* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Hate is hilarious.....the f was Ye thinkin with that pew pew pew vroom vroom nonsense? And Reminder would be SOOOOO hard with a different hook.
TOTALLY AGREE.

Chorus KILLS that song for me. I hate the Rihanna variant wailing on the hook.
sick.gif

And lasers pew pew back up give me room room db9 vroom vroom is the %*%!!
laugh.gif

See my post a few pages back!

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

How can you say an album is not innovative if you haven't listened to it? Give it a chance before you judge it, I'm not saying you will love it but give it a chance. I didn't care for the album until I was lifted off the herb and heartless came on in the whip. I put it on blast and this was my reaction-
eek.gif
eek.gif
Once you get passed kanye's *****ing, the sound of the album is amazing. The influence of that album has already begun, trust me.
Gotta co-sign this... Gotta.

Especially them first 2 sentences.

Originally Posted by The Warehouse 13

Off topic: How come there haven't been any new Hov freestyles? Usually he drops at least 1 around the time of a new release.
"Freestyles before our album drop, we Off That..."

I'm surprised Jay ain't hitting up NY radio shows...I'm assuming he hasn't since NT hasn't mentioned it

And lasers pew pew back up give me room room db9 vroom vroom is the %*%!!
laugh.gif

LASERS PEW PEW PEW
is my favorite part of the song
along with the beat
Kanye invoked the [living] spirit of Timbaland on that one

::

Copped the $13.98 Deluxe Edition from Target today...been runnin it all day.

The bonus DVD with the interview was
eyes.gif
. But I'm glad I got it though.

I didn't know he wrote the majority of the songs for BP1 in a weekend though, %%#+ bugged me out
eek.gif

Also, anyone peep the "IV" he had tatted on his finger? Wonder what the relevance is...

^has nothing to do with there being a 4th one or anything.

Him and beyonce are both born on the 4th. And got married on the 4th. That's the tat

This album just isn't that good.

Definitely some great cuts sprinkled in there, but overall as an ALBUM, I'll probably never listen to it again the entire way through. Way too many"meh" tracks, IMO.

And I'm tired of the excuse of Jay's age, too. American Gangster dropped less than 2 years ago and that !%!$ was pure flames. This? Not so much. I'm glad I didn't spend money on this.

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Also, anyone peep the "IV" he had tatted on his finger? Wonder what the relevance is...
That 'IV' he has tattooed is a tribute to Beyonce.

It has something to do with him and her being born on the 4th day of the month they were born in, and also being married on the 4th day of the month they weremarried in....
eyes.gif

"I stretch work, yoga
You know i got it down dog
Al Roker, i used to knock pounds off"

sick.gif

After one listen album is solid, no reasonable doubt or blueprint, but still a good album

after 1 listen to this album im at 12/15 tracks i like. Maybe it will change after a couple of more listens..

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Good music doesn't have to make you
eek.gif
every bar every song either. It's no one's fault but yours if you expect to be blown away. People knock him because he isn't coming like he was on previous albums....that's fine but he's still making good MUSIC which is the entire point of his existing in the game right now. You want BP, BA, BP2, RD, etc lyricism go back and listen to them. Sure it's a subpar album for Jay....but it's still a good album. You clearly didn't listen to Run This Town....because the references were pretty
eek.gif
worthy. Nor venus vs mars....pretty slick wordplay. The reason half of the people on here get disappointed by albums....is because they go in expecting a classic everytime. When it's just not gonna happen. Heck how many classic albums have come out in the last 5 years? Like 10? That's not a high number and it shows the lunacy of constantly expecting a classic.

roll.gif

I'm upset the limited edition wasn't at the Target I went to, but I saw three people walking out the store with the album before I even got past theshopping carts, at 5:20 pm. I bought that sum *+#$! anyway and a copy for my sister.

I been staying out this thread because of all the hateful and/or stan-filled responses that come with a Jay-Z thread.

Am I the only one REALLY feeling So Ambitious?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

I'm upset the limited edition wasn't at the Target I went to, but I saw three people walking out the store with the album before I even got past the shopping carts, at 5:20 pm. I bought that sum *+#$! anyway and a copy for my sister.

I been staying out this thread because of all the hateful and/or stan-filled responses that come with a Jay-Z thread.

Am I the only one REALLY feeling So Ambitious?
nerd.gif
hell no! thats my joint right there!

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

I'm upset the limited edition wasn't at the Target I went to, but I saw three people walking out the store with the album before I even got past the shopping carts, at 5:20 pm. I bought that sum *+#$! anyway and a copy for my sister.

Am I the only one REALLY feeling "So Ambitious"?
nerd.gif
HELL NO SON! "I MIGHT HIT 2SISTERS!..."
[color= rgb(102, 102, 102)]\V/[/color]
smokin.gif
[color= rgb(102, 102, 102)]<>[/color]
pimp.gif
\V/...

And to the cats saying this sounds like "Allure", "Frontin'" or a leftoverfrom In My Mind...
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
smh.gif

Wow.. I was tempted to pick up BP3 today.. but didn't

First Jay-z album I didn't cop on release date since Vol 3

Was tempted to get the BP1 and 2 pack too but figured I already bought both of them.. why buy it again

Back
Top Bottom