The Official Mortal Kombat X Thread (KOMBAT PACK 2 AVAILABLE NOW FOR PSN & XBL)

Scorpion lame? Imma have to see you with the hands after work now bruh
laugh.gif

They took the zombie rage phantom and turned him into just a guy
mean.gif
WHERES THE SKULL HEAD?!?!?!?

I don't like any of the ninjas unmasked. The masks and mystery are what made them cool.

I also don't like how reptile is now a lizard version of golem
laugh.gif

Shao Kahn was the boss of all bosses. Kotal is trash
laugh.gif

Shinok is meh. Him being the final boss was disappointing.

But again, I'm speaking from a creative standpoint. The gameplay is excellent OFF LINE
Aww man, Imma need that ID/GT off you. I hope you got that 4.

Agreed on all fronts. I should've rephrased tho, I rocked with Scorpion until the reboot. His emotions been set to Drizzy ever since. :lol: I miss Reptile being human. Lizardman can stay in Soul Caliber.

Shao Khan is the GOAT but his right hand man Motaro needs to make a comeback with all 4 legs this time.

Aww man, Imma need that ID/GT off you. I hope you got that 4.
Agreed on all fronts. I should've rephrased tho, I rocked with Scorpion until the reboot. His emotions been set to Drizzy ever since. :lol: I miss Reptile being human. Lizardman can stay in Soul Caliber.
Shao Khan is the GOAT but his right hand man Motaro needs to make a comeback with all 4 legs this time.

Afraid I only have the Xbox one bud.

Basically the story shifted and made everyone friends :x

Subzero and scorpion belong to a clan of killers. Now they tolerate each other and fight for earth :x father figure subzero? :x

I have no clue what the deal is with lu kang and those guys :lol: they're just bad because. Either I missed something or the story didn't make something clear.

There isn't even a sub boss in this game. Goro is a playable character. In typical MK fashion the sub boss needs to be OD hard and so does the final boss.

Every new human character is lame. ALL of them.

Last edited:
Erron Black isn't lame imo. Have a feeling the next story is gonna be insane. This MK was a clean slate of sorts now NRS can really go in. The comic has developed Havik, Reiko, Sareena, etc. more than a game ever could and we're gonna see that either in a new story DLC or the next game

Last edited:

Basically the story shifted and made everyone friends
sick.gif

Subzero and scorpion belong to a clan of killers. Now they tolerate each other and fight for earth
sick.gif
father figure subzero?
sick.gif

I have no clue what the deal is with lu kang and those guys
laugh.gif
they're just bad because. Either I missed something or the story didn't make something clear.

There isn't even a sub boss in this game. Goro is a playable character. In typical MK fashion the sub boss needs to be OD hard and so does the final boss.

I mean, I have games for the XB, it's just hat MK isn't one of them. lol 

Add me anyway  @ Tigron Ent

Yeah that was weird. I'm only interested in what happens with the Netherrealm folks. Also, maybe it was explained  but where was nightwolf/cyrax/smoke? I need my mains back.

Agreed. Not feeling the Masked ninja/rapper truce. Their beef is a staple in the MK storyline; without it, there's no Noo- wait, where is Noob?

Man I still can't get with fighting Goro on PvP. He's a regular dude now, talk about a fall from grace. I would've liked to see Kintaro come back from the Netherrealm. Wishful thinking I suppose.

Yep. No super powers, just guns and smugness. I hope Erron Black's ending is canon. It really may be best for the series.

Last edited:
Here's a video of me sparring online. Now I haven't had much time to play the game to level up but with time and practice I should get a lil better. I dropped a few combos and I didn't punish properly in some situations but hey this is a new MK game
laugh.gif
  I also had a few input errors while playing the game. I'm still learning Sub-Zero, Kung Lao and Johnny Cage. I gotta hit the lab heavy and I still need to cop an ASUS monitor
ohwell.gif

[h1]MK_DRAMACYDAL VS DEMONN_COLOSO[/h1]

