* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I have a question for NT. Do you think that because someone is under you in ranking he/she can't inspire you in whatever it is you do? Cause that's howy'all come off w/ this Big Sean/Kanye thing.

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

Ye is probably my favorite artist to listen to, but i'm tellin you that he either took a bit of Sean's style or Sean is writing for him. The wordplay is to similar. CuDi wrote on 808's too, so it's not like Ye doesn't get any help when it comes to that.

I've been thinking this for a while, didn't want to say it though. Big Sean mite of not wrote it, but I definitely think it's Big Sean influenced.Who knows though, it's
pimp.gif
either way.

sick.gif

Song is wack.

Sounds like a watered down "Knock Me Down".

And I used to joke about the *+!% but I think Kanye is actually spitting harder than "the God".

Jay is a confusing dude tho'....taking this anti-everything stance on "DOA" then coming out with "Umbrella 2" as your VERY NEXTsingle....
eek.gif
laugh.gif

jay is washed ..

jordan_wizards-150x150.jpg
hakeem_raptors-150x150.jpg
ewing_magic-150x150.jpg
wilkins_magic-150x150.jpg

he's not any worse than anybody else spitting (that fab album is basura btw) but he not spitting like he use to ..

reasonable doubt probably the lyrical peak of hip hop complexity wise ...

corporate takeover freestyle on flex probably the best bars ever put together ...

hes clearly the greatest ... but give it up B

ima go listen to hovi baby on you tube .....
pimp.gif

Man, I don't see what some of you dudes see in Ye's verse, I mean it's okay but no quotables and no real lyrical substance to it. Maybeeveryone's just happy that Hov didn't clearly outshine Ye one more time.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

sick.gif

Song is wack.

And I used to joke about the *+!% but I think Kanye is actually spitting harder than "the God".

Jay is a confusing dude tho'....taking this anti-everything stance on "DOA" then coming out with "Umbrella 2" as your VERY NEXT single....
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
u know this dont sound nothin like umbrella or knock medown
Rhianna n Kanye killed it
Its just jay was jus avg.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

sick.gif

Song is wack.

Jay is a confusing dude tho'....taking this anti-everything stance on "DOA" then coming out with "Umbrella 2" as your VERY NEXT single....
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
u know this dont sound nothin like umbrella or knock me down
Rhianna n Kanye killed it
Its just jay was jus avg.
Sad thing is he was dead serious when he said that too lol

nothing about this song is impressive besides the beat. Rihanna's voice is tolerable & annoying at the same time, Kanye was aight (yall overhyping hisverse), and Jay was coasting.

Song is
pimp.gif
imo. At first i was like ehh but then after givin it a couplemore spins, song is dope. Kanye did killed it.

'Ye went in?

And I'm a huge fan.

After a couple of spins, I've determined that the song sucks in every aspect.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

nothing about this song is impressive besides the beat. Rihanna's voice is tolerable & annoying at the same time, Kanye was aight (yall overhyping his verse), and Jay was coasting.

Too much hate. Im not even a big Jay fan, DOA wasnt all that to me. I was expecting something super commercial but nah man nah...%%+# is CRACK. Beat is justvicious. Ye killed it. Jay was ight but the song is great to me. 4.5/5

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ye killed it, I didn't really expect a deep introspective verse from jay on this type of beat

Riri wasn't bad either

indifferent.gif
@ people saying hov didnt go in on this track
he killed that song and so did ye
thats what i dont get sometimes, its like just cuz one dude goes in kinda nice its like the other dude was automatically wack
for example, "renegade" eminem was crazy on that one but hov went nuts on that *#* too but yet people just say em killed jay
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Flight8403

indifferent.gif
@ people saying hov didnt go in on this track
he killed that song and so did ye
thats what i dont get sometimes, its like just cuz one dude goes in kinda nice its like the other dude was automatically wack
for example, "renegade" eminem was crazy on that one but hov went nuts on that *#* too but yet people just say em killed jay
roll.gif

He did kill jay not sayin that jays verse was bad but em just went that much harder especially since ems verse was a year old and he still got murked likethat.
Jay did not kill this song. It wasnt bad nor great. Kanye's verse was better and he outdid jay thatssss not sayin jay's verse was whack cuz it wasnt.

Back
Top Bottom