THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
anticipating people trying to wear these with their oversized jeans cuffed
roll.gif

The Kobe 9's shld be a easy cop for most ppl this year...just assuming cuz not many ppl are feelin the height of shoe and I can't really see ppl willing to pay resell price for these no matter how much Nike say their limited. If these move crazy fast, then ppl let the hype get to them too much

The Kobe 9's shld be a easy cop for most ppl this year...just assuming cuz not many ppl are feelin the height of shoe and I can't really see ppl willing to pay resell price for these no matter how much Nike say their limited. If these move crazy fast, then ppl let the hype get to them too much
This tends to happen a lot. Anything with a limited tag on it.

Resellers coming out like the hulk
1876.gif

Just spoke with someone who wore them
At that Nike Kobe even with Tim Grover and I was told the elite 9 is lighter then the Kobe 8

The Realest Ish Ever Written.
Agree 100%.It's ok for one or 2 shoes to have a backstory but not every single one. Who are the marketing people that are coming up with these.Show us some pictures. Give us a Release date. Then drop the shoe. Stop with the hype and craziness.

Who even cares about the backstory?

It couldn't be easier to just not read it.

Some ppl just look for things to complain about.

Nike is going so hard.  Drumming up all kinds of hype.

I can already feel my frustration coming on.  All I need are the "Masterpieces" and "Details"..........for now.

Nikes storytelling is stupid to all of us who have been around for a while, but I'm sure the new generation finds it absolutely fascinating and loves the idea.

Sneakerheads have been doing it for years with Jordan's. Stamping their own name to it and creating buzz immediately just off a name. Difference is those shoes actually earned that name/story because WE saw it happen. We lived through that era.

Nike is so damn money hungry it doesn't even make sense. They continue to rake in billions every year and make so much throughout all their divisions of footwear and apparel and have that turned basketball into all of this. It sucks because nothing in the immediate future will change, everything will have a name and everything will have a release date.

It's one of those things where you roll with it or get rolled over. I see a lot of people walking away from their passion in the next few years because of this crap.

And with all of that being said, continue to take my money and give me my damn Kobe 9s.

Last edited:
Well said , and honestly from a business stand point you havevto respect their business model and what they have done it's pretty impressive. From a collector standpoint it really sucks for us though and it's easy to shake your fist at them but at the end of the day, they are doing their job.... Apparently really well cause time and time again, while one of our fists is shaking at them, the other is throwing amounts of cash at them that the average joe would never understand.

Anyways... Gimme my IX elites

Last edited:
Well said , and honestly from a business stand point you havevto respect their business model and what they have done it's pretty impressive. From a collector standpoint it really sucks for us though and it's easy to shake your fist at them but at the end of the day, they are doing their job.... Apparently really well cause time and time again, while one of our fists is shaking at them, the other is throwing amounts of cash at them that the average joe would never understand.

This. Blame your peers. Blame yourself. Blame whoever says $400 is a good deal on a Prelude.

This. Blame your peers. Blame yourself. Blame whoever says $400 is a good deal on a Prelude.
True story!!

Nikes storytelling is stupid to all of us who have been around for a while, but I'm sure the new generation finds it absolutely fascinating and loves the idea.

Sneakerheads have been doing it for years with Jordan's. Stamping their own name to it and creating buzz immediately just off a name. Difference is those shoes actually earned that name/story because WE saw it happen. We lived through that era.

Nike is so damn money hungry it doesn't even make sense. They continue to rake in billions every year and make so much throughout all their divisions of footwear and apparel and have that turned basketball into all of this. It sucks because nothing in the immediate future will change, everything will have a name and everything will have a release date.

It's one of those things where you roll with it or get rolled over. I see a lot of people walking away from their passion in the next few years because of this crap.

And with all of that being said, continue to take my money and give me my damn Kobe 9s.

Mentioned this a few months ago. Every sneaker has to have a name now. Before names were colorbased.

Looking at Nike's sales it seems to actually work with these new kids. People want to see the new dunkman blah blah each year.

Mentioned this a few months ago. Every sneaker has to have a name now. Before names were colorbased.

Looking at Nike's sales it seems to actually work with these new kids. People want to see the new dunkman blah blah each year.
idk...when i was in high school in the 90s we just called a pair out by its color, (e.g black and red jordans), but nowadays there are plenty of sneakergeeks that need a nickname and gotta call a pair out by its number (bred 11s).....it was never that serious to us back then. you bought a pair beat em up, got another pair christmas break beat em up, and repeat every school year......nowadays everyone is a "collector" that "needs" certain pairs by any means necessary.

Those black NRG's are dope as hell. Won't be giving my left nut to cop a pair though. I just need the Masterpiece and that Destroyer Kobe was rocking. Has Nike.com released that Jacket yet?

Black NRG are so basic and that's why I love them so much.

Can't wait to see the first fool rock them on court :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom