The Official Madden 11 Thread (PS3/360) RD: August 10, 2010 *Pics, Vids*

The kicking meter even lags when I'm in franchise mode
smh.gif
I press A the second time, yet the bar doesn't stop and still goes all the way to the left
indifferent.gif

The kicking meter even lags when I'm in franchise mode
smh.gif
I press A the second time, yet the bar doesn't stop and still goes all the way to the left
indifferent.gif

The score was 14-17 with under a minute left.. and dude had the lead.

4th and 5 on his 23 yard line with 55 seconds left.

I try to kick the field goal for the tie... but the damn lag @+*%@* me up...
mad.gif

First play he has the ball he tries to pass... I intercept it. Theres like 30 ticks left.

I move the ball to his 30 yard line. 4th down.... I try to kick the FG for the tie... and miss it AGAIN! due to lag....

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I try to kick the field goal for the tie... but the damn lag @+*%@* me up...
mad.gif

First play he has the ball he tries to pass... I intercept it. Theres like 30 ticks left.

I move the ball to his 30 yard line. 4th down.... I try to kick the FG for the tie... and miss it AGAIN! due to lag....

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I try to kick the field goal for the tie... but the damn lag !!%+#* me up...
mad.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I try to kick the field goal for the tie... but the damn lag !!%+#* me up...
mad.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by SdotRusherz

They REALLY need to start giving wins / losses on games where people quit.

They needed to do that about 4 years ago, kinda sad they still haven't done anything about it.

The best is when you're whooping somebody, they quit and YOU get the L.

Originally Posted by SdotRusherz

They REALLY need to start giving wins / losses on games where people quit.

They needed to do that about 4 years ago, kinda sad they still haven't done anything about it.

The best is when you're whooping somebody, they quit and YOU get the L.

Just to add to it...

4th quarter, tie game, I had the ball on his 30. Called a timeout to kick the field goal for the win. Lag on the kick meter,  it hits the crossbar and bounces out. Went to OT and lost.

smh.gif

Just to add to it...

4th quarter, tie game, I had the ball on his 30. Called a timeout to kick the field goal for the win. Lag on the kick meter,  it hits the crossbar and bounces out. Went to OT and lost.

smh.gif

First time in years that I won't be picking up Madden.  There's been too many bad reviews and it looks like they're changing things that didn't need to be touched.  I'll get my football fix from NCAA 11 this season.

First time in years that I won't be picking up Madden.  There's been too many bad reviews and it looks like they're changing things that didn't need to be touched.  I'll get my football fix from NCAA 11 this season.

Finally got my copy yesterday, and got a game in with the Vikings (CPU) against the Packers (me).

Here's some of my thoughts:

Commentary

Gus Johnson is a significant upgrade over Tom Hammond, but the commentary is a big dissapointment for me. Several times during my game there were several seconds of dead air where no one said anything, then Gus would randomly say something like "He caught the pass for a 10yd gain." The commentary is disjointed at best. Another thing about the commentary that irks me is Gus' constant use of "He" when referring to players instead of using their actually names.

Gameplay

Madden 11 is definitely geared toward the offensive side of the ball and the casual gamer, defense is basically non-existant.
smh.gif
 I won my game 58-28, Aaron Rodgers beasted with 400+ yds and 5 TDs. When playing D it's next to impossible to get a sack on the CPU, whenever you get close to the QB they go into Robo-QB mode and throw the ball away a split second before you tackle them.
indifferent.gif

As for the Strategy pad I'm more comfortable with it, but will be waiting for the patch with the old pre-snap controls. Horrible move by the Madden developers to make such a drastic change to gameplay without giving you the option to switch to the old way.

The locomotion and the right stick controls are nice (as they were in NCAA 11). Moving a player utilizing both sticks is very intuitive. The new kicking system was frustrating for me at first but after playing the demo a couple of times I've gotten used to it, even bombed a couple of 60 yarders with Mason Crosby.

Overall

Madden 11 took steps in the right direction (Gus Johnson) but steps back in others (one sided gameplay, strategy pad).

Right now NCAA > Madden 11 and it isn't close. Hopefully patches can change this.

Finally got my copy yesterday, and got a game in with the Vikings (CPU) against the Packers (me).

Here's some of my thoughts:

Commentary

Gus Johnson is a significant upgrade over Tom Hammond, but the commentary is a big dissapointment for me. Several times during my game there were several seconds of dead air where no one said anything, then Gus would randomly say something like "He caught the pass for a 10yd gain." The commentary is disjointed at best. Another thing about the commentary that irks me is Gus' constant use of "He" when referring to players instead of using their actually names.

Gameplay

Madden 11 is definitely geared toward the offensive side of the ball and the casual gamer, defense is basically non-existant.
smh.gif
 I won my game 58-28, Aaron Rodgers beasted with 400+ yds and 5 TDs. When playing D it's next to impossible to get a sack on the CPU, whenever you get close to the QB they go into Robo-QB mode and throw the ball away a split second before you tackle them.
indifferent.gif

As for the Strategy pad I'm more comfortable with it, but will be waiting for the patch with the old pre-snap controls. Horrible move by the Madden developers to make such a drastic change to gameplay without giving you the option to switch to the old way.

The locomotion and the right stick controls are nice (as they were in NCAA 11). Moving a player utilizing both sticks is very intuitive. The new kicking system was frustrating for me at first but after playing the demo a couple of times I've gotten used to it, even bombed a couple of 60 yarders with Mason Crosby.

Overall

Madden 11 took steps in the right direction (Gus Johnson) but steps back in others (one sided gameplay, strategy pad).

Right now NCAA > Madden 11 and it isn't close. Hopefully patches can change this.

I just demolished a 65 yarder with Hartley
laugh.gif

They really havent put out a patch yet.. Ive been playing my Franchise patiently waiting for the patch so I can get back online and maybe get a defensive stop every once in a while... But damn, they really must think they put out a great game
laugh.gif

Now i wasn't the biggest NFL 2K fan but it was definitely enjoyable (especially the year it was $20) and it atleast gave Madden some competition to put out a good game, which they always did. But now they bought the NFL license just so they can be lazy? Pretty damn lame to me. What they dont realize is that this game has been getting worse and worse, and when NFL 2K comes back to the picture a lot of people are going to jump the boat. Including myself.

I just demolished a 65 yarder with Hartley
laugh.gif

They really havent put out a patch yet.. Ive been playing my Franchise patiently waiting for the patch so I can get back online and maybe get a defensive stop every once in a while... But damn, they really must think they put out a great game
laugh.gif

Now i wasn't the biggest NFL 2K fan but it was definitely enjoyable (especially the year it was $20) and it atleast gave Madden some competition to put out a good game, which they always did. But now they bought the NFL license just so they can be lazy? Pretty damn lame to me. What they dont realize is that this game has been getting worse and worse, and when NFL 2K comes back to the picture a lot of people are going to jump the boat. Including myself.

Back
Top Bottom