**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Some of y'all are closed minded as **** lol. So if somebody is financing something that means they are living beyond their means? If I can afford a chain that cost 10k but rather put 5k down upfront and finance 5k over a year at 0% why wouldn't I? That's only about 400 a month. I can then take the extra 5k and flip it but that's not "baller-like" to some of y'all lol. Same dudes who are probably financing their cellphones in their monthly plan or paying car insurance monthly instead of paying the whole premium or anything else for that matter. Why not carry this "baller" mentality into all aspects of your life?

Paying interest to stunt = balling backwards.  Take on debt responsibly to advance in life, not to advance in lifestyle.  0% interest though?  That's different. If you can actually afford the thing and are going to buy it anyway, why not pay the bulk of it later at 0%?  A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.

It's not about being closed minded, it's about staying in your lane. Most people that will finance that 10k chain, can't afford it...thats what I'm saying. Most importantly, definitely not about being a "baller".

^^ I agree with both of y'all. I'm solely going off of the info that has been given which is 0% interest. I hope ppl would be wise enough to pay it off before the interest starts. I myself would NEVER pay interest on jewelry. Just seems like some comments are bashing the whole idea of financing when it is a good option for some ppl depending on the circumstances

If you gotta finance a chain, you don't need it...simple as that

ur trading paper money for solid gold, paying labor to turn it into something u can wear..with no interest for a year, where's da downside?

ur buyi
You guys would be surprised how many rappers and celebrities finance jewelry.

this...why u think these rappers leave ther chains at da shop..as a formality? :lol:

Da ignorance.

Dudes comparin leasin cell phones to financing 10k chains.

Rappers might be financing chains, but they for dam sure are makin more money then someone in here makin 60k + a year. Why you think a lot of these rappers always have new peices but you hardly see the old stuff? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

I think the general consensus is that if you don't have the money up front to pay for something that isn't a necessity you don't need it. Which I agree with personally. However if it's something you can pay off with 0% in a specified amount of time, it's almost a no brainier because in those instances you're always making money. Now if you're paying on it, you know you can't afford it, or won't be able to pay it off in a specified time, you need to chill and get your priorities straight.

If you dont have the cash then you shouldnt buy **** you cant afford.

when does this apply for ANYTHING people buy on credit? :lol:

and don't even get me started on folks leasing whips, paying a interest, extra mileage fee, and finish da terms with no money & no car :lol: :smh:

a cuban link thats actually a respectable size cost da price of a new basic trim Civic...when was da last time u seen someone brown paper bag a dealer at Honda? its been at least 18 years for me.

folks can rationalize financing a depreciating asset rate comparable to a sinking boulder in da ocean like a Bimmer or benz, but paying 0% interest on a financed solid gold chain that more times then not will GAIN value overtime...

logic straight outta da window here huh? >D :lol:

Last edited:
when does this apply for ANYTHING people buy on credit? :lol:

and don't even get me started on folks leasing whips, paying a interest, extra mileage fee, and finish da terms with no money & no car :lol: :smh:

a cuban link thats actually a respectable size cost da price of a new basic trim Civic...when was da last time u seen someone brown paper bag a dealer at Honda? its been at least 18 years for me.

folks can rationalize financing a depreciating asset rate comparable to a sinking boulder in da ocean like a Bimmer or benz, but paying 0% interest on a financed solid gold chain that more times then not will GAIN value overtime...

logic straight outta da window here huh? >D :lol:

Yea, you're paying interest on something that loses half its value the first three years. Can't knock one without knocking the other

Just because it became the norm doesn't mean it's still not dumb

Last edited:
Most people, at least where I live, need a basic automobile, like a Honda Civic, to drive to work/school/other obligations and/or to transport people/things.  Financing a basic car in order to be able to drive to work in the morning and earn a living is, in fairness, a little different than financing a gold chain.
laugh.gif

Car ownership is basically a necessary condition of functioning in the modern world, a basic living expense.  Sometimes credit is needed and can be used responsibly to make things work.  Using it to own a cuban link chain... not so much.

Most people, at least where I live, need a basic automobile, like a Honda Civic, to drive to work/school/other obligations and/or to transport people/things.  Financing a basic car in order to be able to drive to work in the morning and earn a living is, in fairness, a little different than financing a gold chain. :lol:

Car ownership is basically a necessary condition of functioning in the modern world, a basic living expense.  Sometimes credit is needed and can be used responsibly to make things work.  Using it to own a cuban link chain... not so much.

Cuban is used to work the thots

Most people, at least where I live, need a basic automobile, like a Honda Civic, to drive to work/school/other obligations and/or to transport people/things.  Financing a basic car in order to be able to drive to work in the morning and earn a living is, in fairness, a little different than financing a gold chain. :lol:

Exactly.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

On another note...anybody pair a Cuban link bracelet with a watch on the same wrist? What would be a good mm Cuban for a 41mm watch? I'm thinking 7-8...

Last edited:

yea well add da factor of living in NYC and not needing a car.

you're literally paying da jeweler to change ur money over to solid gold, gold that gonna appreciate, not depreciate...

and u own da chain da same day, no interest for a year...where else are u doing this unless u got outstanding credit for a car & paying no interest for 18 months & zero down payment or so...

laugh.gif

Fair enough.
yea well add da factor of living in NYC and not needing a car.

you're literally paying da jeweler to change ur money over to solid gold, gold that gonna appreciate, not depreciate...

and u own da chain da same day, no interest for a year...where else are u doing this unless u got outstanding credit for a car & paying no interest for 18 months & zero down payment or so...
Like I said, I'm on board with 0% interest if you can legitimately afford the thing and were going to buy it anyway.  But I'm just not sure about the idea of so directly comparing the financing of Honda Civics to the financing of cuban links.  Totally different propositions, if you ask me.

Furthermore, if the objective is truly to profit from an investment in gold, it is almost certainly more preferable to simply purchase physical gold bars, a gold ETF, gold stocks, etc.  Even then, gold, historically, has not been a very good long-term investment, compared to other traditional asset classes.

Consider the extra cost of labor you paid to turn the stuff into a chain, as well as the jeweler's premium on the basic material that you paid at the outset, and unfortunately you probably aren't seeing much appreciation, barring incredible luck/market timing.

Anyway, whatever floats one's boat, but I've read this basic conversation many times in this thread over the years, and this is just my 2 cents on the matter.

Dawg dont tell me you cats are really thinkin like this. Typenof dudes to hit the lotto, cash out and be broke in 3 1/2 years.

Doggy said he wants a civic danglin off his neck smh.

Last edited:
I was thinking about just buying a gold brick and taking it to a jeweler like Daniels having them make my set up and paying me back plus getting more gold back from the transaction.

What do you all think?

I was thinking about just buying a gold brick and taking it to a jeweler like Daniels having them make my set up and paying me back plus getting more gold back from the transaction.

What do you all think?

i spoke about that years ago..naysayers said da Jeweler would over charge on labor to keep their profit margins.

when does this apply for ANYTHING people buy on credit?
laugh.gif

and don't even get me started on folks leasing whips, paying a interest, extra mileage fee, and finish da terms with no money & no car
laugh.gif
mean.gif

logic straight outta da window here huh?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom