* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

BP3 and EOD are both B+ albums IMO...they're mad different...but I listen to them both on random and I love it that way...

Originally Posted by MJsaver

so thats the cool thing now.

just to say any Album > BP3.

SAD.

Chingy (any album)> BP3

dudes just hate on Hov for sport now days

same dudes that be talking about buying tickets when he go on tour and wishing they was in he garden last weekend

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

Big Bear- Doin Thangs > Blueprint 3

laugh.gif

Caught me off guard.

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Mr Kuter wrote:

"Labor day parade, Rest in Peace Bob Marley" Can someone explain this to me, I really dont get it.
The labor day parade celebrates Carribbean music; Soca, Reggae, and that other dancehall @%!@. I'm guessing that's the connection.
Don't know why he said it tho.

If you've never been to the parade on Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn or ever been to Crown Heights, you're not expected to get it.

It's a BK thing.

Im from LA, but Im asking so I can get it. So will you help me understand or just leave me in the dark?

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Mr Kuter wrote:

"Labor day parade, Rest in Peace Bob Marley" Can someone explain this to me, I really dont get it.
The labor day parade celebrates Carribbean music; Soca, Reggae, and that other dancehall @%!@. I'm guessing that's the connection.
Don't know why he said it tho.

If you've never been to the parade on Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn or ever been to Crown Heights, you're not expected to get it.

It's a BK thing.

Im from LA, but Im asking so I can get it. So will you help me understand or just leave me in the dark?
it sucks doesnt it? Its like "MOFo just answer the damn question!
mad.gif
"
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by Chief Ediri

Doesn't matter, Kid Cudi's album is still a better album then BP3.

The whole concept and actual production is a lot better that is for sure.

Shut up son, no one cares about your opinion.

I thought this was a discussion thread about the album, my apologies.

I'm just saying that the album didn't exceed or meet the hype it had before it was released. I like about 4-5 tracks, and love only 1 of them which isEmpire State of Mind. But the rest of the album sounds bad since I don't believe Jay even put much effort in most of the songs. Even if some songs that Ilike, the features outdo him on his own track.

this album is awful
i dont know where he was tryin to go with this but it didnt work
and this is comin from someone who thinks jay is the greatest

Originally Posted by Pmighty

and this is comin from someone who thinks jay is the greatest
I love when people stick this disclaimer in their posts, like that validates your opinion any more than anyone else's.
laugh.gif

after giving this album at least 10 spins, i think its a 3.5/5 album.

i had pretty much given up on Jigga after BP 2 and Kingdom Come, but he did come strong on this. Funny thing is there are many similarities between this andBP 1. I think he wanted to "not fail" and so stayed safe on this album.

my favorite tracks are:

1. ESOM
2. Forever Young
3. What we talking about
4. Off that
5. A star is born
6. Venus vs Mars
7. Already Home
8. Reminder

thats more than 50% of the album that IMHO is hot. A few of the other tracks are good - not great. And i just cant seem to like Hater and Real As ItGets.

However, this album has gotten more spins in a short time than MOST hip hop albums that have come out in the last 2-3 years.

kudos Young.

Fav tracks of mine:
1- What we talkin bout
2- Thank you
4- Run this town
6- Real as it gets
7- On to the next one
8- Off that
9- A star is born
11-Already Home
12-Hate
14-So ambitious

So I like 10/15.

3/5 stars.

So Ambitious kinda grew on me.... thought it was mehhh when i first started rocking to it, was one of my least fav tracks. Sometimes listening to an album inthe whip makes a big difference compared to behind cpu speakers.

So Ambitious kinda grew on me.... thought it was mehhh when i first started rocking to it, was one of my least fav tracks. Sometimes listening to an album in the whip makes a big difference compared to behind cpu speakers.

That's the case with a lot of the songs on this album. On To The Next One and Already Home especially.
sick.gif
in the whip

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

So Ambitious kinda grew on me.... thought it was mehhh when i first started rocking to it, was one of my least fav tracks. Sometimes listening to an album in the whip makes a big difference compared to behind cpu speakers.

That's the case with a lot of the songs on this album. On To The Next One and Already Home especially.
sick.gif
in the whip
REMINDER ON THE WHIP PUT THE VOLUME UP
pimp.gif
TURN UP THE BASS

Originally Posted by DA MATRIX 1

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

sick.gif
in the whip
REMINDER ON THE WHIP PUT THE VOLUME UP
pimp.gif
TURN UP THE BASS
agreed but i turn the chorus down, no lie. someone should do a touch up to that.

Back
Top Bottom