**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Any of yall that copped from Daniels, do you notice if your chain hangs straight or not?

I bought stuff from them and mine doesn't hang as straight as I like at times

Mine hangs straight but i guess im in the minority. Send that thing back get your money back. Im happy with mine but ill probably roll with reys when its time for an upgrade he seems legit. Kinda weird guy cant get his website up n runnin tho.

Mine hangs straight but i guess im in the minority. Send that thing back get your money back. Im happy with mine but ill probably roll with reys when its time for an upgrade he seems legit. Kinda weird guy cant get his website up n runnin tho.
I’m guessing they a legit 2 man crew. They the definition of a mom n pop shop. I’m sure he could pay for one but then his wife or him would have to do more work. Rey does all the labor and partial admin work. #TheyAllTheygot

I’m guessing they a legit 2 man crew. They the definition of a mom n pop shop. I’m sure he could pay for one but then his wife or him would have to do more work. Rey does all the labor and partial admin work. #TheyAllTheygot

I agree and my guess is they want to keep it simple and they may not be the most tech savy. Norma is great and responds quick, Rey seems to know what he is doing and experienced. Definitely copping my cuban from them. Almost pulled the trigger a month or so ago on a Daniel's Cuban....no way after reading reviews and seeing comparisons.

I agree and my guess is they want to keep it simple and they may not be the most tech savy. Norma is great and responds quick, Rey seems to know what he is doing and experienced. Definitely copping my cuban from them. Almost pulled the trigger a month or so ago on a Daniel's Cuban....no way after reading reviews and seeing comparisons.

In fairness the guy that posted the pics of the bracelets did say the daniels one was older and reys was brand new and bigger size so u cant really compare the brand new one always gona be shinier. Either way reys does seem like safer bet. Post some pics when you get your chain from reys.

Diamond cut also listed as "DC" on some sites. It changes the finish on the rope chain, requires some shaving but most dealers sell the ropes already pre-cut others offer to cut them.

he starts explaining around 2:30marker

That franco at 0:39 dizammmmmm

We in the era of social media anyways, so not having a website isn't as bad as not being on IG. **** them IG ad's are reaching more audiences then some commercials these days..

In fairness the guy that posted the pics of the bracelets did say the daniels one was older and reys was brand new and bigger size so u cant really compare the brand new one always gona be shinier. Either way reys does seem like safer bet. Post some pics when you get your chain from reys.

Unless its all scratched up the age shouldn't matter, ive seen some 2-3 year old cubans that look brand new still.

Good points. Reys links looked tighter and tad longer IMO but like you mentioned there is a size difference. Thanks for the input much appreciated. For sure, I got a few months to go before copping. Thinking of copping after the summer for my Birthday in Sept. will post pics for sure. Definitely 7mm

both reys and daniels is not perfect...someone always had an issue with daniels and reys someone had holes in their chain...

Any complaints about Leon's? I was thinking Franco at first but I like that the Cubans are handmade and lay flat.

Unless its all scratched up the age shouldn't matter, ive seen some 2-3 year old cubans that look brand new still.

Alot of the cubans are dipped in the gold plating solution to give it that bright shiny dark gold look. That wears off over time not completely but its noticable. My cuban when i first got it looked like almost color of pure gold and now after 4 months of daily wear it settled into more of a 18k color and its 14k. Reys and daniels both use the solution on their cubans.

Alot of the cubans are dipped in the gold plating solution to give it that bright shiny dark gold look. That wears off over time not completely but its noticable. My cuban when i first got it looked like almost color of pure gold and now after 4 months of daily wear it settled into more of a 18k color and its 14k. Reys and daniels both use the solution on their cubans.
Can I see your gold? Do you have a pendant?

Funny, I was originally dead set on getting a 4MM cuban...until I saw that pic. I do have plans on getting a 1.25” nano pendant in the future..do you guys think it’ll look weird on a 5mm?
I threw my 1.5" piece on my 5mm cuban before, It didn't look right. The chain looked too big for a piece that small.

Any of yall that copped from Daniels, do you notice if your chain hangs straight or not?

I bought stuff from them and mine doesn't hang as straight as I like at times

The one I have from Daniels twists a little when it's held straight like the video. It also doesn't sit right at times and kinks up.

