The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

Flightposites have always been my favorite of all of the posite shoes, but these are pretty bad. I think Nike usually does a pretty good job on most retros, keeping true to the original models except for these. I never got a pair of the originals, but will pass on these. The carbon fiber print is what makes these flightposites one of the best posites and Nike did not do it justice at all. I simply cannot justify paying 200+ for shoes that look like variants/replicas.

HUH?????

yeah, these are pretty bad, you can see it's print from the pics and not texture. CF aren't even my favorite FP1 but I appreciated the texture more over the years. We should know by now to not expect that type of care in a retro. How much will it take for us to say no more and stop buying and literally force them to do better? The more I think about it, the crazier it seems. They need to get outta here with that price increase, disrespecting that shoe like that :smh:  . You can't even call it carbon fiber, call it carbon fiber print, that's more accurate.

Exactly. And, props to the people holding out here. I pretty much wind up only buying standard retro stuff if I can get it on the cheap now.

Here's the rub though - when it comes to hyped retro releases, demand still outstrips supply. So - and I'll admit this 100% - I still find myself copping pairs to sell later on. Yes. Dreaded reselling! ...Frankly, if some know-nothng teeny bopper is going to be willing to pay twice MSRP for some hideous Fresh Prince 5s, why not get it? I don't respect the new generation of collectors, and I don't respect what Nike is doing - has been doing - to their classics, so what "code" is left to obey? If Nike is going to desecrate their legacy in the eyes of those who made them what they are, and dumb kids are going to pay through the nose for Instragram likes, what's left for OGs but to eat off the circus, right?\.. I only get into this because that sort of false flags for Nike. I'm trying for those limited releases at 8AM on Saturday too, and therefore increasing the demand - in Nike's eyes that indistinguishable from a vote of support for that shoe (and frankly, they don't care what you do with it once they get theirs anyway). So, I've already made my decisions, but as long as there are hoards of the weak and dumb, the only way to beat them is by joining them.

Question for everyone. What's more authentic in your eyes. These that are made by Nike but has obvious changes or a pair not made by Nike (fake) but maintains the CF and outsole? Not advocating fakes but Nike is becoming a joke. Bootleggers are constantly trying to improve and make better quality products to mask the fact there fake. Nike is taking high quality products and constantly looking for ways to use cheaper materials and cut corners to sell at higher prices. I always laugh when someone says fakes are getting better. Are they or is Nike just getting worse?

Nothing not made by Nike is anything resembling authentic. Nothing made with authentic Nike materials by Nike workers without the go-ahead from Nike is even remotely authentic. The concept of a brand is abstract. Physical accuracy or consistency is only the most superficial factor that matters. These are perfectly authentic - they just suck. Bootleggers could create the greatest product ever - they could perfectly replicate every one of Nike's greatest achievements. They'd all be 100% fake.

Last edited:
I understand that. I asked the question wrong. Authentic was a poor choice of words.

This sucks.... the Carbon Print looks like a glossy laminate and the outsole is just terrible.

These will not be bought by me and I would have doubled up if they were truer to the OG. I really hope they fix that outsole if they plan on releasing more FP1 colorways.

It's too bad they are print. I had the ogs and unfortunately sold them a long time ago. Have been waiting for the rerelease but def going to pass on these. I'm sure they will still sell out due to hype and the youngins

Question for everyone. If given the choice what would you rather have? These that are made by Nike but has obvious changes or a pair not made by Nike (fake) but maintains the CF and outsole? Not advocating fakes but Nike is becoming a joke. Bootleggers are constantly trying to improve and make better quality products to mask the fact there fake. Nike is taking high quality products and constantly looking for ways to use cheaper materials and cut corners to sell at higher prices. I always laugh when someone says fakes are getting better. Are they or is Nike just getting worse?

Are you really asking if we prefer well made fakes over nike?
:smh:

On another note,
Is there a release date yet?

You obviously didn't read or can't comprehend well. It's a hypothetical question. I'll explain so you can understand. Let's say a knockoff operation could recreate the OG CF FP1 exactly. Would you prefer the Nike retro or the non Nike one? The reason I asked is these retros are grade A prime garbage IMO. Comparing the retro to the OG is akin to comparing the OG to a knockoff pair IMO. I apologize for not bending over and accepting a garbage retro at a higher price if that makes your emoticon feel better.

I dunno if I would rock fakes.... but these retros look faker than fakes :lol:

Pure garbage :x
Me either. It's just an interesting question IMO. Nike is producing shoes that a few years ago would have been laughed at and something a knockoff company would make.

im one to go hard against fakes but nike went so off course on these that if someone offered me a carbon copy of the og flightposite 1s, Id probably make that happen.

Last edited:
im one to go hard against fakes but nike went so off course on these that if someone offered me a carbon copy of the og flightposite 1s, Id probably make that happen.
You sir are a true fan of the shoe itself. It's not about just the brand. That was the point of the question. Is it the shoe or brand loyalty. I love the OG and won't buy these to just fill a void in my collection. Not the same shoe.

I wanted to add that I understand their are some who weren't into shoes, couldn't afford or even alive when the OG released. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to spend their money either. My views on this retro are my own. More power to those who want them.

New pics from Sneakergaga via CounterKicks.

flightposite-1-carbon-fiber-1.jpg

flightposite-1-carbon-fiber-2.jpg
flightposite-1-carbon-fiber-6.jpg

flightposite-1-carbon-fiber-3.jpg

flightposite-1-carbon-fiber-5.jpg

flightposite-1-carbon-fiber-4.jpg

You sir are a true fan of the shoe itself. It's not about just the brand. That was the point of the question. Is it the shoe or brand loyalty. I love the OG and won't buy these to just fill a void in my collection. Not the same shoe.
I see what you're getting at, Bow... but for me, I don't know if I could wear fakes.  It'd have to be a pretty special shoe (and replicated properly; none of that wrong-shape BS) for me to consider it.  

Having said that, for these... I'd probably wear the "takedown" version (Solo Flight), which had a great carbon print, rather than these Flightposites. 

Last edited:
That outsole looks so damn terrible. :x

Anyone else notice the neoprene layer on these looks like it comes up way too high around the ankle ?

That outsole looks so damn terrible. :x

Anyone else notice the neoprene layer on these looks like it comes up way too high around the ankle ?
I noticed in these new pics. This is a shoe that's gonna split the "old heads" from the "new blood". Why couldn't Nike due this shoe justice like the 1st Penny Foam retro in 07.

That outsole looks so damn terrible.
sick.gif

Yep, especially in the 4th pic with it folding back onto the tongue. 
indifferent.gif

Just another reason for me to pass... 

Might be the same height, just the foam is probably cut lower...

yea... as reality sits in, i find myself more and more likely to pass. game time decision for sure but these definitely look bad. its not ifs and or whats about it.... they look bad.

2 pairs of these will probably be around 450. Now add that to whatever other crappy foams or flights you may decide to double up on and get the OG. OG>4 pairs of retro posites. You'll be the envy of all your friends then! Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom