The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

Originally Posted by NCTwin

I got Scorpion's fatality down pretty well, but I need to work on the dead forest fatality. Where do I need to be to do this?? I got the pit with no problem.
Ohh you cant perform the living forest fatality in this demo.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

I got Scorpion's fatality down pretty well, but I need to work on the dead forest fatality. Where do I need to be to do this?? I got the pit with no problem.
Ohh you cant perform the living forest fatality in this demo.

Updated tour listings now look like:
  • Austin, TX (March 11 - March 12)
    South by South West Music Festival
    3/11 (2pm - 6pm)
    3/12 (12pm - 6pm)
    3/13 (12pm - 6pm)

• Dallas, TX (March 19 - March 20)
    3/19 (11am - 4pm) Best Buy #202 2800 N. Central Expressway Plano, TX 75074
    3/20 (11am - 4pm) Best Buy #256 4255 Lyndon B. Johnson Fwy Farmer's Branch, TX 75244

• San Francisco, CA (March 25 - March 26)
    3/25 (4pm - 9pm) Best Buy #187 1717 Harrison St. San Francisco, CA 94103
    3/26 (11am - 4pm) Best Buy #187 1717 Harrison St. San Francisco, CA 94103

• Oakland, CA (March 28)
    3/28 (11am - 4pm) Best Buy #499 3700 Mandela Pkwy Oakland, CA 94608

• Vancouver, BC, Canada (Dates TBA)
    To Be Advised

• Minneapolis, MN (April 8 - April 10)
    4/8 (6pm - 9pm) Best Buy #4 13513 Ridgedale Dr. Minnetonka, MN 55305
    4/9 (11am - 4pm) Best Buy #4 13513 Ridgedale Dr. Minnetonka, MN 55305
    4/10 (11am - 4pm) Best Buy #1055 1235 Town Centre Dr. Eagan, MN 55123

• Chicago, IL (April 16 - April 19)
    Best Buy #311 7600 S. Cicero Ave
    Burbank Town Center Burbank, IL 60459
    4/16 (11am - 4pm)
    4/17 (11am - 4pm)

• Seattle, WA (Dates TBA)
    To Be Advised

Updated tour listings now look like:
  • Austin, TX (March 11 - March 12)
    South by South West Music Festival
    3/11 (2pm - 6pm)
    3/12 (12pm - 6pm)
    3/13 (12pm - 6pm)

• Dallas, TX (March 19 - March 20)
    3/19 (11am - 4pm) Best Buy #202 2800 N. Central Expressway Plano, TX 75074
    3/20 (11am - 4pm) Best Buy #256 4255 Lyndon B. Johnson Fwy Farmer's Branch, TX 75244

• San Francisco, CA (March 25 - March 26)
    3/25 (4pm - 9pm) Best Buy #187 1717 Harrison St. San Francisco, CA 94103
    3/26 (11am - 4pm) Best Buy #187 1717 Harrison St. San Francisco, CA 94103

• Oakland, CA (March 28)
    3/28 (11am - 4pm) Best Buy #499 3700 Mandela Pkwy Oakland, CA 94608

• Vancouver, BC, Canada (Dates TBA)
    To Be Advised

• Minneapolis, MN (April 8 - April 10)
    4/8 (6pm - 9pm) Best Buy #4 13513 Ridgedale Dr. Minnetonka, MN 55305
    4/9 (11am - 4pm) Best Buy #4 13513 Ridgedale Dr. Minnetonka, MN 55305
    4/10 (11am - 4pm) Best Buy #1055 1235 Town Centre Dr. Eagan, MN 55123

• Chicago, IL (April 16 - April 19)
    Best Buy #311 7600 S. Cicero Ave
    Burbank Town Center Burbank, IL 60459
    4/16 (11am - 4pm)
    4/17 (11am - 4pm)

• Seattle, WA (Dates TBA)
    To Be Advised

pimp.gif

Kintaro

Kintaro

Originally planned as a regular playable character, this tiger-like humanoid was based on the Japanese mythological figure, Kintaro. According to the legend he was abandoned in the mountains and grew up among the tigers. However, constructing a costume of this magnitude simply wasn't teasible. Kintaro's name and tiger stripes were retained when the new Goro-relative boss was created.

This female fighter was based on a real-life kick-boxer named Kathy Long, who Tobias admired and thought to be a totally noble person.She was dropped due to time constrains.

Baraka

Baraka is the character that definitely went through the hugest amount of transformation during the development stage of the game. He started as the man with the hook swords (the picture located left of the text), then he slowly morphed into the character we all know. The picture and the description are located under this text.

Originally a humanoid with sharp protrusions growing from his massive arms. Considering a possible unfair reach advantage, Tobias gave him Wolverine-style retractable blades and added the trademark teeth. Refining the look further, Baraka's head was shaved for more "Nosferatu" look. The stylish red dot which people misinterpreted as symbolizing Japan, was also nixed.

Jax

The character Jax was supposed to appear in Mortal Kombat 1 with Sonya's story and the name Stryker. Due to the absence of a female character in the game Sonya took his place. Now this fighter returns with the name Jax instead of Stryker. In Mortal Kombat 3 a complete new character with the name Stryker appears.

Jax started as an African-American kickboxer, but this idea was discarded due to similarities with Balrog (from Street Fighter 2). Then he donned a yellow costume with big metal hands that "clanged" upon contact. However, this outfit concealed much of actor John Parrish's impressive physique, so Jax went shirtless.

Kintaro

Kintaro

Originally planned as a regular playable character, this tiger-like humanoid was based on the Japanese mythological figure, Kintaro. According to the legend he was abandoned in the mountains and grew up among the tigers. However, constructing a costume of this magnitude simply wasn't teasible. Kintaro's name and tiger stripes were retained when the new Goro-relative boss was created.

This female fighter was based on a real-life kick-boxer named Kathy Long, who Tobias admired and thought to be a totally noble person.She was dropped due to time constrains.

Baraka

Baraka is the character that definitely went through the hugest amount of transformation during the development stage of the game. He started as the man with the hook swords (the picture located left of the text), then he slowly morphed into the character we all know. The picture and the description are located under this text.

Originally a humanoid with sharp protrusions growing from his massive arms. Considering a possible unfair reach advantage, Tobias gave him Wolverine-style retractable blades and added the trademark teeth. Refining the look further, Baraka's head was shaved for more "Nosferatu" look. The stylish red dot which people misinterpreted as symbolizing Japan, was also nixed.

Jax

The character Jax was supposed to appear in Mortal Kombat 1 with Sonya's story and the name Stryker. Due to the absence of a female character in the game Sonya took his place. Now this fighter returns with the name Jax instead of Stryker. In Mortal Kombat 3 a complete new character with the name Stryker appears.

Jax started as an African-American kickboxer, but this idea was discarded due to similarities with Balrog (from Street Fighter 2). Then he donned a yellow costume with big metal hands that "clanged" upon contact. However, this outfit concealed much of actor John Parrish's impressive physique, so Jax went shirtless.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

damn i suck
laugh.gif

its cool seeing that if you use the right moves you can get a nice combo going

Yea im still practicing aswell. Its seems to me that sub zero is the hardest to learn because his attacks are some what slow but very powerful. I'm having fun playing this demo though but I cant wait till the full game releases.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

damn i suck
laugh.gif

its cool seeing that if you use the right moves you can get a nice combo going

Yea im still practicing aswell. Its seems to me that sub zero is the hardest to learn because his attacks are some what slow but very powerful. I'm having fun playing this demo though but I cant wait till the full game releases.

Man the demo is ill. This is gonna be nuts! Puttin MK back on the map
pimp.gif

Are there gonna be babality, friendship,... and stuff like that tho? That was
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Man the demo is ill. This is gonna be nuts! Puttin MK back on the map
pimp.gif

Are there gonna be babality, friendship,... and stuff like that tho? That was
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jordanjunky22

is smoke, rain and kabal, motaro, charmeleon going to be in the game?
Smoke and Kabal are in for sure. Rain is more than likely going to be DLC. There's no word on motaro and I hope he doesn't come back. Kintaro>>>>> Motaro. I dont think chameleon is going to be back this time around.

Originally Posted by jordanjunky22

is smoke, rain and kabal, motaro, charmeleon going to be in the game?
Smoke and Kabal are in for sure. Rain is more than likely going to be DLC. There's no word on motaro and I hope he doesn't come back. Kintaro>>>>> Motaro. I dont think chameleon is going to be back this time around.

Back
Top Bottom