We know who this is already

D66B897E-D868-4D8E-970A-6B34D670E3DB.png

my bad, it was Rey's who got the complaint for a hole in the cuban (not Daniels)

Is this anything to worry about. I see there's that hole y'all speak of on Cubans. And I seen a chip too.
I talked to Rey n norma they since its hand made. Nothing will be perfect. I ain't tripping. The pit hole won't get bigger or nothing will it?
oh yeah she also said no one ever came back and complained about a imperfection. I mean the hole isn't noticeable unless your looking for it. I was tripping at first but I mean I don't know how I would even going about requesting for some kind of
The picture makes the hole look bigger than it actually is. Here's a better pic the other one was zoomed in
Damn, Reys sending out brand new chains with holes in them and telling customers to deal with it. Smh.

however:

u can take that to any local jeweler and they'll solder it closed for a few bucks...i wouldn't even waste my time sending it back.

whoever asked if anyone had troubles with Leon.. ninjahood ninjahood had a minor problem with the triple clasp box or whateva, but got it fixed easy at some local chinese joint

so there u have it for comparisons.

daniels: twisted cubans
reys: hole(s) in cubans [can be easily fixed]
leon: box clasp problem [can be easily fixed]
{a positive about leon that separates from the rest is, at 14KT gold, u actually get more gold, see more details below}

Right: Daniels 6mm
Left: Rey’s 8mm

I liked my 6mm but wanted something a little bigger. Was kinda worried the 8 would be too big but now I’m used to it and I think I want to eventually get a 10mm or something :lol:

I was actually thinking about getting insurance, just looked at jewelers mutual and it’s only $30/year or $2.50/month for $2000 coverage. Minus whale do it

Got my bracelet from Rey’s today. 14kt 8mm 8.75inch 46.2g. Upgraded from my 6mm from Daniels. It’s really nice I’m glad I finally pulled the trigger, I was being cheap for a couple years :lol:. sent Rey’s a text and his wife answered within minutes while Daniels took 4 days to respond :rolleyes
DA3FF2E3-9BEA-4072-B26D-30CBE534E27D.jpeg
B4CB0A4B-86FD-4589-9150-C0034E8DAF43.jpeg
45813261-C95A-41DA-BA87-EEA13DB98F4B.jpeg
85511E36-D7F5-423E-A8BE-4C0A964BDA29.jpeg
44C0E857-AC0E-439B-B8F6-46127D7EFA13.jpeg

Some comparison pics they sent me of my 6mm v 8mm. Old one was 9inch and it was too big, too much hangtime off my wrist
161E4007-091C-4657-834E-F322116635FA.jpeg
E8571AFF-3445-44CA-8FD6-F3BEDAED0AA4.jpeg
0A03D524-DCD2-4715-878E-4105416F47AC.jpeg
8D749990-3E97-4FDB-A7B7-03E1CD39C2F6.jpeg

Leon:

da jesus is tomorrow, its in da safe and i forgot to get it out...

my leon cuban is brand new, not even a scratch on it...

IMG_20180521_211650.jpg

.took 3 days to craft since da length wasn't available on top.
almost 400 grams...380ish.

IMG_20180521_220023.jpg

Screenshot_20180512-121444.png

thats how Leon_jewelry rolling, i ain't worried bout da lead gank on that side :pimp:

^Au = Gold (periodic table, chemistry). 60%. 14K means 14/24 which = 58.3333333% So u actually almost getting 2% more gold in a 14K gold order from Leon's. Which might be worth more than the box clasp issue u may have from ordering from him;

yeah, for example Leon's cuban was perfect for me, but i had to spend a lil extra to reinforce da triple clasp lock locally... nothing crazy, but it shouldve been right out da gate. no biggie thou.

naw, i had to work out a few technical issues with da box lock so it also had to be tweaked...

but alas...
IMG_20180526_173436.jpg

IMG_20180526_172052.jpg
IMG_20180526_171912.jpg
IMG_20180526_171737.jpg

so if u cop from any of the 3, those are the problems u should expect to face in a worst case scenario. pick your poison;

determine which problem you're most willing to deal with. if you ask me, as long as the links fall right straight and are of the elite handmade quality, then i aint trippin over a hole that can get fixed ez or a broken clasp that can also be easily repaired.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom