THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
The only reason these are so limited, is because if they were GR or even Limited GR, they would sit.

Don't buy the Nike hype machine.

Quench your thirst elsewhere.

i guess i don't appreciate my MP's as much as most of you guys do. Having since switching to playing in low cuts with the Kobe 4's (i bought ankle insurance), i really like and prefer to play low tops. They are quick and agile for me. I tried doing some cuts with the MP's on and the upper sleeve feels a little restrictive to me. I'm sure once it's broken in, it'll have a more natural flex/ I normally wear low cut socks because i wear a calf sleeve to prevent cramping, but with these IX's, i have to wear high top socks and they are just too restrictive and uncomfortable to me. Still, the MP's are very nice in person. The mismatching flyknit are a nice touch. Even my girl said the MP's are the nicest of the IX's so far when she saw all of them at NTNY

and I'm positive the MP's will restock. These are basically a GR. The initial release was limited thats why some people had trouble getting it, but a lot of us on here were able to score a pair on NDC even through that crash mess. And if not, most of us were able to score on either a raffle or a RSVP. Just wait it out, Nike won't be restocking the MP's while they have the All Star Weekend Gumbo League pack to get you hype for. Even after the rsvp, NTNY still had plenty of MP on sunday/monday. 

Havent played in them yet, I dont like to switch shoes often when I play. Ive had my '12 Hyperdunks for years and I feel like ive bonded with them lol, like it isnt a shoe.

These might just replace them very soon.
damn I'm lucky if I can have a pair of dedicated basketball shoes last me 3-4 months before the lunarlon decides to bottom out...

damn, I'm conflicted between the lebron ASG and the kobe maestros. The kobes been growing on me more and more everyday. Im excited for the 9's and what they have in store. 

THE AMOUNT OF ORDERS I HAVE FOR THE KOBE ASG'S COMPLETELY DWARFS THE OTHER SIG SHOES BY LIKE 5 TO 1. HYPE IS REAL ON THEM.

I won't have a chance to get them on the court until this weekend, but like I stated earlier the traction was slipping just going through the motions on concrete in my house at a very minimal speed. The thickness of the rubber between the ground and the insert is another huge let down . I understand court feel, but what could it possibly hurt to use one or two layers of reinforcement like the 8 especially when it is even thinner than the former. It's not a question of will this year but how long until it does, I see major issues coming with this , especially if used outdoors at all casual or performance wise. One sharp rock and it's game over. As far as the prroprioceptive ( sp?) sleeve, once again just walking around it's uncomfortably restrictive and cuts into the back of my leg with any type of extension. The fit.... Is big, which again i don't understand if it molded of Kobe's foot why this would be changed up but then again I don't make shoes for a living, perhaps to allow room for taped ankles or double docks....also, the lunar feels much more dense than the 8, this could be a good thing actually

The few things I do like is it looks like it was not slopped together by the factory , CF is premium, the heel lockdown is right on point , between the proprioceptuve (forget trying to spell this in mobile) wrap and the carbon fiber pinching in your heel isn't going any where. Aesthetically I'm all for them, BUT form following function. If they aren't great then all the hoopla is for nothing . Personally I'll take the 8 or xx8 over these any day. AND.... They are a nightmare to get on and fully laced. To many problems right out of the box for the $$$
yup definitely a nightmare to get on and off. I was thinking that last night when I was messing around with them. If you think they're hard to get on and off, try getting them off after 2 hrs of 5 on 5 games. Literally impossible.

Masterpiece have arrived. Really happy with the look and feel. Specially the feel. Glad I went up half a size, they fit my feet perfectly. (So don't take my word for it, different feet, different sizes.)

I feel like the 9s give you a more contained feel for your entire foot than the 8s did for me. Not because they are high tops, I just feel like my entire foot feels locked and protected without any sort of "snug" feel. Hard to explain. You have to try it yourself. The only space I have is a small bit of extra length on the toes which I actually like.

Some people were saying the Lunarlon felt a bit stiffer than the Kobe 8's... I don't know. Maybe me being on the heavy side I don't notice that too much. Think they feel about the same to me.

A+ for me on these.

Last edited:
I haven't experienced the traction issues that tatmantall has, even though I generally prefer herringbone just because that's what's worked best in my experience. The traction has worked fairly well for me, playing on indoor hardwood courts, and I haven't experienced major slippage so far. I've only had time to play in a few pick up games and shot around with them though, so I'd need some more on court time to really have a more definitive opinion.

The biggest thing for me to get used to is just the extra high cut of the shoe and how they feel vs lowtops/midtops. The IXs feel more like a wrap around your foot/ankle/shin, which is just a new kind of feel for me. Rather than getting your lockdown from the shoe being fitted snugly around your heel like on the lows, the IXs feel more like a second skin/wrap from your shin down. The upper part of the shoe is very flexible so I didn't feel restricted in my range of motion when tying them up all the way, but it is a different kind of sensation that will take getting used to. Overall lockdown is still very good, and I also liked that the lunarlon is denser/stiffer than the 8s.

The IXs fit TTS for me, but everyone's going to have their own preferences/opinions. I mentioned this before, but I think part of why some people may feel the IXs fit a bit big compared to the 8s could be because the 8s had that hard hyperfuse toe as opposed to flyknit, which is more forgiving. I'd tell people to go try them on for themselves first, but Nike making the MPs limited doesn't exactly allow for that option...

I think I'll have more thoughts on the shoes performance wise after having more court time, but I've had a different but good playing experience with them so far. I haven't owned any XX8s yet so I can't really do a comparison to them, but I've heard some pretty awesome things about them and do plan on picking up a pair eventually.

and I'm positive the MP's will restock. These are basically a GR. The initial release was limited thats why some people had trouble getting it, but a lot of us on here were able to score a pair on NDC even through that crash mess. And if not, most of us were able to score on either a raffle or a RSVP. Just wait it out, Nike won't be restocking the MP's while they have the All Star Weekend Gumbo League pack to get you hype for. Even after the rsvp, NTNY still had plenty of MP on sunday/monday. 
I don't think a restock is totally out of the question, but NTNY getting allocated plenty of pairs doesn't make these a GR. It was still just NTs, select HOHs, and very few boutiques getting them. They were clearly not as limited as the Preludes or something like that, but I think it's a stretch to say they're basically a GR when it's only very select stores getting plenty of stock. A good number of people were still SOL on these.

Fellow big footers, can anyone who has either a 13 or 14 give me a comparison on how they fit compared to the Kobe 8 13s and 14s. I have 6 size 13 8s and 7 size 14 8s and the 13s are tolerable, but I have a wide foot so the 14s are a lot more comfortable in the toebox area. Are the 9s toebox wide like the 8s or just longer as some have said on the lower sizes? I need to know because I won't be able to try the ASG on in the store on Friday (GF is going to pick them up) so I just wanted to see which size I should get.

What's up with the no raffles for the asg pack? That's been FTL's go to thing lately. They want camping again? Malls hate that ****.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom