBA Collective Bargaining Thread vol Phased in Hard Cap

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Just get a deal done TODAY. I don't care about small market big market owners players whatever.  

Yeah you would say that after reading that article. Yeah........

this is screwed up on so many levels....reading the article shed light on just how easy some of the owners have it. Portland being the main one with Allen as the owner but receiving taxpayer dollars for his team really pisses me off.

I don't care about either side, I just want pro basketball, especially Bulls vs Lakers on Christmas Day.

Now on to the players...all of their contracts are guaranteed, average salary is btw 5 and 6 million, they even get per diem on roadtrips....SO ++%#$*# WHAT IF YOU DONT GET A COLLECTIVE PERCENTAGE...oh yeah, they play a sport for 6 months out the year

I can't see why they wanna killoff the golden goose...these "expert" GMs are going to continue to pay them millions after one good season and thy can't take it back...take the damn 50-50 and lets get it on

this is screwed up on so many levels....reading the article shed light on just how easy some of the owners have it. Portland being the main one with Allen as the owner but receiving taxpayer dollars for his team really pisses me off.

I don't care about either side, I just want pro basketball, especially Bulls vs Lakers on Christmas Day.

Now on to the players...all of their contracts are guaranteed, average salary is btw 5 and 6 million, they even get per diem on roadtrips....SO ++%#$*# WHAT IF YOU DONT GET A COLLECTIVE PERCENTAGE...oh yeah, they play a sport for 6 months out the year

I can't see why they wanna killoff the golden goose...these "expert" GMs are going to continue to pay them millions after one good season and thy can't take it back...take the damn 50-50 and lets get it on

The players pretty much waived the white flag yesterday and the main reason they didn't take the deal yesterday was to save face.  They told the owners we will do 50/50 long as we get the system issues right.  The owners hoped this would happen now they focus on the system issues and get a deal done.  If it doesn't get done today then it gets done within the week.  

The players pretty much waived the white flag yesterday and the main reason they didn't take the deal yesterday was to save face.  They told the owners we will do 50/50 long as we get the system issues right.  The owners hoped this would happen now they focus on the system issues and get a deal done.  If it doesn't get done today then it gets done within the week.  

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

yea i just saw this......them broke players wasn't gonna vote to decert......you know them fools been living check to check since day 1 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

yea i just saw this......them broke players wasn't gonna vote to decert......you know them fools been living check to check since day 1 
laugh.gif

You know I was actually looking up to the players. All over the country, the economy has made ppl get pay cuts while bigger companies make more money. CEOs been making more money than ever, while employees across the board either took pay cuts, or lost their jobs.

The NBA union was the only entity I know of that actually stood up to this, and refused to take a pay cut so owners can make more money. I feel like the players shouldn't back down, especially if they made 57% of the revenue, down to 50%? Thats crazy, the owners aint play naan games, and they sure weren't bringing the fans in. Just because they can't get that NY or LA money in a small market, maybe they should move or retract, but that has nothing to do with the players. That's on them, esp when you see teams like Atlanta that pay Joe Johnson $120 mil but cant get an owner, thats not Joe Johnson fault he just plays basketball (only on offense tho zing!) Its so wild because it's the owners that pay these guys, yet they are mad that the players make too much. That's bad business sense, investing in something that depreciates in value.

But anyway I side with the players. F*** the owners they didn't invent basketball, basketball will go on without them. It reminds me of the ABA days, when players played the game because they loved it. They weren't getting paid like that, but the game was more enjoyable. I would love to see the players start their own league like that before they kiss Stern's ***

You know I was actually looking up to the players. All over the country, the economy has made ppl get pay cuts while bigger companies make more money. CEOs been making more money than ever, while employees across the board either took pay cuts, or lost their jobs.

The NBA union was the only entity I know of that actually stood up to this, and refused to take a pay cut so owners can make more money. I feel like the players shouldn't back down, especially if they made 57% of the revenue, down to 50%? Thats crazy, the owners aint play naan games, and they sure weren't bringing the fans in. Just because they can't get that NY or LA money in a small market, maybe they should move or retract, but that has nothing to do with the players. That's on them, esp when you see teams like Atlanta that pay Joe Johnson $120 mil but cant get an owner, thats not Joe Johnson fault he just plays basketball (only on offense tho zing!) Its so wild because it's the owners that pay these guys, yet they are mad that the players make too much. That's bad business sense, investing in something that depreciates in value.

