* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

Originally Posted by AKA King Arthur

All the sudden NT loves American Gangster now?

man we are a fickle bunch

just waiting on the next flavor of the week
what the hell are you talking about?

since it was released, most on here thought the album was crazy
Yea, when AG dropped I believe most of us were feeling it.

Hova sold 476,000 albums...
pimp.gif

Sep 16 2009 7:22 PM EDT

[h1]Jay-Z's 'So Ambitious' Is 'Ferocious,' Pharrell Williams Says[/h1] [h2]'I wanted to make sure that kids heard this record and felt inspired,' rapper/producer says.[/h2]

281x211.jpg

Pharrell Williams

Photo: MTV News

By Jayson Rodriguez, with reporting by Tim Kash

Although Jay-Z likes kicking back and celebrating the good things in life, on The Blueprint 3, Hov isn't always happy.

The Neptunes' Pharrell Williams said he and the legendary rapper wanted to speak to kids on their collaboration "So Ambitious." The standout number targets adults who attempt to limit the dreams of young'uns. As a result, their deliveries are tinged with an edge, because the duo drew from experience.

"We wanted to make a record that speaks to kids. There's a couple of lewd words there, but I wanted to make sure that kids heard this record and felt inspired," Williams told MTV News. "That's why there's a little bit of anger to it. There's anger in his verses, there's anger in my chorus. That's why I say spiteful things at the top [of the record]. There's anger there, because there's heat. Because you're young and people are telling you what you can and can't do. Unacceptable."

The two have made their fair share of hits in the past, from "Frontin' " to "I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)," but the super-producer said this was the first time they've done a track where they didn't work on it in the studio; "So Ambitious" was completed while they were in different locations.

"We did it all by phone," Williams said. "One-hundred percent. Phone and e-mail. I've never done that before in my life. I just sent him the joint, 'cause he beat me up for the whole album. He was just kinda like, 'I need something to really tell a story.' And I was like, 'OK.' And I sent him this track. I said, 'I'm sending you clouds with 808s [drums] under it.' There's just clouds, and it's expansive. You can just speak. It's a blank canvas. Then I sent him the hook and played it for him, and he lost his mind."

Williams said the song was made the day Jay-Z was mastering his album, and he believes the rapper held off on completing his album until he finished the song. The result, according to Williams, is another classic.

"[Just] the attack on it," he said of the song. "Ferocious."

LINK

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

roll.gif
at 400k

He sold more than that with American Gangster and that had no promo and pretty much no radio play.

This is the most anticipated album of the year. No less than 600k
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You know what's even more funny? You're absolutely wrong.

Originally Posted by jc619er

Originally Posted by KingZarus1

why are people saying that jayz has a 'worst' album? none of his albums are bad... especially compared to the garbage that being put out nowadays...
smh.gif
Have you listened to Blueprint 2? Trust me he has bad albums.

Your correct BP2 was weak, but you only named 1 album......''ALL'' hisother album were at least good...Were they all classics ?? NO, good yes.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

roll.gif
at 400k

He sold more than that with American Gangster and that had no promo and pretty much no radio play.

This is the most anticipated album of the year. No less than 600k
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You know what's even more funny? You're absolutely wrong.
I love this dude's sarcastic one-liners.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MJsaver

why are people saying that jayz has a 'worst' album? none of his albums are bad... especially compared to the garbage that being put out nowadays...
smh.gif

Your correct BP2 was weak, but you only named 1 album......''ALL'' his other album were at least good...Were they all classics ?? NO, good yes.
If only Hov released BP2 as one CD.
smh.gif
(AKA BP 2.1)

Finally got the album today. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet because I'm really busy today, but I heard "Young Forever," andcouldn't believe it when I heard Mr. Hudson singing "Forever Young." That song has been my ishh lately...he actually did a pretty good job on ittoo. Does anyone else like this song?

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

Finally got the album today. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet because I'm really busy today, but I heard "Young Forever," and couldn't believe it when I heard Mr. Hudson singing "Forever Young." That song has been my ishh lately...he actually did a pretty good job on it too. Does anyone else like this song?

probably my favorite song in the album.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MJsaver

smh.gif

Your correct BP2 was weak, but you only named 1 album......''ALL'' his other album were at least good...Were they all classics ?? NO, good yes.
Vol. 3 and Kingdom Come are definitely below average and are albums that are definitely forgettable and let's be real Vol. 2 would beconsidered one of his worst if it didn't have Hard Knock Life and N***a What, N***a Who. Those songs are so incredible that people forget how weak the restof that album really is.

If them blueprint outtakes were on BP3 yall would be complaining bout them too.
laugh.gif

Especially #2 on some didnt Fat Joe already use that sample o jay copying Fat Joe steez

ScottHallWithAPick wrote:
What's number 2 it's on the tip of my tongue

"Take this brand new world of mine" or something. Is it dilated peoples?

Edit: Found it

Yup, immediately thought of Visionaries when i heard it.� I actually bought that album too. "if you can't say love"
pimp.gif

if most of yall take your blinders off, jays catalog isnt even impressive ... RD is the only album where you dont skip more than maybe 2 songs ... vol.2 vol.3KC BP2 all are extremely forgettable ... and the rest of his better cds have a bunch of bs skippable tracks ...

Back
Top Bottom