Last edited:
Cage's jump in with 1 is frustrating! WIFF
Yea .. Also the lack of anti airs in this game is what kills it too. Anybody can just jump in and not get checked. It's fun a game but it's really a guessing game of rock, paper, scissors. This game is all about corner carry and 50/50 mix ups. So if your character has a low starter and an overhead then you good money. That's why you see in every top 8 tournament Quan Chi, Raiden, Kung Jin, Sonya, D'Vorah , and Erron Black. Also you might catch a Hellfire Scorpion, Jax or even a Sub-zero in a top 8 from time to time. One of the few characters that isn't a 50/50 character that's tournament viable is Kung Lao. Liu Kang isn't really that good either in this game. He's mid tier at best. I put Johnny Cage over him. He has no overhead launcher and all you have to do to beat Liu Kang is to block low. The only thing that Liu Kang has is his fireball run dash cancels in his dragon fire variation which is good for building meter and but you also burn a lot of your stamina bar when you preform it. He's a high execution rush down character but with no 50/50's
tired.gif

^^^
Agree with that post something serious.
Been practing with Kotal Kahn and took him online for a bit today.
I like him[emoji]128526[/emoji]
Jason, Kotal, Cassie, Sonya are the squad for right now. Want to see what Predator do though..
Getting better at defending against the onslaughts of Tanya's I've been facing..

Basically the story shifted and made everyone friends
sick.gif

Subzero and scorpion belong to a clan of killers. Now they tolerate each other and fight for earth
sick.gif
father figure subzero?
sick.gif

I have no clue what the deal is with lu kang and those guys
laugh.gif
they're just bad because. Either I missed something or the story didn't make something clear.

I agree. None of these new Characters catch my attention. They're so bland. Erron Black is pretty unique though. Kotal Khan reminds me too much of Orge from Tekken but he's alright I guess. D'Vorah is a character I can't get into at all. Jacqui Briggs is hella bland. Takeda is nothing to write home about either. Cassie get's a pass from me because she has charisma and is a top ten character but I wish Sonya had a Johnny Cage Jr instead . To keep it a buck the only reason why I was even interested in this game is because my mains were back ( Sub-Zero, Kung Lao and Johnny Cage ) sprinkled in with a few other Klassic Characters like Scorpion, Raiden, Jax, Ermac, Liu Kang, Quan Chi and Kenshi. Only Reptile I ever liked was UMK3 Reptile. Kano is pretty kool in MKX. Much better than his MK9 version. I Also liked UMK3 Kano as well. Only Sonya I ever liked was UMK3 Sonya. I will admit that MKX is polished up much better than MK9 but the roster is kinda bland compared to MK9.

Thunder God Raiden > everybody. Once you're in the corner, it's a wrap.

I wish that was my main sooner, my record wouldn't look so hideous.

^^^
Agree with that post something serious.
Been practing with Kotal Kahn and took him online for a bit today.
I like him[emoji]128526[/emoji]
Jason, Kotal, Cassie, Sonya are the squad for right now. Want to see what Predator do though..
Getting better at defending against the onslaughts of Tanya's I've been facing..
Yea Sonya Blade and Cassie Cage are really good characters. Sonya is probably in the top 5 as of right now. I have feeling that Predator is going to play similar to Cyrax if you think about it. He has a lot of gadgets so it makes sense why NRS didn't even bother bringing Cyrax back when they got Predator to throw in the mix instead.

Thunder God Raiden > everybody. Once you're in the corner, it's a wrap.

I wish that was my main sooner, my record wouldn't look so hideous.
It's a toss up between Thunder God Raiden, Quan Chi Summoner and Erron Black Outlaw at the highest level for that #1 spot. Raiden's F1 normal has been changed from a mid to high in the recent hotfix so it kinda did hurt Raiden's game plan a lil bit since F1,2 was a frame trap but he's a still a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:
Yes. The game is heavily based on 50/50 high low dial combos. IMO I don't like it because it's pretty much dependant on reads and not reaction (online :x). Once these characters that call out assists get optimized (Quran, Sonya, Cassie) it's a wrap for the game. Those setups are pure guesses

Last edited:
I got beat by Jax by a dude doing a 2 piece low combo almost the entire match.

I hate Kung Jin (that staff has TOO much range), Grandmaster Sub-Zero and Sonya.

Last edited:
^ This ! I can't stand fighting Kung Jin, that range annoys me. People rarely drop combos with him. But once you learn how to read him it's not too bad. Just gotta know where to block

I've been reading the MK comics posted in here, very interesting story line. Makes the story in the actual game look pretty bad

Back
Top Bottom