The Official COD:MW2 Thread vol. X-hours left!

Originally Posted by Dakingii

They still need to fix the re-spawn points on this game though.

Majority of the deaths i have are from someone i just killed and re-spawned close to me.

Its not somethin that's gonna be fixed.. If an enemy is camping the spawn then it is what it is.
Also tactical insertions can be used. It really depends on the game mode
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Cookie

OrenthalJames
instead of using red dot what attachment are you using. i don't see anything worth using and red dot sight just makes things so much easier
iron sights, and a silencer thats it
pimp.gif

RDS is better than holo though.

RDS initially is easy to aim but as soon as you shoot or if you are getting shot, the recoil twitches more than iron sights. Also (not that big of an issue,but) RDS blocks some peripheral views.

Holos are the worst. They take up your entire screen on some ARs. Its reflective, so on some maps (ie Afghan) if you turn and the light hits your gun, the holoreflects sort of like a glossy screen laptop. The dot itself is nice but just like the RDS, it recoils when getting shot or shooting the only difference isholos are even worse with that.

I wish attachments were like the Grenade launcher. Where you can press the left direction botton and it would attach a ACOG or detach an ACOG

Dream Class:
Fammas w/ Silencer
ACOG scope as a left directional button attachment
Scavenger
Stopping power
Ninja

would be dope
pimp.gif

-The Juice

^^ What do you mean left directoinal button attachment?

dont u need bling to attach both silencer and ACOG?

Originally Posted by the north west

he means that he wishes that there was a feature where you could attach the scope like you could a grenade launcher
exactly.

Like if I was using an ACR with a silencer and as my attachment perk I would have the ACOG. During the middle of the game I use the ACR and then when I want toget a long range shot, I press the left direction button and attach the ACOG. I get my kill, press left and detach the ACOG, and continue moving.

I understand that there is One Man Army Pro but that requires you to pause the game and then select your gun, I would imagine putting your attachment in theLeft button slot would be much quicker.

Maybe update One Man Army and put it as a directional slot?
Press up once for your 1st class, twice for your 2nd class, 3 times for 3rd class, etc that way you dont have to pause during gameplay.

-The Juice

Is Danger Close Pro really worth it? Like can you tell the improvements of your harrier and chopper gunner?? Because I don't know if I want to replace itwith Stopping Power since I rock with the M16.

Originally Posted by Grimey

Is Danger Close Pro really worth it? Like can you tell the improvements of your harrier and chopper gunner?? Because I don't know if I want to replace it with Stopping Power since I rock with the M16.
test it out. I would have no idea since I don't use CP. Are you using silencers? if not then "technically" Stopping Power isntnecessarily needed on the M16.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Maps I hate:
- Derail
- Wasteland
- Sub Base
- Karachi
Those are the onlyyyy maps i play.

I said it before, there is no rotation of maps. Theres a map or 2 i havent played in months even. I dont know the names of them though

Originally Posted by SURE LOCK 510

Originally Posted by Dakingii

They still need to fix the re-spawn points on this game though.

Majority of the deaths i have are from someone i just killed and re-spawned close to me.

Its not somethin that's gonna be fixed.. If an enemy is camping the spawn then it is what it is.
Also tactical insertions can be used. It really depends on the game mode
ohwell.gif
Nal they fixed this same issue in COD4 so im pretty sure they can do it on this one too.

IMO I think: Rust, Terminal, Quarry, and Scrapyard are the best maps to play on easier to find other players and there's a lot of fast paced action

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

is it true the silencer weakens the gun power? I know its range goes down a bit, but the power stays the same on their meter
DO NOT ABIDE BY THE GUN STATS IN THE GAME!

The in-game stats are so wrong. Proof: Model 1887's range, and the damage of the Fammas. If you are looking at the stats on the Fammas it says the damage is significantly lower than other ARs, but in reality it deals the SAME amount of damage as the AK47 and the M16. So never go by game stats, you have to just try out every gun for yourself.

If you put a silencer on your gun it only weakens the damage on "longshots" only because from long range the bullet drops, meaning if you shoot 4 bullets ....then maybe only 2 of those bullets will hit your target. In result you have to pull the trigger some more. Put stopping power on your gun if you have a silencer and it wont be that much of an issues.

also, iron sights >>>>>>>>>> Red dot sights/holo sights

-The Juice
*Cue Arnold "wrong" gif.

Can't see #@#$ without the red dot or holographic sight
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

I understand that there is One Man Army Pro but that requires you to pause the game and then select your gun, I would imagine putting your attachment in the Left button slot would be much quicker.

When you use One Man Army you lose your secondary weapon and you have to press Triangle(Y on the 360 remote) to switch classes.

Originally Posted by WarMachine

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Putting a silencer on a gun doeslower he damage. Easy way to test this is by using a sniper with a silencer and without. You will quickly tell the difference.

It doesn't lower the damage it lowers the range and if you're sniping, Stopping Power is a must.
It does lower damage. Not just damage from a far range but close as well. My and my bro caught this quick way back in COD4. Set up private matchestesting this theory because we always felt enemies ate more bullets with the silencer even at mid range. If you look at past updates for COD4, you'll seethey had to lower the damage on the Acog scope. Just as the silencer makes guns weaker, the Acog made guns stronger. The same applies in this game. Take theStats with a grain of salt because as said already, guns like the famas and models don't behave like the stats. Having akimbo models with FMJ shouldn'tincrease the range, yet it does.

Here's an example of the way attachments acted in COD4. I'm sure there is a website stating how they act in MW2 as well.
Attaching the ACOG Scope on the M40A3 increases its base damage from 70 to 75

http://www.cod4central.com/cod4-weapons-m40a3.php

As I have already mentioned, the RDS(red dot sight), when on the AK-47, decreases its power.

http://www.cod4central.com/cod4-weapons-ak47.php

I never messed w/ ACOG anyways so that doesnt bother me...

But I know that it takes more than 1 shot to the head with a silenced sniper when not using Stopping Power...

Glitched matched where all I used was the Famas with the red dot sight and one man army pro(im at the top). One burst and you're dead. End of story. Theassists where from airstrikes and nades..flashbangs..etc

yeah, thats what I thought after using them even though there meters say otherwise. You guys use the iron sights too?

Back
Top Bottom