THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Eek, resellers already salivating

iX6Z27M.gif

I'm not sure if you care about resellers or not but it's just part of the process now. There's just some shoes your gonna miss and if you want them you gotta pay the price. I've accepted this and can/will buy at said price if I want it. Sucks we can't all cop for retail. It is what it is.

Last edited:
can someone tell my why nike wouldn't continue past the 9?

what's the actual reasoning? and don't give me "kobe is retiring/old"

cause he's old right now, and a lot of the colourways of the 8's sold out.

Last edited:
Yep, certain Kobes I tried to cop at their actual release but unfortunately came up short. Had no choice but to shell out the extra dough.

I'm not sure if you care about resellers or not but it's just part of the process now. There's just some shoes your gonna miss and if you want them you gotta pay the price. I've accepted this and can, will buy at said price if I want it. Sucks we can't all cop for retail. It is what it is.
if you don't buy it as the customer for the high reseller price, they won't sell it at that price, or resell it at all.

YOU as the people who pay the high prices, feed the resellers. People need to learn to just move to the next if you miss and not give people underserved cash.

Last edited:
I agree with everything except the "learn to move on" part. I'm not gonna pass on something I want and can afford for resell or other wise in a attempt to cure the world of resellers. It's not that big a deal for me personally.

Last edited:
The details about Nike's strategy for the IX makes me worried though... all the high models are going to be "limited" right off the bat, and we know what the term "HTM" automatically means.

Unfortunately I'm bracing for the worst already.

Not sure if I would pay resellers but I have a feeling it might be the only option

The details about Nike's strategy for the IX makes me worried though... all the high models are going to be "limited" right off the bat, and we know what the term "HTM" automatically means.

Not sure if I would pay resellers but I have a feeling it might be the only option
That's exactly why I ask the question in the first place. I want the HTM if indeed the shoe in the pic is them. Not sure if that's been confirmed or not.

another meaning that no footlocker or probably niketown will release those. only some nike concept store (21 Mercer NY, 1948 London, X-158 Shanghai, Vault LA) and some sneaker boutique (that holding NSW QS account) will release HTM theme shoes just like previous released

another meaning that no footlocker or probably niketown will release those. only some nike concept store (21 Mercer NY, 1948 London, X-158 Shanghai, Vault LA) and some sneaker boutique (that holding NSW QS account) will release HTM theme shoes just like previous released
That just about confirms that I'm facing resell for the 9 HTM. I've never gone after a HTM release before so any info on availability and locations is welcome.

Last edited:
After thinking about it, with the Kobe retro supposedly dropping in December, I can see Nike using those as a buffer between showing the 9 next month and releasing them in February. Hope the 9 event also gives us insight on the retro too.

So they can focus on Paul George? 

where did you hear they weren't continuing?

Last year Nike hosted the unveiling of the XX8 on December 3rd, months before their All Star weekend release. The goals seemed to be to get people talking/buzzing about the new shoe, give them time to warm up to its unusual and polarizing design, and to try to rationalize it with tech specs and input from the design team. This seems like the same thing all over again. I'm guessing that like the XX8 the performance is going to be out of this world good because of the out of this world (good? bad? you decide) design.

Back
Top Bottom