THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

I feel like Mac only gets better and better...dude never stopped improving. And he's a hell of a performer too.

But back to Spitta, where y'all rank New Jet City? One of my all time favorites.

Spitta really doesn't have many, if any wack tapes per say but I easily rank new jet city towards the bottom. From Verde Terrace, Priest Andretti, Drive in Theatre, Return to the Winners Circle, Weekend at Burnies, Smokey Robinson, 3 Piece Set, etc (can easily name 10 more) are all just better to me.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head? None I can really think of. But as a true spitta fan TO ME that was a tape he dropped to reach a wider audience. TO ME he's at his best when he has a theme behind the tape whether it be a movie, car, or something and when he throws a few random old hip hop beats on there your average fan wouldn't know where the beat originally came from. Projects like Stoned Immaculate, new jet city, Canal Street Confidential are all him trying to reach a more mainstream audience. And absolutely nothing is wrong with that.

New Jet City has nothing to do with new jack city though besides the intro.. Just a play on words for the name.

Last edited:
Damn forgot how nicely Juve floated on ***** get up. Was like his final victory lap to his career :pimp:

Juve kiiillllled that track man.. Damn I rocked with new jet city hard..

Juve track was easily my favorite and his verse the best... His flow on that beat just went together so well.

Yeah Spitta really incorporated Superfly on Priest Andretti, joint played out like the modern day soundtrack to the movie (won't EVER replace the actual soundtrack tho). To be it's definitely better than NJC.

Amongst my favorites: Verde Terrace > Smokee Robinson > Priest Andretti > Cigarette Boats > NJC > 3 Piece Set but Curren$y doesn't have a bad mixtape, at least not since Independence Day. 

Priest Andretti is towards the bottom of Curren$y mixtapes, not cause it was bad just cause I hate long intros into songs sometimes lol.

But anyways my mixtape list goes like this...

Covert Coupe
Cigarette Boats
The Drive In Theatre
New Jet City
Bales
Saturday Night Car Tunes

Everything else is hard to put into order & changes all the time

I feel like Cigarette Boats is really underrated

Hmmmmmmmmmm man

Covert coup (I mean yo, Yall already know :lol:)

New jet city

Priest Andretti(stainless is my ****)

Here ep

Verde terrance

Just heard Spitta on the radio for the first time, some song with Wayne and August Alsina. Glad to see him getting his due out here

New Jet City and Priest Andretti are neck and neck.

There's probably not a day that goes by that I'm not listening to "These *******" or "Money Machine pt 2"

New Jet City and Priest Andretti are neck and neck.

There's probably not a day that goes by that I'm not listening to "These *******" or "Money Machine pt 2"

I agree, I'll give the nod to Priest tho. Probably because I watched Superfly so many times. :lol:

he went in over shynes "commission"   
pimp.gif
..never heard this one before

he went in over shynes "commission"  :pimp: ..never heard this one before

Thats from the Here EP

Aint know that was Shynes beat since I never really cared for him like that

Curren$y has went over alot of ppls beats even some random unexpected ppl like Beastie Boys & Beck :lol:

The Carrollton Heist is sounding really good based on the snippets. Reminds me of Drive in Theatre. Real smooth but I'm sure Alc has some more grimey beats in the chamber.

Back
Top Bottom