The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

SO GLAD I COPPED ALL THE OG COLORWAYS BACK IN 08… THIS LIKE PUTTING A NIKE DUNK SOLE ON FOAMPOSITE ONES
Yeah, if you didn't cop in '07 or '08, then you're SOL, and even then I wasn't a fan of the material because it still wasn't the same but that was to be expected. 

I really don't understand the thought process. It's not like they can't reproduce the shoe as it once was. We've seen CF on other sneakers done right. This shoe is popular because of the CF but it's printed on? I remember the PA Palace days and thought the prices were to high at the time. Looking back now I would have gladly pulled the trigger for the OG pair. I think the people who agree this is a disaster should take over this thread and voice our displeasure every chance we get until it's released.

I really don't understand the thought process. It's not like they can't reproduce the shoe as it once was. We've seen CF on other sneakers done right. This shoe is popular because of the CF but it's printed on? I remember the PA Palace days and thought the prices were to high at the time. Looking back now I would have gladly pulled the trigger for the OG pair. I think the people who agree this is a disaster should take over this thread and voice our displeasure every chance we get until it's released.
I feel how you do, but it's way beyond that now. They know that whatever they put out, it will sell to some degree. Even if the shoe backfires, they turn around and put on ONE FP 1 that's true to the OG in limited amounts, make sure a rapper wears it, put it on all social media, and make it a twitter link only release, when you strike out, all that's left are the wack pairs. Those that are desperate enough for these will then turn to find those and they will disappear enough. That's their formula. It works without fail. We've seen it time and time again. They lurk this board for research and for as much people that hate it, there are enough people who haven't been into shoes long enough to dislike it and express their displeasure and not buy. Until shoes that aren't true to the original release sit on the shelves and rot in droves, this is what it's going to be unfortunately.

I feel how you do, but it's way beyond that now. They know that whatever they put out, it will sell to some degree. Even if the shoe backfires, they turn around and put on ONE FP 1 that's true to the OG in limited amounts, make sure a rapper wears it, put it on all social media, and make it a twitter link only release, when you strike out, all that's left are the wack pairs. Those that are desperate enough for these will then turn to find those and they will disappear enough. That's their formula. It works without fail. We've seen it time and time again. They lurk this board for research and for as much people that hate it, there are enough people who haven't been into shoes long enough to dislike it and express their displeasure and not buy. Until shoes that aren't true to the original release sit on the shelves and rot in droves, this is what it's going to be unfortunately.

I think this sums it up well. I've slowed down buying sneakers dramatically in the last couple of years for this reason and don't regret it at all. It's fine if they want to run their business that way I just choose not to spend my money on it.

I'm cool on these. I don't like the "carbon fiber" print. That's a damn disgrace. I'll stay with my charcoals tyvm.

View media item 683212
I had this exact pair back in 2000 my 8th grade year.. These were my first ever flightposite.. I was so in love with this shoe back then. I remember these went on sale in the clearance racks back then..

i'm sure it's way too late to change them. judging from the tags, they're already done in production and waiting for shipment/release.

Guys Nike is going to cut corners on every retro, it's not new to us.. Of course the retro will not be identical to the OG...

Sorry...this has come out of nowhere...

I will do some investigating and see what I can dig up...

FP1 is my #1 and never had a pair of Carbon Fiber's...

Like everyone else...not happy about the changes, but will buy them regardless...

JM

JM... Go talk to the people that need to be talked to... Have them scrap this ****, and re do em right. Pleeeez :smile:

JM... Go talk to the people that need to be talked to... Have them scrap this ****, and re do em right. Pleeeez :smile:
I wouldn't mind waiting longer to have a proper retro. Scrap these or send them strait to outlets. Give us the real CF FP1 retro.

I can get past the cf print because there's different types of cf patterns, but the outsole bothers me.

THANKS JM AND LIKE s dubl SAID… PLEASE TALK TO WHOEVER CAN PERSUADE THEM TO CORRECT THAT MIDSOLE

i would wait for the 2015 re-retro just like i'm waiting for 2015 Mag's.
69990-Star-Trek-nod-approve-gif-Capt-msON.gif

I'm surprised Gentry hasn't fashioned an all carbon Foam 1 yet.

He butchered the hell out of the Weatherman series.

They should consider a proper treatment and not this abomination of the '13 Flightposites

Someone PS a Foam 1 CF stylee PRONTO!!

:smh:

Question for everyone. If given the choice what would you rather have? These that are made by Nike but has obvious changes or a pair not made by Nike (fake) but maintains the CF and outsole? Not advocating fakes but Nike is becoming a joke. Bootleggers are constantly trying to improve and make better quality products to mask the fact there fake. Nike is taking high quality products and constantly looking for ways to use cheaper materials and cut corners to sell at higher prices. I always laugh when someone says fakes are getting better. Are they or is Nike just getting worse?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom