THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

I ordered a pair of the 45" Nike Team Shoelaces.  IMO they have the same width, not texture tho.  They don't look bad, but they are way better than the standard laces you would find in a local store.  45" will do if you don't plan to tie them up, but 49" is what you would need for the regular length.  NDC is all sold out of those tho.

Thanks for the info on the laces @RyFP21
Both look dope in the black lace swap! I've been meaning to stop by my local NT to pick up laces but life has been getting in the way.  Think i'll grab use 49inch for my UniReds when they come in tomorrow (leaning more towards black laces now). I like lacing them up and getting that secured fit on these.

I prefer the white laces on the Beeths, it looks cleaner IMO. Black laces on the Thrillers look pretty good too. 

@everyone looking for red/black laces similar to the standard kobe 9 laces.  I've noticed that the type of laces used are tubular, and I've found one company that makes similar width and textured laces, called "loyal laces"  they sell a color called bright red that can be found at many skateshops, but is pretty hard to find online.  You can order a bundle of 3 laces with free shipping from loyallaces.com (click the "made in the usa" sign on entry) for 10 bucks, which isn't too bad.  I'm gonna see if I can get some from a skateshop that sells them tomorrow, I'll post pictures of them.

Here is the stock pic of the bright red laces:

solid_brightred.jpg

They are 3/8 inch, which is just a bit thicker than the kobe laces(They appear to be 1/4 inch when I measured the ones on my kobes)

Last edited:
Mannnn....

My girl put the wrong address on the red kobes from nike.com this saturday.

They're being sent back to the warehouse, nike put in a ticket but she said its only 50/50 that it'll work and they can intercept. Otherwise I'll just be refunded.

Extra salty because its a 12.5, which footlocker doesn't carry in stores :x
footlocker had them in sz 11 lastnight

Negative..China's are one of the best KB9 models to release..Flyknit lows get too much praise
Lol at they get too much praise. You are entitled to your opinion. As for me, I don't like the EMs much. I prefer the FK mainly. I do like the China's, I didn't expect them to look so nice, and did not budget to obtain them. I'll be looking for those later on as well as the dirty cactus, when the wife isn't on my back with these purchases. I like those two thus far. FK for the win for me.

Negative..China's are one of the best KB9 models to release..Flyknit lows get too much praise
In my opinion I feel that your both right and wrong. I always felt the flynit lows get way to much hype. That being said I think the University Reds are better than the chinas. I personally really like the EM's this year.

Eh. I have both and I like them both. I would say in pictures I liked the China's better, in hand the FK's. Like both enough to have doubled up on them.

I have both of them so in my honest opinion if you want a "nice guy look/outfit for a day " go for the china, and if you want to look "badass/badboy look" you can go for the red fk. China kobe 9 is the only shoe i want in the EM line, the color combination is just perfect and the details are on point. The red fk on the other hand needs to have a lace swap to look better but overall they are nice and looks more durable compared to the EM

@everyone looking for red/black laces similar to the standard kobe 9 laces.  I've noticed that the type of laces used are tubular, and I've found one company that makes similar width and textured laces, called "loyal laces"  they sell a color called bright red that can be found at many skateshops, but is pretty hard to find online.  You can order a bundle of 3 laces with free shipping from loyallaces.com (click the "made in the usa" sign on entry) for 10 bucks, which isn't too bad.  I'm gonna see if I can get some from a skateshop that sells them tomorrow, I'll post pictures of them.

Here is the stock pic of the bright red laces:
solid_brightred.jpg

They are 3/8 inch, which is just a bit thicker than the kobe laces(They appear to be 1/4 inch when I measured the ones on my kobes)

I thought the same thing as i posted earlier they are flat tubular laces and narrower.

I have both of them so in my honest opinion if you want a "nice guy look/outfit for a day " go for the china, and if you want to look "badass/badboy look" you can go for the red fk. China kobe 9 is the only shoe i want in the EM line, the color combination is just perfect and the details are on point. The red fk on the other hand needs to have a lace swap to look better but overall they are nice and looks more durable compared to the EM

Lol at they get too much praise. You are entitled to your opinion. As for me, I don't like the EMs much. I prefer the FK mainly. I do like the China's, I didn't expect them to look so nice, and did not budget to obtain them. I'll be looking for those later on as well as the dirty cactus, when the wife isn't on my back with these purchases. I like those two thus far. FK for the win for me.

I should have been more specific towards the praise comment. The EM's perform better on court than the flyknit lows, which are "really" fuse uppers

Back
Top Bottom