THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
KD vi official unveil late June/ official release late June early July

Lebron 11 official reveal September and official release mid October

Kobe 9 unveil early December and release February?

Don't make sense or sound right.

Whoever thinks lows offer support because they are low to the ground or have lock down is foolish. Ankle support is literally from restricting ankle movement. That's why players tape (virtually every player) or wear braces (DRose, Wade, Curry, and others that simply wear braces under their socks). Even a brace won't prevent an injury but it will limit the severity of an ankle injury compared to a player in lows or highs without support.

I personally play in lows and highs but I wear braces due to weak ankles from years of sprains. For me I can go weeks balling without being in a situation where I'd turn my ankle but eventually I land on someone's foot and I'm sore for a few days rather than on crutches like in the past thanks to ankle braces.

I'd love to be proven wrong but sadly every study I have read has never fully analyzed the circumstances of ankle injuries in the sport taking into account severity of the sprain.

On topic with Kobe's - the 8's are extremely comfortable. As long as the 9s are comfortable I will definitely try a pair for ball.

Some of us are "feeling them" because we don't care what they look like with jeans... We actually play ball In them and don't just buy them to look "pretty"

Thats cool and all, but other than pro players, the majority buy them solely based off looks for casual wear. That is why the majority are more concerned over the fashion factor rather than performance.

8s in Jan?

Jeez, put a fork in em already...

They had an amazing run, but cmon..

You are more than welcome not to purchase any more. They still have so many color combos and things they can do with the 8s, I welcome 20 more if they want to release them. No ones forcing you to buy.

95% of the people on Niketalk dont even play ball and if they do, they dont play competitive. they dont understand.

hi, low, mid, or w/e the hell else is out there. you will hurt your ankle PERIOD. the height of the shoe means nothing and neither does the material itself. Been saying this for years on this site and people try to discredit it :lol:

95% of the world doesnt play ball competitively, hell, more like 99%. So, it stands to reason anywhere you go, you will run into way more folks who are solely interested in shoes just for their look. So, you are right, most of us dont know nor do we care about spraining our ankles playing a sport competitively that we don't play. Give me a sweet looking shoe, could care less if they support my ankles when jumping.

As per the topic of doing a change up on opinion of the 9s and liking the lows, you all are probably right. But man, I was using my dislike for the high and the mid to save my poor bank account from a Kobe 9 obsession. It already is quite upset at the damage the 8 has done. It would really enjoy a few months at least to breath before getting hit with a barrage of must haves.

But noooooooo, you all have to take away the bliss of ignorance and remind me I will convince myself I NEED some Kobe 9 lows, evil shoe addict enabling terrible people.

95% of the people on Niketalk dont even play ball and if they do, they dont play competitive. they dont understand.

hi, low, mid, or w/e the hell else is out there. you will hurt your ankle PERIOD. the height of the shoe means nothing and neither does the material itself. Been saying this for years on this site and people try to discredit it :lol:

I don't play competitively by I play regularly. I've never really rolled my ankle badly, when I did it was in the 2k4 retros. I got lucky because it healed quickly or maybe my ankles are a bit resilient. Bottomline is, we all know the ankle height on the 9 has nothing to do with ankle support right? it's a sock like structure. It's basically to be different from the recent Kobes.

KD vi official unveil late June/ official release late June early July

Lebron 11 official reveal September and official release mid October

Kobe 9 unveil early December and release February?

Don't make sense or sound right.

Except for Kobe they appear to be doing one retro a week till release

They won't be holding an unveiling of the IX and go quiet, they'll be building anticipation with a retro every week til Feb

Or at least they hope, I'm sure.

Except for Kobe they appear to be doing one retro a week till release

They won't be holding an unveiling of the IX and go quiet, they'll be building anticipation with a retro every week til Feb

Or at least they hope, I'm sure.

senorroboto2k5 senorroboto2k5 seems about right as I heard that's what they will do. Makes sense for them to do that before the 1 is suppose to release on the 6th. Either way still a long way before February

You are more than welcome not to purchase any more. They still have so many color combos and things they can do with the 8s, I welcome 20 more if they want to release them. No ones forcing you to buy.

Same can be said to u, u are more than welcome to keep buying(wasting your money, but hey, kudos) the same shoe 20 more times, your perogotive. No ones forcing u to keep your money in your wallet. See how that works?

They can toss out 80 more color combos, so what? Other than that what else can they do with the 8? They cant make the shoes fly, the cant make them self lace, they cant make them transform into a mid on the spot, or grow hands/fingers and type for u or eat popcorn with u, etc etc etc, so your point is invalid.

Like I said before, they had a good run, BUT cmon, put a fork in em already. The 9 is here, deal with it.

I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if theirs no christmas 9.  I will still pry get whatever christmas pair they sell but I always look forward to the christmas pair being my first shoe of each Kobe to release.  It is what it is I guess.

I'm gonna be a bit disappointed if theirs no christmas 9.  I will still pry get whatever christmas pair they sell but I always look forward to the christmas pair being my first shoe of each Kobe to release.  It is what it is I guess.
the way they are trying to market the sigs, the christmas 9 will be next christmas.

9s are not releasing in December...at least not in mass quantities, maybe very few #'s just at that LA event if at all. Even so, the event is also to help kick off the series of QS Kobe retros coming out before the 9s finally drop. They're just building hype until February. Why else would they even bother with QS Kobe releases starting in December if the 9s were dropping so soon? Those Kobe retros have a "Prelude" tag attached for a reason.

Last edited:
The only time I rolled my ankle was when I got the Vs for the first time. It happened at the gym twice and than two days later I was shooting the ball outside my yard and my ankle landed between the edge of the grass and the cement in my yard and it was swollen after lol but I prefer lows but if its good too play ill take it

Hoping for Xmas 9s

boardwalk-2.gif

Haven't heard anything about this shoe, Nike Basketball internally is very divided. You can know what Petrie is doing for LeBron but have no idea where the brand is going for KD and Kobe.

One thing I've heard float around is that this may be the last model in Kobe's line with a very slight possibility of a 10th to even it out.

The brand has already set in motion how they want to replace him. Don't be surprised if we see more than two new basketball sigs added into the mix until one eventually catches on - Much like the Stat & KD push.

Last edited:
I might want to go back and grab all of the Kobes I like before this line possibly comes to a close and resellers start pushing the prices up higher then :smh:

Last edited:
My personal opinion and experience on the high vs low topic

My worst ankle injury was in a low. Couldn't walk barely for a couple of weeks. Missed my summer league playoffs in my best statistical season as a high school athlete.

That being said, I don't think having a high top on would have prevented the injury.

I've had many ankle injuries since but all relatively minor.

I ultimately feel that high tops will help prevent a tweak from turning into a full on roll. And I think wearing highs mostly have helped me. But if you land on someone's foot. There isn't much that can done about it regardless if high or low.

I still where lows and love the kobe 8. Length of play time plays a role in which shoe I choose also. If I'm playing a formal game I tend to go with my lows. If I'm playing pickup for 2-3 hrs. I'll go with high. At my age now, I think fatigue plays a role in injuries. Not as strong or in shape as I used to be.

Depending on how long Kobe plays for, you won't see new styles after he's retired. All retros. Nike isn't going the Jordan route.

Well Kobe will play for at least one more season. His name and brand is so big internationally too at this point in his career, they won't just say well ok this is it. There's still plenty of Kobe to be thrown around for a few years.

No way they stop at the 9

Even if they do stop at like Kobe X or XI then the retros will soon follow. The Kobe 2 has reared its face btw, via othersite..

Back
Top Bottom