The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by BEATSLIM

Cycle?

completely discharge it, then charge it back to 100%= cycle

thanks. btw, it's smart to cycle your battery (no matter what electronic) the first time you buy it.
Originally Posted by poblack

I decided to finally snap some pics of my new aluminum 13" macbook with external monitor. Noticed the illuminated external keyboard.
3202691316_cb8b49f6e1.jpg

3201844299_e126dc78df.jpg

3201844417_b3253383c8.jpg

nice set up, but why aren't you running dual screens? yeah the MB might be only 13" but you'll see how much of a difference the extra real estate makes. anyway, here's mine.

255nrr8.jpg

Unibody MBP on Griffin Elevator. LaCie 500GB HDD for time machine. 20" Apple Cinema Display. iPhone 3G. I had a tv mounted over the desk but the view angle was crap so I got rid of it. Looking to add an HP Firebird 803 for some gaming in the future and possibly a 20-24" Dell/Samsung Monitor.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yo I just copped a macbook. I dont know what the F im doing. Any tips on some things I should do first ?

update it. click on the apple > software update. and after that, you already have everything you need preinstalled. ichat, itunes, safari. with customizing,get candybar (will need reg code), change your BG if you want. there is really no science behind a mac.

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

Do you actually use all those programs nino?
Yeah, all the office programs for school, dashboard for screenshots, mail hasn't worked so I use thunderbird, i chat and itunes are alwaysused, photobooth so my gf has something to do, mac the ripper, burn, and popcorn for all my burning stuff, front row to watch movies on my tv, mac scan JUST incase, limewire for downloading legal things, and garage band if I happen to
pimp.gif
and wanna make some music
laugh.gif

It's easier to just have em all right there when I need them

How can you connect your mac to your TV? I'm about to buy a 20incher for my room but have no cable/dvd in there. Do I need some kind of cord/program forthat, elnino?

Im really impressed how fast my macbook is with just 2 gigs of ram. Apple's presentation is 2nd to none.

I got a good deal on this macbook im glad I copped. 2.4 GHZ,Inter cuo duo 2,250GB of memory, and 2 GB of ram for $700. It's the black one to, really didntwant to get the white one.

Im a probaly go ahead and cop a 24' inch iMac this week.

How can you connect your mac to your TV? I'm about to buy a 20incher for my room but have no cable/dvd in there. Do I need some kind of cord/program for that, elnino?

depends on what model you have because the inputs are different on different models. I have a black Macbook so mine has mini-DVI. I bought the mini-DVI to DVIcord from apple and then bought aDVI to HDMI cable to connect to that and then hook into my tv

How can you connect your mac to your TV? I'm about to buy a 20incher for my room but have no cable/dvd in there. Do I need some kind of cord/program for that, elnino?

to use as a secondary display/bigger screen? just get a vga cable. but you're going to need a vga > dvi or if you want to connect it to HDMI get an HDMI> DVI. or mini dvi, or if it's a unibody, mini displaylink to vga. and if you want to watch tv on it, buy Elgato EyeTV Hybrid.

to use as a secondary display/bigger screen? just get a vga cable. but you're going to need a vga > dvi or if you want to connect it to HDMI get an HDMI > DVI. or mini dvi, or if it's a unibody, mini displaylink to vga. and if you want to watch tv on it, buy Elgato EyeTV Hybrid.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

cop your cord from monoprice.com when you're ready

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

nike/stussy/adam bomb and other icons can be found over at deviantart.com

this cannot be stated enough. but it will still be asked a million times.

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

nike/stussy/adam bomb and other icons can be found over at deviantart.com

this cannot be stated enough. but it will still be asked a million times.
you aint lying....
laugh.gif

anybody use an appleTV? How is it? Im thinking about copping 1
pimp.gif

i know it's probably been asked 500 times in this thread but after I get CandyBar what are some good sites for icons?

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

i know it's probably been asked 500 times in this thread but after I get CandyBar what are some good sites for icons?

holy !+#! you have to be kidding me. Da Doc JUST posted a site.

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

holy !+#! you have to be kidding me. Da Doc JUST posted a site.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by mjbetch

quicksilver.

get it.

you wont need your dock. hahah
i tried it.... alotta people love it..... not me tho ... thanks for the suggestion tho
wink.gif

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/01/13/snow-leopard-to-bring-unifying-marble-user-interface/

Last year, Apple announced that they will be releasing the next major revision of Mac OS X (10.6 Snow Leopard) in 2009. The focus of Snow Leopard has been on performance and quality of the underlying codebase rather than introducing new end-user features.

Based on our sources, however, Apple will apparently use Snow Leopard's release to tweak the overall user interface for Mac OS X and unify it across applications. Exact details of the theme changes have not been made public, as the current developer seeds for Snow Leopard still retain Apple's existing Aqua theme. The new theme will likely involve tweaks to the existing design and perhaps a "flattening" of Aqua in-line with Apple's iTunes and iPhoto interface elements.

The codename for the new interface is said to be "Marble" -- though that seems likely to be an internal codename only. John Gruber had also hinted at such changes in a pre-Macworld prediction piece and had independently heard the codename "Marble".

Apple's Snow Leopard is rumored to be released as early as the first quarter of 2009.

Article Link: Snow Leopard to Bring Unifying 'Marble' User Interface?
http://www.macrumors.com/2009/01/13/snow-leopard-to-bring-unifying-marble-user-interface/

Back
Top Bottom