* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

At first I hated it..Now I like it a lot..Damn ...
"first they love me then they hate me then they love me again...." - Hov
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by awwsome

"How much they hate it? Very
Kiss girls like Katy Perry
"

sick.gif
pimp.gif

Hate >
"I am never sprung but I Springer...Jerry"

I've been trying mega hard (pause) to feel this track....but I can't enjoy that simple corny rhyme scheme....the beat is dope don't get mewrong...but I know Ye and Hov could've did better than that...and I know I know the song is dedicated to me....not even...

I like the beat like when it first came on I was hype...then they started spittin
smh.gif
not impressive....but the I can't even stomach myself ulsur line wasdope
pimp.gif

Tomorrow I will support
pimp.gif

BP3 and OB4CL2

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

I gotta say BP2>BP3 off the strength alone that there's more quality material with the BP2.....The Gift and The Curse together are to much for BP3....not enough fire power to match...

the order of the Blueprints are exactly how I would rank them....BP>BP2>BP3
When BP2 first dropped, I loved it. And I still do.
But in retrospect, we got a recycled verse (B.I.G. on A Dream). A recycled beat (Bonnie & Clyde 03). A recycled song (U Don't Know Remix). Anotherrecycled beat (The Watcher 2).
Don't get me wrong, I love every single one of those tracks.
But subtract those retreads... and subtract a couple of your least favorite tracks.... And it knocks BP2 down a notch.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I gotta say BP2>BP3 off the strength alone that there's more quality material with the BP2.....The Gift and The Curse together are to much for BP3....not enough fire power to match...

But in retrospect, we got a recycled verse (B.I.G. on A Dream). A recycled beat (Bonnie & Clyde 03). A recycled song (U Don't Know Remix). Another recycled beat (The Watcher 2).
But subtract those retreads... and subtract a couple of your least favorite tracks.... And it knocks BP2 down a notch.

I can reason with you on the reuse of certain tracks...but the BP3 doesn't have anything that I can compare to Meet The Parents....Some People Hate killsthe BP3's Hate....and I'd rather listen to U Don't Know recycled with a new Jay Verse...than hearing What We Talking Bout with a beat....just myopinion though....but u have a valid point sir...

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by C Money 88 05

how could you not like Allure upon first listen?

it was so smooth and so
pimp.gif
you can't help but love it.

I think that's my only problem with So Ambitious, I relate it to Allure but it's not as nice, but still
pimp.gif
all the same so it's all good, can't wait to buy the CD officially tomorrow, that Blueprint package at Best Buy is only 1 and 2 right?
As far as I'm concerned just cuz they both Neptune produced songs involving Pharrell on the hook doesn't mean Allure and So Ambitious should be compared.

So Ambitious is on the level of Frontin' and it's not really better than that.
oh no don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to compare the 2, at least in that sense, there IS NO comparison.
all I was saying is when I hear So Ambitious I think of Allure and I can't fully appreciate So Ambitious for what it is

"

sick.gif
pimp.gif

Hate >

I've been trying mega hard (pause) to feel this track....but I can't enjoy that simple corny rhyme scheme....the beat is dope don't get me wrong...but I know Ye and Hov could've did better than that...and I know I know the song is dedicated to me....not even...

I like the beat like when it first came on I was hype...then they started spittin
smh.gif
not impressive....but the I can't even stomach myself ulsur line was dope
pimp.gif

Tomorrow I will support
pimp.gif

BP3 and OB4CL2
"I am never sprung but I Spring her (Springer)...Jerry"

it sounds better when u say it like that I like Hater more than Reminder those 2 are my least favorite but still not skippable

"

sick.gif
pimp.gif

Hate >

I've been trying mega hard (pause) to feel this track....but I can't enjoy that simple corny rhyme scheme....the beat is dope don't get me wrong...but I know Ye and Hov could've did better than that...and I know I know the song is dedicated to me....not even...

smh.gif
not impressive..
But did you really listen to hov's verse?

After catching all the lines the 3rd time around i was just
sick.gif
smh.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
BP2, minus all the filler, had some incredible tracks. Hovi Baby, Meet The Parents (that alone is better than anything on BP3), U Don't Know Remix, NPlease, Poppin Tags, Show You How, Some People Hate, As One

yall buggin
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

But in retrospect, we got a recycled verse (B.I.G. on A Dream). A recycled beat (Bonnie & Clyde 03). A recycled song (U Don't Know Remix). Another recycled beat (The Watcher 2).

I can reason with you on the reuse of certain tracks...but the BP3 doesn't have anything that I can compare to Meet The Parents....Some People Hate kills the BP3's Hate....and I'd rather listen to U Don't Know recycled with a new Jay Verse...than hearing What We Talking Bout with a beat....just my opinion though....but u have a valid point sir...
laugh.gif

I hear you on all those points as well.
There is no Meet The Parents on here. And yeah, U Don't Know... the beat alone crushes just about anything on BP3. As a matter of fact, I said the samething a few pages back when I first heard the album: That BP3 seems to be lacking the club bangers in the vein of U Don't Know and Up In The Club. (ThoughI now think there are a handful of club bangers on here).

But as many have already said about BP3.... There may be no stand-out tracks per say, but the album just seems to flow seamlessly as a whole.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

eek.gif
BP2, minus all the filler, had some incredible tracks. Hovi Baby, Meet The Parents (that alone is better than anything on BP3), U Don't Know Remix, N Please, Poppin Tags, Show You How, Some People Hate, As One

yall buggin
tired.gif
laugh.gif

No one is disputing that BP2 was hot. At least I'm not. Here is what I said:

When BP2 first dropped, I loved it. And I stilldo.
But in retrospect, we got a recycled verse (B.I.G. on A Dream). A recycled beat (Bonnie & Clyde 03). A recycled song (UDon't Know Remix). Another recycled beat (The Watcher 2).
But subtract those retreads... and subtract a couple ofyour least favorite tracks.... And it knocks BP2 down a notch.

And how is my underlined section any different from what your underlined section says?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I remember what ILLIONAIRE is talking about. That night when the album leaked song by song...N's was @$#!@%% on ALLURE hard. Saying the beat was wack and the gunshots ruined the song. A week later...people were saying it was their favorite Jay song ever.
What website are you reffering to? Not this one.

As stated by me and cosigned by members that I know were around during that time, Allure was praised. Justify my thug was getting the hate.

And last I checked, Black Album didnt get leaked song by song, that was Blueprint 2 my man.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Hov is going in with the shows this week.
laugh.gif
you aint lying, i feel like im seeing dude everywhere. Is there a list of all his appearences this week.

One day you guys will see BP2 is a great album. but just like vol 2, there is no "cohesion" between the tracks that make a good album... word toRD,BP, TBA, and AG'

take the #of hot songs on BP2 and you have a # higher than 18.

Back
Top Bottom