The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

97mcg5.jpg

I'm not new to the Mac thing though...

Power Computing (Mac Clone-Not pictured) - Summer 1997
Powerbook G4 - 2002
MacBook 13" - 2005
Macbook Pro 15" - Today

33eotuf.jpg

Nice, Im contemplating picking up the new macbook, because its a little lighter and stuff. Right now I have a Macbook, and I maxed the ram and have a 320gb HDthat i installed myself..nothing is really wrong with my macbook, I just want the new one. The only problem with macs is apple makes them too good..Im waitingfor a major issue to happen so I can sell this one and cop a new one..or at least have a good excuse to get a new one..

if i buy a macbook would i still be able to use bit torrent and use other p2p clients?

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by ericberry14

very nice. i just wish apple would lower their prices a lil bit.
co-sign but nonetheless i think it's worth the price.
i actually would have to disagree with you even though i have a mac. i still think they are slightly overpriced. if they would lower their pricesby about 100-200 across the board, then a whole lot more people would buy them

ericberry14 wrote:

i actually would have to disagree with you even though i have a mac. i still think they are slightly overpriced. if they would lower their prices by about 100-200 across the board, then a whole lot more people would buy them

For what its worth. I never buy a Mac at the retail price. I would recommend using one of the various discounts they offer (education, government, ect).

I work for the Federal Government and purchased my Pro from the... Apple Gov.Employee Store. I got the $1999.99 Pro for $1829.00 for a savings of $170.

There is no verification of employment for the government store or verification of student enrollment for the education discount. It kinda works on the honorsystem.
wink.gif

What he said^.

Another thing is you could get a Apple gift card thats worth a $1000 for about $850 cash. I saw 2 of them on Craigslist. If you could find somebody in yourarea on ebay then that would be good to. Talk them down since they dont have to pay Ebay and Paypal fees.

I got a problem though. I loaded my Gmail to the mail application on my macbook all my sent mail is in my inbox while my sent mail folder is empty. Anyway Icould fix this ?

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

ericberry14 wrote:

i actually would have to disagree with you even though i have a mac. i still think they are slightly overpriced. if they would lower their prices by about 100-200 across the board, then a whole lot more people would buy them

For what its worth. I never buy a Mac at the retail price. I would recommend using one of the various discounts they offer (education, government, ect).

I work for the Federal Government and purchased my Pro from the... Apple Gov. Employee Store. I got the $1999.99 Pro for $1829.00 for a savings of $170.

There is no verification of employment for the government store or verification of student enrollment for the education discount. It kinda works on the honor system.
wink.gif

yea i always got the employee discount for all my apple products. but they do offer some pretty good discounts on their products

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

ericberry14 wrote:

I work for the Federal Government and purchased my Pro from the... Apple Gov. Employee Store. I got the $1999.99 Pro for $1829.00 for a savings of $170.

There is no verification of employment for the government store or verification of student enrollment for the education discount. It kinda works on the honor system.
wink.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yo bros i was looking at the imacs at besybuy. the $1200 vs $1500.. im not seeing much difference except for the 1 gb and 2 gb ram memory.. how much differencewill that be as far as overall performance? also if i wanted to jus buy the $1200 now and upgrade to a 2 gb or 4 gb ram memory later in the future how muchwould that usually cost?

i appreciate any help. 1st time mac purchase for me and i think its gonna be koo. holla

twentythree......that is so DAMN clean. how do i set up that wallpaper you have.
i apologize if that has recently been answered, i havent had a chance to read this thread yet.

may i be part of the mac thread :>

-ipod 160gb
-iphone 16gb 3G
-macbook pro 15" (the model previous to the recent update)
-macbook pro 17" (i share the use of this one)

Originally Posted by super roach

yo bros i was looking at the imacs at besybuy. the $1200 vs $1500.. im not seeing much difference except for the 1 gb and 2 gb ram memory.. how much difference will that be as far as overall performance? also if i wanted to jus buy the $1200 now and upgrade to a 2 gb or 4 gb ram memory later in the future how much would that usually cost?

i appreciate any help. 1st time mac purchase for me and i think its gonna be koo. holla

just get the cheaper one with less ram. it's always cheaper to upgrade the ram yourself plus installation is pretty easy.

boogie thx for the reply bro.

i found a site selling the imac 20" 2.4ghz, 1gb memory for $1065 + free shipping.

found another site selling 4gb ram for $50, not too sure if thats a good deal on ram but its a whole lot better than paying $200 more for only 2gb of ram.

does all this sound koo or is there some other better deals out right now?

i found a site selling the imac 20" 2.4ghz, 1gb memory for $1065 + free shipping.

found another site selling 4gb ram for $50, not too sure if thats a good deal on ram but its a whole lot better than paying $200 more for only 2gb of ram.

4gb of ram for $50 is not bad at all. Also the price of that imac is also pretty good.

if i got a macbook the the $1299.99 model with the 120 GB would i be able to just buy an external harddrive (i'm looking at the 320GB Passport) and justsave all my files pics,music, pr0n etc on the hard drive and view if from my macbook flawlessley or is that going to be a problem?

no prob roach. that seems like a pretty good deal and yeah, apple od's on what they charge for ram. you can also try using a student or government discountto compare prices and see how much that takes off as well as seeing how much refurbished imacs go for at the apple store. i'm not always up on my dealsbut imacs with the specs you listed, retail for $1200 so you can just go around and compare prices and see what suits you.

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

if i got a macbook the the $1299.99 model with the 120 GB would i be able to just buy an external harddrive (i'm looking at the 320GB Passport) and just save all my files pics,music, pr0n etc on the hard drive and view if from my macbook flawlessley or is that going to be a problem?
there shouldn't be any problem at all. i use an external drive for my movies for my mbp and everything works fine. i have the 320gb passportand joint is
pimp.gif

if i got a macbook the the $1299.99 model with the 120 GB would i be able to just buy an external harddrive (i'm looking at the 320GB Passport) and just save all my files pics,music, pr0n etc on the hard drive and view if from my macbook flawlessley or is that going to be a problem?
I dont think it will be a problem. If it's compatible then you should be good.

I use a WD external for my "movies"... works perfect.... I have it Mac formatted, you can choose to do it however you want.

For the guy asking about Ram..... check newegg.com they have decent prices and their shipping is great. I use them all the time.

Good job keeping this thread going guys. I think im going to start posting some mac news in here as well....

Lets see some more customizations
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom