The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

Video Games | Mortal Kombat | Secret Fatalities Montage

Xbox 360 | PlayStation 3 | Nintendo Wii | PC Games
1000th post
eek.gif

Some of those 'fatalities' had so much potential. Some had no direction too.

"Heroic brutality?" LMAO

"Heroic brutality?" LMAO

Originally Posted by iHust1e

"Heroic brutality?" LMAO

Check the video again. I posted the wrong video by accident
laugh.gif
 I had to edit the post with the right video
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by iHust1e

"Heroic brutality?" LMAO

Check the video again. I posted the wrong video by accident
laugh.gif
 I had to edit the post with the right video
tongue.gif

[h2]possible MK10 story plans by an NRS employee [/h2]
ok this should be taken with a grain of salt, but a guy saying he has a minor role in netherealm says these are the plans for mk10:

For some reason my posts got deleted and messed up. Let me post the info I have.
Please take note that this is still a VERY early idea and might change quite a bit over the next few years.

-MK10 will be announced at next years (2012) E3. Probably released around Christmas that year.

-Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung are really dead. Really.

-Noob and Scorpion will team up and forgive each other after finding a common enemy in Quan-Chi.

-Liu Kang will become more of a grey character and less of a straight up good guy.

-Motaro will be back as a slave to Quan-Chi.

-Reptile will play a major part in the story.

-Rain and Tanya will be major villians.

-Edenia exists now. Kahn dying caused a lot of things to happen.

-We will be watching online until the end of the year to see who the 5 least played characters are. They will not appear in MK10.

-Armageddon, Shujinko, Dragon King, etc. will be addressed and dealt with, but do not worry, they won't be prominent. The story from here on out will focus on the invasions and tournaments.

Mark my words.

he later said about edenia : "Kahn had control over it in MK9 and corrupted it, which is a fact that we really just barely touched on. I suppose I worded it wrong (give me a break, I'm tired) but Edenia is now what you expect of it, and it is in a hell of a lot of turmoil with no real royal family left."

and about bosses DLC and reptile : "As far as I know, the bosses will be DLC, just not any time soon. Ed really wants to recreate that fear and respect players used to have for the boss characters. Give it a month or two. Enough time for everyone to beat the story and arcade modes and learn to fear the characters.

As for Reptile, it is like I said - We have plans for him. He really stops being a pawn and starts to form his own small group in an attempt to challenge people in the tournament. We have been joking that his little group will be the other pawn type characters from the game. Round them all up into one neat little group."

I got this from here http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...-plans-by-an-NRS-employee?p=283452#post283452

....... At this point it could all be rumors. Not that it matters to me anyways because in my opinion It's gonna be very hard to top MK9.
pimp.gif

[h2]possible MK10 story plans by an NRS employee [/h2]
ok this should be taken with a grain of salt, but a guy saying he has a minor role in netherealm says these are the plans for mk10:

For some reason my posts got deleted and messed up. Let me post the info I have.
Please take note that this is still a VERY early idea and might change quite a bit over the next few years.

-MK10 will be announced at next years (2012) E3. Probably released around Christmas that year.

-Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung are really dead. Really.

-Noob and Scorpion will team up and forgive each other after finding a common enemy in Quan-Chi.

-Liu Kang will become more of a grey character and less of a straight up good guy.

-Motaro will be back as a slave to Quan-Chi.

-Reptile will play a major part in the story.

-Rain and Tanya will be major villians.

-Edenia exists now. Kahn dying caused a lot of things to happen.

-We will be watching online until the end of the year to see who the 5 least played characters are. They will not appear in MK10.

-Armageddon, Shujinko, Dragon King, etc. will be addressed and dealt with, but do not worry, they won't be prominent. The story from here on out will focus on the invasions and tournaments.

Mark my words.

he later said about edenia : "Kahn had control over it in MK9 and corrupted it, which is a fact that we really just barely touched on. I suppose I worded it wrong (give me a break, I'm tired) but Edenia is now what you expect of it, and it is in a hell of a lot of turmoil with no real royal family left."

and about bosses DLC and reptile : "As far as I know, the bosses will be DLC, just not any time soon. Ed really wants to recreate that fear and respect players used to have for the boss characters. Give it a month or two. Enough time for everyone to beat the story and arcade modes and learn to fear the characters.

As for Reptile, it is like I said - We have plans for him. He really stops being a pawn and starts to form his own small group in an attempt to challenge people in the tournament. We have been joking that his little group will be the other pawn type characters from the game. Round them all up into one neat little group."

I got this from here http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...-plans-by-an-NRS-employee?p=283452#post283452

....... At this point it could all be rumors. Not that it matters to me anyways because in my opinion It's gonna be very hard to top MK9.
pimp.gif

^^nice vids peanut also diggin that avy...i been doing work with smoke highest i got with him was about 10 with 43% damage, reptile 13 combo 48% damage, and also my main noob got an 11-13 hit combo then forgot how to execute it again lol. trying to get into ermac next.

^^nice vids peanut also diggin that avy...i been doing work with smoke highest i got with him was about 10 with 43% damage, reptile 13 combo 48% damage, and also my main noob got an 11-13 hit combo then forgot how to execute it again lol. trying to get into ermac next.

Does anyone else's PS3 freeze up completely when they get to SHao Kahn in a ladder match? It's about the 8th time it's happened and it's pissing me off! I'm on an OG 60GB PS3 BTW...

And I now see that there are a few unstoppable characters in this game when playing on Expert:

-Kung Lao - Wiped the floor with me a few times. That stupid spin and teleport crap is what be doing me in.
-Ermac - Dude batters me around every time I play him. All those stupid mystical powers get on my nerves. Takes me 3 rounds to beat him most of the time.
-Reptile - His strategy is so unorthodox. It usually takes me 3 rounds to beat him.
-Kitana - This dumb broad keeps throwing a million fans at me and flying all over the place. I can NEVER keep up with her and it pisses me off...

Does anyone else's PS3 freeze up completely when they get to SHao Kahn in a ladder match? It's about the 8th time it's happened and it's pissing me off! I'm on an OG 60GB PS3 BTW...

And I now see that there are a few unstoppable characters in this game when playing on Expert:

-Kung Lao - Wiped the floor with me a few times. That stupid spin and teleport crap is what be doing me in.
-Ermac - Dude batters me around every time I play him. All those stupid mystical powers get on my nerves. Takes me 3 rounds to beat him most of the time.
-Reptile - His strategy is so unorthodox. It usually takes me 3 rounds to beat him.
-Kitana - This dumb broad keeps throwing a million fans at me and flying all over the place. I can NEVER keep up with her and it pisses me off...

AirForce1King wrote:

Yea they made the CPU very difficult this time but it reminds me alot of those mk2 days where I would get in a rage mode everytime I lost.
laugh.gif

AirForce1King wrote:

Yea they made the CPU very difficult this time but it reminds me alot of those mk2 days where I would get in a rage mode everytime I lost.
laugh.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Finally got in to a decent KOTH lobby and I was going for my 5th comeback win against a cheesy Scorpion when my box froze. This is the second time it's done this to me. This happening to anyone else?

When peanut posted those videos I was hoping to see a Noob video. Been playing online for a day and it seems like the same few characters that everyone's picking. I'd also like to get good with Kabal and Stryker just for kicks.

And what's the deal with everyone giving low respect points? I won 2 rounds, no spamming, no cheesy moves, and dudes gave me a 5? I even did Noobs fatality! What more do I have to do?!
ohwell.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Finally got in to a decent KOTH lobby and I was going for my 5th comeback win against a cheesy Scorpion when my box froze. This is the second time it's done this to me. This happening to anyone else?

When peanut posted those videos I was hoping to see a Noob video. Been playing online for a day and it seems like the same few characters that everyone's picking. I'd also like to get good with Kabal and Stryker just for kicks.

And what's the deal with everyone giving low respect points? I won 2 rounds, no spamming, no cheesy moves, and dudes gave me a 5? I even did Noobs fatality! What more do I have to do?!
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom