**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Guy must have come to his senses after spending 7k on that thing. Usually when a site doesn't have the weight in the specs it's not a good deal. 

I'd be surprised if that baby Jesus sells for anything higher than 4500. Good luck to whoever is selling it

Been behind the bushing it lately on this thread. Had a real big desire to snag a 18K Cartier ingot pendant. Snagged one for a couple bills, so it was a no brainer. Just over spot pricing and it's legit from an estate jeweler. For me, it's one thing buying jewelery but another buying quality pieces and something that even after I'm bored with it, not only holds value based on the metal but is traditional, classy and commands a premium due to it's nature...

Will from Golden Sun was helping me but once I saw this piece and the price, it was tunnel vision. Hope to work with Will down the road on the next chain.

paired with a 2mm cuban for daily wear (which gets abuse from the gym and uniform). Will probably pick up a 3-4mm miami and buy the 1/4 oz ingot for weekend/night wear. Forgive the iPhone pics and the bacon neck shirt.... #teamhanes
Looks good! You got it at a great price! 
Couldn't a jeweler just make one and it'd be much cheaper without the Cartier name
We offered that option. If you want the logo and name, you pay for it. 

It really comes down to whatever floats your boat and your budget...

Working with Golden Sun, he warned me that a good ingot would be hard to find and he could simply mold a brick....

If you want to claim it's about the name (label whoring) that is one thing, the flip side is every jeweler and jewelry house has a method and a process....

I knew getting a cartier would mean that piece is solid 18K through and through and let's just be real, that stamp, logo and serial is going to allow some type of valuation on it in a private market (gold is gold to a melt down jeweler)

The Cartier ingots come in 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and 1oz ingots. The 1/4 and 1/2's have diamonds in them from what I've researched.

This piece looks great on a cuban, a ball or miami chain and as someone who doesn't wear any high end jewelry aside from my watch, I think it's a perfect piece and it actually goes well with my watch. 

I hope to get a Daytona for the winter once I can find a 1/4 oz ingot.

It's subtle, it's quiet and it has history behind it....that's the route I wanted to take.

I love coming into this thread and seeing all the work! I'll post once I get my miami and 1/4 oz ingot.

As far as looking at the Cartier, I went to the boutique in Scottsdale on Sat and asked the SA's. They stated that the ingot was made between 1960 -1990 depending on the markings. No serial but stamp dates them to pre '70 (Even thought all Cartier pieces are serialized) 

I had this piece cross referenced by them before completing the sale but they don't "warranty" it since it's too old. Just gave a valuation and baseline appraisal - not surprised.
It would of still been 18kt. through and through 
smokin.gif

Let me know when you are ready for that Daytona though!
pimp.gif

Here's a scenario..what's more important to y'all?
Let's say you had to buy 1 piece of jewelry. And only one. Would you get a Cuban chain, a Rolex, or a bracelet?

Let's say you had to buy 1 piece of jewelry. And only one. Would you get a Cuban chain, a Rolex, or a bracelet?

Rolex :lol:

Which Rolex are we talking about?

18k sub >

Last edited:

Cuban chain, then precious metal on my wrist. The Rolex is tough depending on the budget because stainless steel models are running like $10k new. So to get into precious metals you are starting at over $10k new on the Rolexes. I went to a dealer last week and tried on the Date just 2 with champagne diamond dial and is was $13,600+ tax. So nearly $15k out the door. I have to admit I was impressed by the look but the watch certainly didn't feel any heavier than my stainless steel Movado.

Rolex no questions asked...timeless piece

Yikes, lol dude wants his full blown retail price back lol

One thing I've noticed over the past year is that anyone who sells a fully iced Jesus piece on eBay loses a lot of money. Ninja hood said a lot of ridiculous things but one thing he was always right about was that it's only so much a jeweler can get you on gold or precious metal but when it comes to diamonds they have the advantage. You were lucky to get that diamond city piece for 1500 :lol:

Lol yeah now I'm realizing it.

Looks good! You got it at a great price! 

We offered that option. If you want the logo and name, you pay for it. 

It would of still been 18kt. through and through 
smokin.gif

Let me know when you are ready for that Daytona though!
pimp.gif

emailed you about the daytona....

All I have is my little ol' AK right now

don't keep me waiting! LOL

Very polarizing model amongst watch/Rolex enthusiasts, but I absolutely love them (the green in particular).

smokin.gif
It's a tough call when you start doing that with them....some are purists (myself included) and I wouldn't ice a single watch out unless it came off the line like that.

a gold or plat Daytona speaks volumes and customizing faces doesn't really increase the intrinsic value...you'd have to find someone who wants that same customization to pay a premium....

to each his own...I would never buy them but love looking at them.

http://www.flossyjones.com

Seen This On James of IF's IG

Selling Used High End Jewellery 

The Murakami They Did Is Up There, As Well As Some Other **** You Might Recognize From The 

"So You Want To Floss Like Ben Baller" Video 

Surprised At Some Of The Prices TBH 

Last edited:
Just put in an order with L.A.X. for a 14k Gold Jesus Piece. He agreed to cast and polish it tomorrow and then overnight it to NY (have it to me by Friday) so ill let y'all know how that goes :lol: :nerd:

Just put in an order with L.A.X. for a 14k Gold Jesus Piece. He agreed to cast and polish it tomorrow and then overnight it to NY (have it to me by Friday) so ill let y'all know how that goes :lol: :nerd:

:pimp: what size you get?

Bout to cop that 3 inch soon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom