THE OFFICIAL LEBRON VIII THREAD Updated V3 release 4/16/2011

not impressed by the new pics..

I know im going to ball in that Blk red colorway..

but overall not feeling these. at this point i think colorways will save this..

I can't believe im saying this all white 8's > blk and red colorway

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

YUP YUP HERES MORE.

2ewoeg2.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Still not willing to make a judgment since iv seen 1 real life colorway.  But still liking 7s more for now

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by PeeJayZ

Wonder will the Lebron VII be his best sneaker ever

Lebron II's
there is more to come. 2's were cool, but didn't have enough colorways released to the public..

VII's were good.. if they would have release them unreleased colorways they would have been untouchable

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

The way I see it:
-Are they running out of new ideas by using old ideas? Or are the old ideas so great that they wanted to use them again?
The last time I was at Beaverton I asked why they stopped using the sphere lining on the Lebron sig and I couldn't get a definite answer even though it was agreed that it was an excellent tech and application of tech.  Still remember the first time I tried on AZGs...
glasses.gif
  That is an old idea I would love to see return.

The same reason they're cutting back on zoom, so they can save a few cents per shoe.
?????? Zoom air is not expensve to make or put inside a shoe, where did you hear that? The reason they stopped using zoom in LeBrons shoes, was that he was experiencing back spasms during the season while wearing zoom air, and this is why they changed to max air for him. 

At anyway, these shoes are simply below average, just looking like any other nike basketball shoe. The swoosh is too big and misplaced, then disrupts the flow of the shoe.

I dont like the red tongue and the speckles on the midsole. They dont belong there. I dont mind the suede, with the mix of leather, it looks classy. I dont have any other black/red lebrons since the IIs so i'll have to see them in person to determine if i want to cop or not.

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

The way I see it:
-Are they running out of new ideas by using old ideas? Or are the old ideas so great that they wanted to use them again?
The last time I was at Beaverton I asked why they stopped using the sphere lining on the Lebron sig and I couldn't get a definite answer even though it was agreed that it was an excellent tech and application of tech.  Still remember the first time I tried on AZGs...
glasses.gif

The same reason they're cutting back on zoom, so they can save a few cents per shoe.
The reason they stopped using zoom in LeBrons shoes, was that he was experiencing back spasms during the season while wearing zoom air, and this is why they changed to max air for him.  

yet the lebron VII PS has zoom air.... nice try though...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

The way I see it:
glasses.gif

The reason they stopped using zoom in LeBrons shoes, was that he was experiencing back spasms during the season while wearing zoom air, and this is why they changed to max air for him.  

yet the lebron VII PS has zoom air.... nice try though...

http://nikelebron.net/tag/nba/page/19/

We’ll let Rich Lopez explain
For the past six seasons, LeBron has played exclusively in sneakers that feature Nike’s Zoom Air technology. It was said that he wouldn’t play in anything else, until now. Nike Zoom Air is a low profile/highly compressed Air Unit that was developed for quicker and lighter players. Nike Max Air is a large volume Air Unit designed to be responsive and absorb greater force. Though LeBron plays a quick game, at 6-8, 250 lbs., Nike and LeBron have finally decided to go Max Air.

what the @*$#???? you do realize the nike lebron vii and lebron vii ps(post season) are different shoes right? the ps has zoom air in the heel and forefoot and no air max. so what your saying is lebron doesnt want back spasms in the regular season BUT he wants um near the end of the season and playoffs????
laugh.gif
right

Zoom air is not expensve to make or put inside a shoe, where did you hear that? The reason they stopped using zoom in LeBrons shoes, was that he was experiencing back spasms during the season while wearing zoom air, and this is why they changed to max air for him.;

Which is why i said "a few cents per shoe".

Think about how many models of shoes released in the Lebron line in the last year, and how many of them he actually played in.

All it's about it strip mining our wallets.

Nike have been making Air Max units for over 20 units. They've been making the full length Air Max unit for some 14 years, they can't cost them too much to make by now either, and it's generally agreed that Flywire is very cost effective too.

Yet the Air Max Lebron comes with a price tag of $160.

Why just sell us the Zoom shoe when they can stiff us for the price of a Zoom shoe AND charge an extra $20.00 just because a shoe has fl air max?

Take the Zoom BB: Full length air, simple uncluttered shoe, generally held as a performance bargain at circa $110.

Nike killed it dead. Now for $110 you're lucky to get heel zoom and a small zoom bag in the forefoot. Plenty of shoes in that price range just have phylon in the forefoot.

Nike are absolutely hell bent on charging as much as possible, for as little as possible, and that suits Lebron and his people just fine because he's just as greedy as they are.

On top of which i severely doubt any shoe that Lebron wears is really that similar to what's put on the shelves anyway.

Zoom air is not expensve to make or put inside a shoe, where did you hear that? The reason they stopped using zoom in LeBrons shoes, was that he was experiencing back spasms during the season while wearing zoom air, and this is why they changed to max air for him.;

Which is why i said "a few cents per shoe".

Think about how many models of shoes released in the Lebron line in the last year, and how many of them he actually played in.

All it's about it strip mining our wallets.

Nike have been making Air Max units for over 20 units. They've been making the full length Air Max unit for some 14 years, they can't cost them too much to make by now either, and it's generally agreed that Flywire is very cost effective too.

Yet the Air Max Lebron comes with a price tag of $160.

Why just sell us the Zoom shoe when they can stiff us for the price of a Zoom shoe AND charge an extra $20.00 just because a shoe has fl air max?

Take the Zoom BB: Full length air, simple uncluttered shoe, generally held as a performance bargain at circa $110.

Nike killed it dead. Now for $110 you're lucky to get heel zoom and a small zoom bag in the forefoot. Plenty of shoes in that price range just have phylon in the forefoot.

Nike are absolutely hell bent on charging as much as possible, for as little as possible, and that suits Lebron and his people just fine because he's just as greedy as they are.

On top of which i severely doubt any shoe that Lebron wears is really that similar to what's put on the shelves anyway.

Nike has put out basketball shoes featuring "zoom air" that were priced below 90 dollars, and this was just two years ago. I cannot remember the name, but they were all over eastbay.

However, I agree with your last point, especially when it comes to the playoff shoe that *supposedly* features the cushioning setup that was hurting him and his game.

Meh

After the VII's I've decided to stay off the VIII's. Just going to get one pair maybe for the collection, even though I'm not even sure about that. This really looks like a big man wannabe sig shoe.

The FL Air Max is junk, takes too long to break in and by the time it was I had shin splints. I got the PS and put in some zoom sockliners and it was over! I'm 6'1 210 and I can't believe that Air Max is that much better for a big man. Especially one that moves like him.

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

Meh

After the VII's I've decided to stay off the VIII's. Just going to get one pair maybe for the collection, even though I'm not even sure about that. This really looks like a big man wannabe sig shoe.

The FL Air Max is junk, takes too long to break in and by the time it was I had shin splints. I got the PS and put in some zoom sockliners and it was over! I'm 6'1 210 and I can't believe that Air Max is that much better for a big man. Especially one that moves like him.

[h3]What causes shin splints?[/h3]
A primary culprit causing shin splints is a sudden increase in distance or intensity of a workout schedule. This increase in muscle work can be associated with inflammation of the lower leg muscles, those muscles used in lifting the foot (the motion during which the foot pivots toward the tibia). Such a situation can be aggravated by a tendency to pronate the foot (roll it excessively inward onto the arch).

Similarly, a tight Achilles tendon or weak ankle muscles are also often implicated in the development of shin splints.
__

Along with Lebron and a few others, I've personally experienced nothing but pain while playing in shoes that feature zoom air. I am presently six four, 250, then do regular workouts with NFL players that prepare for the NFL combines while they are in NYC. Zoom air does nothing to support me during explosive movements, so I can understand if Lebron, even AK47, who wore Nike Shox shoes that featured zoom air in the forefoot,.may have been having issues because of this. I wish I could play in that sort of shoe, as the better looking of Nike shoes, feature zoom air IMO. I like MAX Air, but with Nike I could not see myself buying a pair of shoes for a buck sixty, that feature plastic panels and fishing wire as a major component of the shoe.  Hopefully, Nike will make a higher quality shoe for 160, so I wont feel so bad about spending that sort of loot.

Unfortunately, this new LeBron shoe, does not look to be it.

Maybe a different CW can save this for me, but my opinion Lebron 8= garbage right now, maybe when they hit the outlets I will feel different.

Back
Top Bottom