THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
damn, I'm conflicted between the lebron ASG and the kobe maestros. The kobes been growing on me more and more everyday. Im excited for the 9's and what they have in store. 

hahaha....We must have gotten ours at the same time. Every email I get that wasn't from Nike was straight cussed out!!!
I know
laugh.gif
...Nike toying with our emotions for 3 days!  Congrats!

I won't have a chance to get them on the court until this weekend, but like I stated earlier the traction was slipping just going through the motions on concrete in my house at a very minimal speed. The thickness of the rubber between the ground and the insert is another huge let down . I understand court feel, but what could it possibly hurt to use one or two layers of reinforcement like the 8 especially when it is even thinner than the former. It's not a question of will this year but how long until it does, I see major issues coming with this , especially if used outdoors at all casual or performance wise. One sharp rock and it's game over. As far as the prroprioceptive ( sp?) sleeve, once again just walking around it's uncomfortably restrictive and cuts into the back of my leg with any type of extension. The fit.... Is big, which again i don't understand if it molded of Kobe's foot why this would be changed up but then again I don't make shoes for a living, perhaps to allow room for taped ankles or double docks....also, the lunar feels much more dense than the 8, this could be a good thing actually

The few things I do like is it looks like it was not slopped together by the factory , CF is premium, the heel lockdown is right on point , between the proprioceptuve (forget trying to spell this in mobile) wrap and the carbon fiber pinching in your heel isn't going any where. Aesthetically I'm all for them, BUT form following function. If they aren't great then all the hoopla is for nothing . Personally I'll take the 8 or xx8 over these any day. AND.... They are a nightmare to get on and fully laced. To many problems right out of the box for the $$$

Last edited:
I won't have a chance to get them on the court until this weekend, but like I stated earlier the traction was slipping just going through the motions on concrete in my house at a very minimal speed. The thickness of the rubber between the ground and the insert is another huge let down . I understand court feel, but what could it possibly hurt to use one or two layers of reinforcement like the 8 especially when it is even thinner than the former. As far as the prroprioceptive ( sp?) sleeve, once again just walking around it's uncomfortably restrictive and cuts into the back of my leg with any type of extension. The fit.... Is big, which again i don't understand if it molded of Kobe's foot why this would be changed up but then again I don't make shoes for a living, perhaps to allow room for taped ankles or double docks....also, the lunar feels much more dense than the 8, this could be a good thing actually

The few things I do like is it looks like it was not slopped together by the factory , CF is premium, the heel lockdown is right on point , between the proprioceptuve (forget trying to spell this in mobile) wrap and the carbon fiber pinching in your heel isn't going any where. Aesthetically I'm all for them, BUT form following function. If they aren't great then all the hoopla is for nothing . Personally I'll take the 8 or xx8 over these any day. AND.... They are a nightmare to get on and fully laced. To many problems right out of the box for the $$$

thanks for the honest review. im still 40/60 for getting a colorway of this shoe. stuff like this helps out.

thanks for the honest review. im still 40/60 for getting a colorway of this shoe. stuff like this helps out.
No worries J. First regretted purchase I've had in awhile, and really had bought into the hyped performance, Avar had me sold and thought it looked like a solid performer. I was able to secure a few MPs and an ASG for a decent price but will likely be putting them up just to get back the invested $ in them. I try to keep my collection practical, I like them to look good, but if they don't perform to the road they go. Like I said I will still put them to the court for a few runs before the final decision but initial impression has never been so poor for me. I really wanted these to work... :/

Last edited:
I won't have a chance to get them on the court until this weekend, but like I stated earlier the traction was slipping just going through the motions on concrete in my house at a very minimal speed. The thickness of the rubber between the ground and the insert is another huge let down . I understand court feel, but what could it possibly hurt to use one or two layers of reinforcement like the 8 especially when it is even thinner than the former. It's not a question of will this year but how long until it does, I see major issues coming with this , especially if used outdoors at all casual or performance wise. One sharp rock and it's game over. As far as the prroprioceptive ( sp?) sleeve, once again just walking around it's uncomfortably restrictive and cuts into the back of my leg with any type of extension. The fit.... Is big, which again i don't understand if it molded of Kobe's foot why this would be changed up but then again I don't make shoes for a living, perhaps to allow room for taped ankles or double docks....also, the lunar feels much more dense than the 8, this could be a good thing actually

Good review man! Sometimes being critical on these hyped shoes is tough. I remember when you would buy a pair, after trying them on at your local Athletes Foot, play ball in them, and then return them for something else if you were not 100%sold on them.

You know you're getting old when you mention "the good old days".

I love that nike return policy... 30 days no questions asked :pimp:
thats a good point that could be used concernng the issue with the rubber under the toebox. IF the traction turns out to be any good, post break in, I can see this area easily tearing with a hard pivot. I just don't know why they are getting so careless with materials. I think there comes a point when its just plain wreckless. I love the xx8 but the zoom bags popping without any move to fix it is another example.

Good review man! Sometimes being critical on these hyped shoes is tough. I remember when you would buy a pair, after trying them on at your local Athletes Foot, play ball in them, and then return them for something else if you were not 100%sold on them.

You know you're getting old when you mention "the good old days".
I have no problem being tough, but I know some people can easily get distracted by the newness of something. I get that way when i see things, like the kobe 9 and hear Avar talking. Sometimes its hard to remember that on top of being a shoe designer the guy is just as much a salesman. But once their in hand its pretty easy to start dissecting and assessing. Anyways, Im out for now catch back up to you all later this evening. Anxious to hear some other performance geek's intial thoughts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom