THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I have both of them so in my honest opinion if you want a "nice guy look/outfit for a day " go for the china, and if you want to look "badass/badboy look" you can go for the red fk. China kobe 9 is the only shoe i want in the EM line, the color combination is just perfect and the details are on point. The red fk on the other hand needs to have a lace swap to look better but overall they are nice and looks more durable compared to the EM
I'm from NYC, so to me, anything with a print on it is more of the bad guy/urban look. The FK is clean, and can pull off a preppier look.
I should have been more specific towards the praise comment. The EM's perform better on court than the flyknit lows, which are "really" fuse uppers
I gotcha. From what I've heard and read, they're not as stiff as the FK, so I can imagine they're more comfortable. I don't play ball like dat, so it's about style for me. They're both nice shoes.

i hope the next elite low is a gum sole! how awesome would that be
That would be DOPE! They'll have to release MC sooner or later as well.

Last edited:

agree the chinas should've been an elite since its a plain sothe chinas are nice but i feel like they're overrated 

I'm from NYC, so to me, anything with a print on it is more of the bad guy/urban look. The FK is clean, and can pull off a preppier look.

I gotcha. From what I've heard and read, they're not as stiff as the FK, so I can imagine they're more comfortable. I don't play ball like dat, so it's about style for me. They're both nice shoes.

That would be DOPE! They'll have to release MC sooner or later as well.

dont see the mc happening bro...i still have hope for the gum sole though lol

Last edited:
I'm just thinking maybe there will be an MC release w/ a clear or glow soles, that's why they won't let us have that option at all

You never know. They released HTMs, you never know.

I'm just thinking maybe there will be an MC release w/ a clear or glow soles, that's why they won't let us have that option at all
Yep, I feel they will release a MC. They know what we want. They MC sells like crazy, AND sell for more that the releases. I'm sure they got more of that HTM material from madrid. We need some of that. May be limited as hell though.

Is it possible to get a sz 12 in the philippines for a decent price now (less than 250)?

I hope they do what they do with the Jordan line. Keep making performence based basketball shoes . Don't really care for retro Kobe's but who knows in a few years I may want some older Kobe's

my chinas came in today.

just a took a quick shot from my phone to compare the red fk and chinas. photo quality i know its not good. lol

and a quick try-on. they look way better in person. this is going to one of my favorites
nthat.gif

Chinas look dope on feet.
I had no intentions of buying the Chinas ... then I put them on feet. And uhhhhh, I have 3 pairs now 
mean.gif

what do you think will happen with the kobe line after he retires? think they will retro kobes often like pennys and barkleys? 
Your guess is as good as mine man. Nike like to bring things back. I'm sure they have a list of how certain models & CWs sold out. They probably have an eBay analytics team as well looking at what sells more, and for how much to get an idea for releases down the line. Kobe's should retro though, folks would like a retro run of past releases.

Negative..China's are one of the best KB9 models to release..Flyknit lows get too much praise
In my opinion I feel that your both right and wrong. I always felt the flynit lows get way to much hype. That being said I think the University Reds are better than the chinas. I personally really like the EM's this year.

I don't normally use this but here it goes....

THIS!

Live making a come back (for game kicks at least), 9s looks awesome compare to 2k

more, hopefully game play got better too

Last edited:
Everyone I asked who has both the Philippines and the China's say the chinas are better. It's a crazy shoe in person. I almost copped a pair of Philippines last night but then went back and looked at both and had to cop the China's.

Everyone I asked who has both the Philippines and the China's say the chinas are better. It's a crazy shoe in person. I almost copped a pair of Philippines last night but then went back and looked at both and had to cop the China's.
I'm in the Philippines camp. The outsole and storytelling alone make them superior to the Chinas. But the Chinas are dope in person too.

The Philippines vs. China debate is easily solved. Just get both. They are both dope shoes. I still have to pick up a pair of Philippines. In theory. Always harder to go back and get something I missed when new **** is always dropping...

Back
Top Bottom