**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

my bad, it was Rey's who got the complaint for a hole in the cuban (not Daniels)

however:

whoever asked if anyone had troubles with Leon.. ninjahood ninjahood had a minor problem with the triple clasp box or whateva, but got it fixed easy at some local chinese joint

so there u have it for comparisons.

daniels: twisted cubans
reys: hole(s) in cubans [can be easily fixed]
leon: box clasp problem [can be easily fixed]
{a positive about leon that separates from the rest is, at 14KT gold, u actually get more gold, see more details below}

Leon:

^Au = Gold (periodic table, chemistry). 60%. 14K means 14/24 which = 58.3333333% So u actually almost getting 2% more gold in a 14K gold order from Leon's. Which might be worth more than the box clasp issue u may have from ordering from him;

so if u cop from any of the 3, those are the problems u should expect to face in a worst case scenario. pick your poison;

determine which problem you're most willing to deal with. if you ask me, as long as the links fall right straight and are of the elite handmade quality, then i aint trippin over a hole that can get fixed ez or a broken clasp that can also be easily repaired.

What specifically needs to be reinforced or fixed on Leon's box clasp?

idk exactly but from context im guessing it wasnt locking in all the way properly (wasnt "snatchproof" so to speak). however, im sure ninja will answer ur question to the detail u need it answered

Any thoughts on rocking two chains at the same time; one yellow gold and one white gold or platinum?

Any thoughts on rocking two chains at the same time; one yellow gold and one white gold or platinum?

I used to do this when I wore my jewelry. Had a yellow gold and white gold Franco with my pendant on both. They were same length and thickness. Looked good to me and got compliments on it all the time.

I used to do this when I wore my jewelry. Had a yellow gold and white gold Franco with my pendant on both. They were same length and thickness. Looked good to me and got compliments on it all the time.

Yeah, my grandfather gave me some white gold and yellow gold. I used to wear them together and it looked great. I don't like white gold cause it can be easily mistaken for silver, and why do that if you're paying for gold.

However, theres too much sentimental value in those chains so I keep them in the safety deposit. I'd rather have my $8,000 cuban snatched off my neck. Insurance can't replace a late grandfather's love, u know what im sayin?

Yeah, my grandfather gave me some white gold and yellow gold. I used to wear them together and it looked great. I don't like white gold cause it can be easily mistaken for silver, and why do that if you're paying for gold.

However, theres too much sentimental value in those chains so I keep them in the safety deposit. I'd rather have my $8,000 cuban snatched off my neck. Insurance can't replace a late grandfather's love, know what im sayin?

I feel you 100.

I have an 18k chain in the safety deposit box that my grandfather gave me. I used to work in a factory at one point and jewelry of any kind was not allowed and I put it in the center console of my whip. I guess I didn't put it in properly so when I closed the console it bent a couple of the links. I was heated for a week. Like you said, had it been something I purchased myself I wouldn't have been as pissed but since he gave it to me and had passed when that happened it hurt me bad.

I still have no idea what the name of the link is though, if I ever go to my deposit box I'll take pics.

If you wear a rolex on your left wrist, can you wear a bracelet on your left wrist too? or should you wear it on your right?

Yea the porosity issue kinda turned me off on Rey’s. I wouldn’t want to deal with getting that fixed especially with the response he gave dude in here a while ago when the issue is a casting defect that’s totally on Rey.

what exactly was wrong with the triple clasp lock from leon's? it looks good in the picture

didn't lock correctly, da male portion didn't stay closed and snapped from da female box portion. i had to fix em with a local jeweler to reinforce da locking mechanism to make sure it was snatch proof.

Yea the porosity issue kinda turned me off on Rey’s. I wouldn’t want to deal with getting that fixed especially with the response he gave dude in here a while ago when the issue is a casting defect that’s totally on Rey.

I ordered from Rey and no issues, also offered refund if unsatisfied, so take it for what its worth.

Just sold the white Vapors :nerd:

About to cop me a pendant :rofl::pimp:
yup just sold my OW UNC 1;s

didn't need to but kinda wanted em outta my closet since they won't get worn. will probably regret it in a few months if they go over 1k

Gold will last for generations, kicks wear out after a few years. It's why I never understand people paying $4k for Yeezys or whatever.
That's what I was thinking. The kicks are going to get worn out or some b.s.
...much rather a solid gold cuban and pendant. I dont see many authentic Chicago ow 1s sz 11 on Ebay. Any suggestions where I would get highest pay out for them? Think I'm going to wait a couple months to unload Carolinas. Unless someone wants to scoop both or all three for the right price. Black VM are very nice but also have potential to go up in a couple months.

I made that jump a year ago when i saw the bitcoin thread on NT, i flipped all my kicks into crypto, now im using those profits for more investing. Still love my kicks but no need on having stacks of boxes pilling up.

I've been follow that thread and stocks thread too. Still dont trust bitcoin.

Back
Top Bottom