But anyway I side with the players. F*** the owners they didn't invent basketball, basketball will go on without them. It reminds me of the ABA days, when players played the game because they loved it. They weren't getting paid like that, but the game was more enjoyable. I would love to see the players start their own league like that before they kiss Stern's ***

Originally Posted by ill steelo

How so? Everything I'm reading from reporters says that players will accept the deal if it includes increased cap flexibility for tax paying teams. The first time I've heard of the players being close to accepting any offer from the owners.

I could've sworn that that was a system tweak.

Frankly, who really knows at this point.
I'm ready to call BS on all of it. Now starting to think 99.5% of everything that's been put out there the whole time has been smoke and mirrors, dealing through the media.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

How so? Everything I'm reading from reporters says that players will accept the deal if it includes increased cap flexibility for tax paying teams. The first time I've heard of the players being close to accepting any offer from the owners.

I could've sworn that that was a system tweak.

Frankly, who really knows at this point.
I'm ready to call BS on all of it. Now starting to think 99.5% of everything that's been put out there the whole time has been smoke and mirrors, dealing through the media.

Just get a deal done today. Don't care what or how concessions are made just do it.

Just get a deal done today. Don't care what or how concessions are made just do it.

Originally Posted by illwill24

All of this. Owners need to sleep in the bed they mad, plain and simple.

All of this. Owners need to sleep in the bed they mad, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by got shoes

All of this. Owners need to sleep in the bed they made, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by got shoes

All of this. Owners need to sleep in the bed they made, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by CP1708

Get the flying @#$% outta here with that #**#%+*%+ built a God damn thing. He has 99.9% support cuz that's all the losers in Cleveland have left. Go check the article Dub posted in here on how Dan got his money. That dude ain't worth @#$% and anybody who backs him ain't worth @#$% either. You talk like LA gonna hurt after Kobe leaves, SIXTY TWO years they been relevant, 62. Before Kobe, during Kobe, after Kobe. The Lakers is the brand, not the Lebron like you worthless franchise. They were nothing before him, and nothing without.........even though I argue they were nothing with him either.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Only a fool thinks we die with one player. 6 decades son, get a @#$%&* clue.
Yeah I mean, if you want to talk NBA, it's Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks. If you aren't one of those teams, you aren't really in the conversation. Even when struggling, teams like Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks still relevant. They stay in the media. 

I guess in terms of media attention and relevance, you can list the Knicks with LA and Boston.  But when it comes to on-court success, they're not even close to being in the same class.  Considering they've only won 2 NBA titles in their long existence, the only reason that Knicks are a "storied" NBA franchise is because they play in New York.  If they played somewhere else and had the same track record, they wouldn't get nearly the same attention.  The hype the Knicks get is bit of a pet peeve of mine since, in my lifetime, they've been bad to mediorce a lot more than they've been good.   

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by CP1708

Get the flying @#$% outta here with that #**#%+*%+ built a God damn thing. He has 99.9% support cuz that's all the losers in Cleveland have left. Go check the article Dub posted in here on how Dan got his money. That dude ain't worth @#$% and anybody who backs him ain't worth @#$% either. You talk like LA gonna hurt after Kobe leaves, SIXTY TWO years they been relevant, 62. Before Kobe, during Kobe, after Kobe. The Lakers is the brand, not the Lebron like you worthless franchise. They were nothing before him, and nothing without.........even though I argue they were nothing with him either.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Only a fool thinks we die with one player. 6 decades son, get a @#$%&* clue.
Yeah I mean, if you want to talk NBA, it's Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks. If you aren't one of those teams, you aren't really in the conversation. Even when struggling, teams like Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks still relevant. They stay in the media. 

I guess in terms of media attention and relevance, you can list the Knicks with LA and Boston.  But when it comes to on-court success, they're not even close to being in the same class.  Considering they've only won 2 NBA titles in their long existence, the only reason that Knicks are a "storied" NBA franchise is because they play in New York.  If they played somewhere else and had the same track record, they wouldn't get nearly the same attention.  The hype the Knicks get is bit of a pet peeve of mine since, in my lifetime, they've been bad to mediorce a lot more than they've been good.   

Back
Top Bottom