THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Who is buying shoes strictly off the name or story? It's funny how people complain about Nikes marketing, quality, hype, resellers on and on, yet still buy Nike products and are consistent on a forum called Niketalk. OGs say they hate what the "shoe game" has become but stands side by side in line with the same folk they claim is killing their hobby. If your not willing to stop buying Nike products altogether then your worse than a hype beast because you know better, see the problems and still choose to give Nike your money. Nothing is worse than a person who complains about something they CHOOSE to take part in and adds to said problems by dropping hundreds on Nike yearly anyway.

Who is buying shoes strictly off the name or story? It's funny how people complain about Nikes marketing, quality, hype, resellers on and on, yet still buy Nike products and are consistent on a forum called Niketalk. OGs say they hate what the "shoe game" has become but stands side by side in line with the same folk they claim is killing their hobby. If your not willing to stop buying Nike products altogether then your worse than a hype beast because you know better, see the problems and still choose to give Nike your money. Nothing is worse than a person who complains about something they CHOOSE to take part in and adds to said problems by dropping hundreds on Nike yearly anyway.
personally, i think them nike cats are geniuses since their hype building strategies work.....i simply buy what i like....but dont front like some heads aint coppin just for names sake, or instagram or dare i say niketalk props.

Am I off base here, but does it appear that this model will not be easy to get? There seems to be a lot build up for the Kobe IX with a lean toward making this an exclusive release.

Maybe I 'm wrong...?

I know people buy shoes off story and name but who are those that do...the ones who have bought into the hype for props. My point was Nike doesn't have 2 piles of money one for the beast and one for the collectors. If you buy a shoe with a story or name your money is counted along with the beast. There's not a person here who will stop buying Nikes today. If you really had a issue or wanted change you would.

Am I off base here, but does it appear that this model will not be easy to get? There seems to be a lot build up for the Kobe IX with a lean toward making this an exclusive release.

Maybe I 'm wrong...?

The 9 is supposed to be limited to begin with. Just do whatever you do for limited releases and you should be able to get a pair. Their not prelude numbers. Except the NRG.

I know people buy shoes off story and name but who are those that do...the ones who have bought into the hype for props. My point was Nike doesn't have 2 piles of money one for the beast and one for the collectors. If you buy a shoe with a story or name your money is counted along with the beast. There's not a person here who will stop buying Nikes today. If you really had a issue or wanted change you would.
dont think any one has a beef with buying nikes, we just dont need a story for every pair.....i can care less bout their piles of money, as long as they give me what i want im good!

Nike is hyping up the elites and some of yall are eating it up. Once the lows drop its a rap for these. Theyll be at the outlet stores just like the jordan xx8

Nike is hyping up the elites and some of yall are eating it up. Once the lows drop its a rap for these. Theyll be at the outlet stores just like the jordan xx8
I can't speak for everybody but so far the IX Elites look far better than what I've seen for the lows IMO & Nike doesn't have to hype the shoe up for a lot of us because the detail on the Flynit is incredible & throughout all the shoes they've shown so far. The only thing I seen that could "possibly" be outlet worthy is those yellow "lows" IMO

any one know if its true that the rsvp at NT's are over ,and they will know hold in store raffles..been reported by two services now

Nike is a monopoly. No other sneaker brand is even close. Not even close. We're here because nike has the best products. All the fluff does get annoying, but it doesn't matter when your products are the best. I understand other brands can compete on the performance level, but nobody gives a **** about performance. Performance is and always will be second to aesthetics. If you don't like the look of something you don't mess with it (girls, cars, shoes, etc).

any one know if its true that the rsvp at NT's are over ,and they will know hold in store raffles..been reported by two services now

Those are just assumptions as far as I'm concerned. I'd bet a lot of money that they're only doing this since it's a "special" Kobe release and that RSVPing is not over.

[quotename="ootherocoo" url="/t/550678/the-official-kobe-9-thread-em-lows-revealed-release-in-march/6900#post_19659042"]Nike is going so hard.  Drumming up all kinds of hype.

I can already feel my frustration coming on.  All I need are the "Masterpieces" and "Details"..........for now.
[/quote]

+1

Even though I'm no fan of the "hype", I'm older now and understand Nike will do anything they can to sell product. They're a multi-billion dollar business and always trying to get larger. In today's market, hype = $$$.

The only way to stop hype, backstories, etc. is to stop buying... but we all know that's not gonna happen...

Just give me Masterpieces and Details (maybe ASG) and I'm gonna try to call it quits on the Kobe 9.

Last edited:
idk...when i was in high school in the 90s we just called a pair out by its color, (e.g black and red jordans), but nowadays there are plenty of sneakergeeks that need a nickname and gotta call a pair out by its number (bred 11s).....it was never that serious to us back then. you bought a pair beat em up, got another pair christmas break beat em up, and repeat every school year......nowadays everyone is a "collector" that "needs" certain pairs by any means necessary.

This never stops being cringe-worthy for me :lol:

People throw around the word "need" so loosely.

I had no idea that two colorways of the Kobe 9 were droppin today..

The Black/White joints are dope..but I ain't wastin gas to go to NYC right now..plus it's prolly a wrap at both places..

Back
Top Bottom