THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

Putting this & Covert Coupe on a CD along with that song, Fetti with Freddie Gibbs from Alchemists Los Santos album. Nothing but Curren$y & ALC tracks :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
smoking in the rain 
pimp.gif

Alc showed out as usual. 

Even blessed us with that Last Trip to scottland sample at the end of 93 AMG. 

Really good tape. I'm pretty log-jammed with Curren$y's stuff, so this is really the first thing I've listened to from him since Pilot Talk 3. More than solid tape, can never go wrong with ALC.

Best spitta tape in a minute. Anytime these two link up its magic every time. Oh btw, this > Covert Coup.

Covert Coup is so overrated on NT I swear man. Lol solid tape no doubt. Success is My Cologne, Ventilation, Smoke Break, and Full Metal goes for sure. Everything else (yes including Scottie pippen) is just OK to me personally. Besides that though I definitely agree this is his best tape since Drive in Theatre. So happy the homie bounced back from that disappointing *** Canal Street Confidential.

I used to be critical of CC when it first dropped but like homie said, it has its own aura. It grew on me over the years.

Hate to rank his stuff. Try to stay true to the JETS motto but I'd give CC the edge over Carrollton Heist. Beats are equal but the raps are better on CC imo.

Alchemist did his thing on this one. So atmospheric.

Spitta did it again. I mean what more can I say. Guy has been doing it for years now. Most consistent artist in the game.

His work ethic is something else, son said on Hot 97 that he does like 6 shows a week. Tours year around. So it seems to me when he takes a sabbatical from touring he goes straight to the booth.

Son just doesn't stop grinding and that's admirable. A lot of artists in his position would've gotten complacent by now. Spitta stays grounded and keeps his eyes on the prize.

:smokin

Listening to Jet Files at the gym and The Seventies just came on. Damn Spitta murked that one.

I actually really like Styles verse on Disappearing Ink. He made that song :smokin

Soon as I listened to Carrollton Heist I knew Black Rally Stripes and The Mack Book were the chosen songs

Back
Top Bottom