THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

He got held back with No Limit and Young Money. He's trying to hold back other talented artists from New Orleans. Roddy and Trademark don't count as

a) they aren't talented

b) he isn't threatened by them.

There are some personal stories I could tell you but I don't think that's my place to tell, either Spitta or the guys involved could tell you, I just saw/heard (in person).

chilled couphee
pimp.gif

Pilot Talk just got Best New Music on pitchfork...i'd say that's a pretty good look if he's lookin for some more sales and fans

Just got back from his hot box of a show.
K.R.I.T. & Nesby held it down. Damn near everyone
knew Krits tape. Show was real chill, but just hot as all hell.

pimp.gif

MAAAAAAN...

i finally got my album...

ran in here to post that i love this friggin album SOOOO much..

i jam every track but Life under the scope...

and that's cuz it was on Smokee Robinson...

i got love for the homey...

much appreciated....

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

i'm saying though who could curren$y really put on?
laugh.gif
.....he aint even on like that
I'll rephrase. 
He's salting. 

There's a group out of New Orleans (I don't particularly like their music, nor do I support them or will I mention their name) but their manager has some connects with a radio station up in NY and he's been trying to get their music played because radio play down here (Louisiana) is damn near irrelevant if your song doesn't accompany a dance.

Basically, the chick he's connected with at the station sent him a txt back saying "spitta's been telling me NOT to spin those records, those kids are wack, there's no good music coming out of N.O. etc"... but he doesn't say that stuff down here. He talks about how he's trying to put on for the city, wants to see everybody get he shine they deserve.

And the chick has nothing to gain by telling dude down here that because he has nothing to offer her, he's the one who needs the favor.

he also said some sideways stuff to one of my homies like on some "who are you?" type stuff, when I know for a fact dude and him used to be TIGHT. this one dude in particular even got a shout out from Spitta in one of his XXL articles regarding who was up and coming out of new orleans.

Like I said, I wish him all the best, I just don't really support him anymore because he's cried for years about how messed up this game is, how it's all cutthroat and then he's doing the same sideways stuff to other young artists. Guys who are just as talented as he is/was

And I can't really fault him because dude is 30 YEARS OLD and a ton of OG's in the music industry and other industries where "selling out" is so forbidden have always told me "man, if you get to the point where you're like 30, have been grinding, need to support yourself/family and you see a chance, sell the fxxk out". I guess dude just got tired of waiting and might be afraid other artists out of New Orleans might take some of the spotlight off him. 

Who knows. I can't speak for that man. I can just go off of what I know.

Was just talkin to this dude who seen me [||] at the Curren$y show about how it seems like Spitta changed up his attitude a lil bit. He's still a chill dude for the most part, but u can see the "Hollywood" startin to get to him. Idk if its just that or Dame & other people are gettin in his head.

DEAD at trademark blanking on his OWN verse

and DEAD x 1000 at the kids dissapointed look when it happens

roll.gif

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Pilot Talk just got Best New Music on pitchfork...i'd say that's a pretty good look if he's lookin for some more sales and fans
pimp.gif

and to dude talking about hot box of a show, that was the perfect way to describe the Wiz show i did
laugh.gif

^ That Nothin But Us been out for a min, before PT dropped, but it sounds diff from the joint in the vid.
Originally Posted by young dr0

aye Spike ..

do you remember what song KRIT performed?

He did like 3-4 of the hottest tracks off the tape, don't kno the exact names, kuz I
Haven't bumped the tape enough, but that one track "Its the return" had _'s goin ham.

I *+$!%+ with Curren$y heavy... I put mad cats onto this dude.

I will be supportin this cats music...

Anyone know his affiliation with Dame Dash tho? I watch the Creative Control Videos on Vimeo and he's always chillin with Dash.

Back
Top Bottom