* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

No way in hell this should be called blueprint 3. No way. The black album should have been titled Blueprint 3. Half of this album is trash.

Originally Posted by facemafia

i purchased the cd/dvd from target then went next door to Best Buy to purchas the package for $15 (btw, when my car was stolen so was my cd collection so i need the 1st two already)

came w/ a poster
How much is the album?? that's dope
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

The Target DVD is just Jay talking bout the album and the previous BP albums while playing blackjack.
Wish I would have know this before I copped at bestbuy...oh well it'llbe online soon or later

How many of you guys that don't like this album realize that it's not meant to be understood today? Now I'm not one to make excuses formusic. I tend to let it speak for itself. But this album is Jay-Z's forecast for the future of rap and I see what he did there. The Drake song with thehigh energy beat? That's a brilliant idea. If that concept takes off and becomes the next "in" thing, you can attribute it to Jay-Z'sinfluence. "A Star Is Born" is J. Cole "Touch The Sky"... need I say more? Jay knows what he's doing when he makes an album andit's ridiculous how slick he is with his undertones. I was listening to this CD with my cousin last night and he skipped through most of it up until liketrack 8. Then when I told him that this album was more than just music and that it's actually a culture compass, he started the album over and hiseyes lit up, real talk. You could see the light bulb go off
grin.gif
. I love this CD man. It's so tomorrow, or at least Jay--Z's perspective ofwhat tomorrow sounds like. Just look at the tracklist. Half the songs are about his legacy and what he's done and the other half are about what rap isabout to do and where it's about to go. It's brilliant, and rightfully titled The Blueprint (3), unlike the Blueprint 2 -- which was not intended (ordidn't come off as) a vision of what rap should/would sound like. My point, if you're listening to the music with the wrong perspective, don'texpect to get the bigger picture. If you don't want to see that picture, that's cool to. If you want the old Hov, buy is old albums
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Executive76

The Target DVD is just Jay talking bout the album and the previous BP albums while playing blackjack.
Wish I would have know this before I copped at bestbuy...oh well it'll be online soon or later

i didnt see the dvd/cd at my target but then again im on crutches so i grabbed the first S!!! and hoped not to fall.
bu
ON Haters right now. This S!!! is fire to me. a lil different sound then typical Hov, but Hov aint typical.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Wish I would have know this before I copped at bestbuy...oh well it'll be online soon or later

i didnt see the dvd/cd at my target but then again im on crutches so i grabbed the first S!!! and hoped not to fall.
bu
ON Haters right now. This S!!! is fire to me. a lil different sound then typical Hov, but Hov aint typical.
pimp.gif
__ What I say?!

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

How many of you guys that don't like this album realize that it's not meant to be understood today? Now I'm not one to make excuses for music. I tend to let it speak for itself. But this album is Jay-Z's forecast for the future of rap and I see what he did there. The Drake song with the high energy beat? That's a brilliant idea. If that concept takes off and becomes the next "in" thing, you can attribute it to Jay-Z's influence. "A Star Is Born" is J. Cole "Touch The Sky"... need I say more? Jay knows what he's doing when he makes an album and it's ridiculous how slick he is with his undertones. I was listening to this CD with my cousin last night and he skipped through most of it up until like track 8. Then when I told him that this album was more than just music and that it's actually a culture compass, he started the album over and his eyes lit up, real talk. You could see the light bulb go off
grin.gif
. I love this CD man. It's so tomorrow, or at least Jay--Z's perspective of what tomorrow sounds like. Just look at the tracklist. Half the songs are about his legacy and what he's done and the other half are about what rap is about to do and where it's about to go. It's brilliant, and rightfully titled The Blueprint (3), unlike the Blueprint 2 -- which was not intended (or didn't come off as) a vision of what rap should/would sound like. My point, if you're listening to the music with the wrong perspective, don't expect to get the bigger picture. If you don't want to see that picture, that's cool to. If you want the old Hov, buy is old albums
grin.gif

Come on b! Not to be understood today? Am I supposed to wake up a month or a year from now and realize it's great? I'm not gonna force feed myself tolisten to something I feel like is bad now until I like it. I feel like people make every excuse for Jay. Off That is trash, the beat is trash, at least givedrake a verse and touch the sky murders a star is born and they shouldn't even be compared just based off Lupe's verse. The dude talks about his legacyall the time. What album hasn't dude talked about his legacy since the Blueprint? It's tiring after a while. The Black album was him JUST talking abouthis legacy and how great he feels he is and how eveyone should praise him. How can it be the album of tomorrow if dude has been talking about the same @#*@ forthe last 3 or 4 albums? I understand that everyone listens to music differently and you may love it but sometimes I feel people need to be reaslistic. Off thatis trash, real as it gets is a jeezy track, on to the next one is trash(Swizz is absolute trash) Hate is absolute garbage just because of Kanye's verse(
sick.gif
) Now that I think about it off that and on to the next has the same exact concept. venus vs. mars doesn't belong on an album called the blueprint eventhough I like track. I'm reading everyones reviews on this album and I'm wondering if I'm listening to the same album. Don't get me wrong Ilove about half of the album but the other half is trash.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

How many of you guys that don't like this album realize that it's not meant to be understood today? Now I'm not one to make excuses for music. I tend to let it speak for itself. But this album is Jay-Z's forecast for the future of rap and I see what he did there. The Drake song with the high energy beat? That's a brilliant idea. If that concept takes off and becomes the next "in" thing, you can attribute it to Jay-Z's influence. "A Star Is Born" is J. Cole "Touch The Sky"... need I say more? Jay knows what he's doing when he makes an album and it's ridiculous how slick he is with his undertones. I was listening to this CD with my cousin last night and he skipped through most of it up until like track 8. Then when I told him that this album was more than just music and that it's actually a culture compass, he started the album over and his eyes lit up, real talk. You could see the light bulb go off
grin.gif
. I love this CD man. It's so tomorrow, or at least Jay--Z's perspective of what tomorrow sounds like. Just look at the tracklist. Half the songs are about his legacy and what he's done and the other half are about what rap is about to do and where it's about to go. It's brilliant, and rightfully titled The Blueprint (3), unlike the Blueprint 2 -- which was not intended (or didn't come off as) a vision of what rap should/would sound like. My point, if you're listening to the music with the wrong perspective, don't expect to get the bigger picture. If you don't want to see that picture, that's cool to. If you want the old Hov, buy is old albums
grin.gif

Come on b! Not to be understood today? Am I supposed to wake up a month or a year from now and realize it's great? I'm not gonna force feed myself to listen to something I feel like is bad now until I like it. I feel like people make every excuse for Jay. Off That is trash, the beat is trash, at least give drake a verse and touch the sky murders a star is born and they shouldn't even be compared just based off Lupe's verse. The dude talks about his legacy all the time. What album hasn't dude talked about his legacy since the Blueprint? It's tiring after a while. The Black album was him JUST talking about his legacy and how great he feels he is and how eveyone should praise him. How can it be the album of tomorrow if dude has been talking about the same @#*@ for the last 3 or 4 albums? I understand that everyone listens to music differently and you may love it but sometimes I feel people need to be reaslistic. Off that is trash, real as it gets is a jeezy track, on to the next one is trash(Swizz is absolute trash) Hate is absolute garbage just because of Kanye's verse(
sick.gif
) Now that I think about it off that and on to the next has the same exact concept. venus vs. mars doesn't belong on an album called the blueprint even though I like track. I'm reading everyones reviews on this album and I'm wondering if I'm listening to the same album. Don't get me wrong I love about half of the album but the other half is trash.

Like what you wanna like. I don't expect everyone to agree with my views.
My point, if you're listening to the music with the wrong perspective, don't expect to get the bigger picture. If you don't want to see that picture, that's cool to. If you want the old Hov, buy is old albums
grin.gif

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Man......

"Already Home" is still on repeat, song is too crazy
eek.gif

I haven't got tired of this song at all...he absolutely blacks on that last verse. Dude sounded like he definitely had some !!#@ to get off his chest.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Originally Posted by facemafia

i purchased the cd/dvd from target then went next door to Best Buy to purchas the package for $15 (btw, when my car was stolen so was my cd collection so i need the 1st two already)

came w/ a poster
How much is the album?? that's dope
pimp.gif
album its self was $13.98 and the package was $14.99

bu
pimp.gif
__ What I say?!

finished the album just a lil bit ago. Yea my dude,you was right, this joint is nice. it needs a good 2 months of spins before i do any kind ofrating/ranking but i literally liked eveything ive heard so far and again that never happens on 1st lisen. Like only flaws thus far is the beat for the intro(envisioned it different) and off that beat is everywhere.

JOINT IS FIRE
pimp.gif

How many of you guys that don't like this album realize that it's not meant to be understood today? Now I'm not one to make excuses for music.
Then don't. Seems like you're making the same excuse for this that you made for KC. It'll be appreciated or recognized as a classicyears from now when we're all 40 or some !%%#.

It's part of the BP series, he's allegedly setting up a new blueprint for hip hop albums? I'm all for a new lane in hip hop and a diff directionbut I don't want everyone jocking him and doing this !%%# cuz all of this is not good music, no theme or direction. Just a lot of new sounds being used forhim.

I thought I disagreed when somebody said right now he's only doing this for the love and nothing else but I'd seriously prefer that to him thinking hecan make this a new movement in hip hop. I said it earlier but Jay isn't gonna be the one to usher in the new era of hip hop. If this is the music he wantsto make now tho, fine let him do him. No reason to front on it and act like it's better than it is.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by ciph4

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by J To Tha

Originally Posted by The Gangsta M Crisis

Any word as to whether there will be "Limited Edition" or "Deluxe" copies in stores?

Bestbuy has The Blueprint Collection with all 3CDs for like $14.99

If this is true I will cop

If I remember correctly its BP1 and BP2 packaged together

awwwwww man fo real? im still on the fence about purchasing Blueprint 3 or jus putting it on my iTunes from my friends CD
ohwell.gif
this is true we do. im copping. along with that trey. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUP!

just went came back from Target.

I didnt see any "Delux" edition. I copped the BP1 and BP2 package which was 19.99 and comes with an extra slot for BP3.

Only 2 songs in (wish there was more traffic
laugh.gif
) ive heard you not suppose to kick a man when he's down, Well Hov just walked up to Jimmy's casket, opened it, and threw a few haymakers on his dead body.
sick.gif

bestbuy has it cheaper too.

bu
pimp.gif
__ What I say?!

finished the album just a lil bit ago. Yea my dude,you was right, this joint is nice. it needs a good 2 months of spins before i do any kind of rating/ranking but i literally liked eveything ive heard so far and again that never happens on 1st lisen. Like only flaws thus far is the beat for the intro (envisioned it different) and off that beat is everywhere.

JOINT IS FIRE
pimp.gif

Same here. I haven't even tried to rate the music. I'm still just blown away by the idea behind the album. I'll need at least 3 more months before I'm impartial enough to rate it. This Cd made me a rap fanall over again, for real.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by ciph4

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by J To Tha

Originally Posted by The Gangsta M Crisis

Any word as to whether there will be "Limited Edition" or "Deluxe" copies in stores?

Bestbuy has The Blueprint Collection with all 3CDs for like $14.99

If this is true I will cop

If I remember correctly its BP1 and BP2 packaged together

awwwwww man fo real? im still on the fence about purchasing Blueprint 3 or jus putting it on my iTunes from my friends CD
ohwell.gif
this is true we do. im copping. along with that trey. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUP!

just went came back from Target.

I didnt see any "Delux" edition. I copped the BP1 and BP2 package which was 19.99 and comes with an extra slot for BP3.

Only 2 songs in (wish there was more traffic
laugh.gif
) ive heard you not suppose to kick a man when he's down, Well Hov just walked up to Jimmy's casket, opened it, and threw a few haymakers on his dead body.
sick.gif

bestbuy has it cheaper too.

wasnt open yea...aint have time to waste
laugh.gif

thx tho

edit: No BP2 didnt change music like or "usher" in a new sound like BP has and BP3 will, but its a great collection of songs.

I need dates for these TV appearances Leno etc
word, hope i can use my moms DVR

It's brilliant, and rightfully titled The Blueprint (3), unlike the Blueprint 2 -- which was not intended (or didn't come off as) a vision of what rap should/would sound like.
I agree with a lot of your points but about the bolded section right there...
you don't think "Excuse Me Miss" didn't switch the WHOLE game up?? and Idon't mean JUST the music either

::

Originally Posted by Master Zik

How many of you guys that don't like this album realize that it's not meant to be understood today? Now I'm not one to make excuses for music.
Then don't. Seems like you're making the same excuse for this that you made for KC. It'll be appreciated or recognized as a classic years from now when we're all 40 or some !%%#.

It's part of the BP series, he's allegedly setting up a new blueprint for hip hop albums? I'm all for a new lane in hip hop and a diff direction but I don't want everyone jocking him and doing this !%%# cuz all of this is not good music, no theme or direction. Just a lot of new sounds being used for him.

I thought I disagreed when somebody said right now he's only doing this for the love and nothing else but I'd seriously prefer that to him thinking he can make this a new movement in hip hop. I said it earlier but Jay isn't gonna be the one to usher in the new era of hip hop. If this is the music he wants to make now tho, fine let him do him. No reason to front on it and act like it's better than it is.

That's so false...
laugh.gif

I'll say this one more time. I'm not even trying to convince anybody of anything. Let me use Jthgreat as an example real quick. That man has the sameopinion of the 1st BP as I do. He just does. I didn't convince him or anything. Because he sees that album the way I do, he relates to why I see BP3 theway I do. I'm willing to bet that more than a few people agree with me. I'll use Reasonable Doubt as precedence here. A lot of Jay-Z's brillianceis under appreciated at first. I myself did not even almost like RD until after The Blueprint.

How come some people don't like Real as it gets? #%+@ is nice to me

& man ESOM is so dope, #%+@ got me vibing like i was from NYC
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ZSong

It's brilliant, and rightfully titled The Blueprint (3), unlike the Blueprint 2 -- which was not intended (or didn't come off as) a vision of what rap should/would sound like.
I agree with a lot of your points but about the bolded section right there...
you don't think "Excuse Me Miss" didn't switch the WHOLE game up?? and I don't mean JUST the music either

::
Continuing my metaphor... that's my favorite chapter in a very poorly structured book. I LOVE that song. I don't know if it had muchcultural impact though. Enlighten me.

grin.gif
grin.gif

That's Kanye's work not him. Kanye is music's Warhole, he transforms pop music into a hip-hop form. Jay has no part in that. Unfortunatly thisboard only listens to hip-hop so it fails to realize this is hip-hop conforming to where music as a whole is headed, not Jay predicting where music will be. Iknow a lot of y'all in in the midwest and in butt**** nowhere but the electro sound on this album is something we really haven't heard from Jay before,but that is where music as a whole is headed. You go to any other country in the world, and despite the regional music that have, it is straight electro music.

Jay's rapping on this album sucks. Point blank.

Back
Top Bottom