The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

B3B88B82-F0AC-4165-B1A9-1044505E527D.png

it smashed OPs all time sales record in half a year and ends it’s run at its absolute peak hype. Legendary run
to be fair, Demon Slayer was/is also packaging their manga with qposkets and other collectibles that are extremly rare and resell dumb expensive.
but to smash the others like this is extremly impressive, im about to start the manga myself.

to be fair, Demon Slayer was/is also packaging their manga with qposkets and other collectibles that are extremly rare and resell dumb expensive.
but to smash the others like this is extremly impressive, im about to start the manga myself.

Yeah the number is wild, but with the series ending and it being short, people are probably going back and buying complete sets which runs up the numbers too. Congrats to that mangaka though I'm glad they got to stick to their guns and weren't pressured to try to find a way to extend the series. Probably helped that by the time the anime came and helped the series catch fire the end game was already in motion. The simplicity and linear story line are definitely a selling point and refreshing in an industry where popular series just keep growing in scale of plot lines and characters to keep up with.

leb13 leb13 - more respect needs to be put on Kingdoms name
Im_being_sarcastic_bitch.gif

For sure. First it got a terrible anime adaption and right when they start adapting the coalition war arc it gets delayed from Covid. Hara is supervising this season too, so maybe we'll finally see it. I think the manga comes back from break next week too.

I'm wondering how long the last season is gonna be. There's a lot of post time skip stuff to fit in 2 cours.

I really hope they don’t rush this season tho. I’m hoping for 24 episodes because it can’t be any less. I’m wondering if they’ll split the season again into 2 parts there’s no way they can fit all of this into 13 episodes.

I gotta throw you a like, cuz not many people ready for Shin Angyo Onshi, in my personal top 3.
1. Ares
2. Shin Angyo Onshi
3. Tengo Tenge
Ares was ******* great. Might need to reread.

Gonna put Tengo Tenge on the list.

That ending for Shin Angyo Onshi though. Main character's end was like a real man.

I gotta throw you a like, cuz not many people ready for Shin Angyo Onshi, in my personal top 3.
1. Ares
2. Shin Angyo Onshi
3. Tengo Tenge

Gonna check these out. Need to decide if I read them now or finish 20th century boys first since I keep pushing it back.

Depends on where you're at with 20th.

All are solid long but not too long reads but none nowhere as long as 20th Century Boys (plus you'll have to read 21st century boys to conclude the story).

Depends on where you're at with 20th.

All are solid long but not too long reads but none nowhere as long as 20th Century Boys (plus you'll have to read 21st century boys to conclude the story).

I'm like 40 chapters in or so. Right after Otcho returns to Japan

I'm like 40 chapters in or so. Right after Otcho returns to Japan
Damn. Maybe you should stop and check those others first. It would be pushing 20th back but its a long and repetitively satisfying story.

I think then it'd come down to how fast you read and how much free time you have.

I'd suggest

Shin Angyo Onshi (75 chaps)
Tenjo Tenge (130+ chaps)
20th Century Boys
Ares (205 chaps)

Damn. Maybe you should stop and check those others first. It would be pushing 20th back but its a long and repetitively satisfying story.

I think then it'd come down to how fast you read and how much free time you have.

I'd suggest

Shin Angyo Onshi (75 chaps)
Tenjo Tenge (130+ chaps)
20th Century Boys
Ares (205 chaps)

Appreciate it! I'll go with that then. I usually can read pretty quickly depending how immersed in the story I get. I got a couple weeks before I start my new job I'll probably be able to knock a couple of those out at least.

Earlier this week I was reading the solo leveling light novels since I didn't feel like waiting for the series to come back.

Have you read the manga? Haven't myself but heard it's different and fire.
yea my list was my personal top 3 manga,
Tenjo Tenge anime stopped crazy early, it gets wilder. a little too wild.
if you watched Air Gear (same company OH!Great) its kinda like that
or think more naruto where they went from school kids to these gigantic powers, but it was a good story on how/why they got there.

Appreciate it! I'll go with that then. I usually can read pretty quickly depending how immersed in the story I get. I got a couple weeks before I start my new job I'll probably be able to knock a couple of those out at least.

Earlier this week I was reading the solo leveling light novels since I didn't feel like waiting for the series to come back.
Ares I feel I read in less than a week thats how good it was
Shin Angyo Onshi is a very very wordy historical type piece. but it was so good.

Tower of God is going on an indefinite hiatus. SIU has a neck and back hernia along with his normal wrist arthritis so he's taking a hiatus to rest and write the arc at a more leisurely pace and also build up a backlog of chapters so if he starts up again and gets sick he can still release. There'll be 3 more chapters coming out if you don't read the fast pass chapters.

SIU also for some reason has been putting out chapters that are much longer than other series. I think the series just hit it's 10 year anniversary too or it's coming up.

Yo, Dorohedoro is fire. Binged it all on netflix last night. Haven’t loved an anime that much in a while. Really liked the art style, characters, story, and the world they built. Characters don’t have nipples though which is weird.

Reactions: TXZ
has it every been explained why the animation was the way it was for Naruto shippeuden - Episode 167 – Planetary Devastation ?

One Piece 981 is out there...

Big Mom pirates useless without Big Mom and Katakuri man. Getting kicked off AGAIN.
Marco's quote was :pimp:
Can't wait for the next chapter
HYPED

Been watching High Schoolers Have it Easy in Another World.

Comes off as some fanservice at first but it's a bit like Dr. Stone except for instead of rebuilding civilization and a society from the ground up its on a middlearth type world and it's like 7 Senkus building a modern society. Not as slow either cuz the one inventor just hand waves inventions in to existence like magic :lol:

Last edited:
Been watching High Schoolers Have it Easy in Another World.

Comes off as some fanservice at first but it's a but like Dr. Stone except for rebuilding civilization and a society from the ground up its on a middlearth type world and it's like 7 Senkus building a modern society. Not as slow either cuz the one inventor just hand waves inventions in to existence like magic :lol:
I saw the whole thing but I dont know if I liked it or not. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom