The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Does hunter x hunter take a bit to get into?

I keep starting and stopping because it hasn’t really hooked me right away

I mean I think most ppl get hooked on the manga by the first Hunter test when they're all running down that long tunnel and taking various tests along the way.

The story in universe really takes off with the Chimera ant arc, others like the stuff with Kurapika hunting down Phantom Troupe which is really some early Sasuke Uchiha stuff, and then Greed island arc. I'm not remembering those arcs in order but they're like the earliest ones

I got no clue with the anime and how they pace things but I'd imagine its roughly the same minus filler arcs but with however their style is you're not feeling Gon and Killua by Greed island might as well stop. Its a pretty lengthy arc but good and then I think its Chimera Ant arc which is longer and great.

Last edited:
Does hunter x hunter take a bit to get into?

I keep starting and stopping because it hasn’t really hooked me right away
it took me months to finish the anime.
I personally don't see the hype but I also see why people like it. anime has 4 arcs (5 if you count the build up of the chimera ant arc)
hunter exam
york New York
greed island
pre chimera ant arc
and chimera ant arc (when they get busy)

this is all my opinion

york New York arc is the best. it's a bit more faster pace and/or that story is just more interesting to me.

people love the chimera ant arc because u get more characters and their powers are truly on display. it just draggggggs. mainly because you get a lot of explanation on things before u get that action.

but I'm finding out about myself. I like my story and my action separated. I dont like when theres about to be a fight. but then u get 2 episodes of story /history /side quest before u get to fight they hyped before hand.
again I see where and why people have HxH in their top 5. but I think for me personally it's no where near that. I'd have a different opinion if I read the manga

1591895267417.jpeg

I mean I think most ppl get hooked in the manga by the first Hunter test when they're all running down that long tunnel and taking various tests along the way.

The story in universe really takes off with the Chimera ant arc, others like the stuff with Kurapika hunting down Phantom Troupe which is really some early Sasuke Uchiha stuff, and then Greed island arc. I'm not remembering those arcs in order but they're like the earliest ones

I got no clue with the anime and how they pace things but I'd imagine its roughly the same minus filler arcs but with however their style is you're not feeling Gon and Killua by Greed island might as well stop. Its a pretty lengthy arc but good and then I think its Chimera Ant arc which is longer and great.

watched a vid on it and basically it says you need to get through the first like 12 or soo

Last edited:
After binging MHA I gotta say its pretty cool. Has a lot of heart. Story a bit more interesting than the action.

Gotta say Bakugo is wild annoying. Constantly loud. Dude is really Begets over 9000 but with no real good reasoning why for that attitude (other than his mother). Dude has only recently calmed down after failing to get that license. I am a bit tired of that kind of dynamic though.

Todoroki took a huge backseat. Thought it'd be a 3way rivalry but he befriended Deku and that was it.

I mainly like this cuz of the similarities to One-Punch Man with a world of heroes and different organizations. Mainly how they approach and handle superheroes in the east.

Think I'll get back to some reading now, finish up Jesus and Tenjo Tenge then start The God Of High School

After binging MHA I gotta say its pretty cool. Has a lot of heart. Story a bit more interesting than the action.

Gotta say Bakugo is wild annoying. Constantly loud. Dude is really Begets over 9000 but with no real good reasoning why for that attitude (other than his mother). Dude has only recently calmed down after failing to get that license. I am a bit tired of that kind of dynamic though.

Todoroki took a huge backseat. Thought it'd be a 3way rivalry but he befriended Deku and that was it.

I mainly like this cuz of the similarities to One-Punch Man with a world of heroes and different organizations. Mainly how they approach and handle superheroes in the east.

Think I'll get back to some reading now, finish up Jesus and Tenjo Tenge then start The God Of High School

how far are you into MHA?

I fell off God of High School. It has an amazing start then it kinda just becomes a mess, but I haven't read it in so long I can't comment on how the story is now, but have heard the same sentiment expressed by others. But when the anime for it drops it'll take off. It's the type of series people eat up.

I'm 85 chapters into Tenjo Tenge. There's some really interesting things about this series, but the writing also feels messy like it just makes sudden shifts and leaps.

I just binged the anime. Some sub, some dub.

Just finished s4. As far as I cant tell that's it for now. Not gonna get in to the manga now.

o you’re all the way caught up, least with the anime.. yea season 4 I don’t think they had a dub yet

but just like that their is still a lot of meat on the bones with things and a lot to still be fleshed out

I assumed the natural route was bakugo to turn evil, but they dealt with that.. going be interesting to see how todoroki develops, because I feel like his powers diminished a bit least from where he started well half of his powers (cause dude was literally cold blooded when they had that initial attack on the school)

I'm 85 chapters into Tenjo Tenge. There's some really interesting things about this series, but the writing also feels messy like it just makes sudden shifts and leaps.
I had started the anime for that and dug it at first but I did not care for the back story of the school where the older brother is a damn crazy killer when he has the sword and a bit incestuous? :nerd:, the supposed best friend is a scumbag banging his home's gf behind his back, and then the actual strongest kid in the school plays back seat until all his friends get hospitalized. Then apparently scumbag friend kills the crazy brother.

Then once they come back to the present main character is in love with old sister. Messy indeed.

I figure I'll get back to reading the manga instead and then finish it.

I had started the anime for that and dug it at first but I did not care for the back story of the school where the older brother is a damn crazy killer when he has the sword and a bit incestuous? :nerd:, the supposed best friend is a scumbag banging his home's gf behind his back, and then the actual strongest kid in the school plays back seat until all his friends get hospitalized. Then apparently scumbag friend kills the crazy brother.

Then once they come back to the present main character is in love with old sister. Messy indeed.

I figure I'll get back to reading the manga instead and then finish it.

Yeah, things happen out of nowhere and the relationships are messy. During that back story none of the characters are sympathetic, they call all die off and things would be better. It got back to the main story and it seemed to be a training arc leading up to the big tournament arc, but then some other group connected to Mitsoumi comes up, but he's also fighting them? It just seems like when they get back to this tournament it'll be irrelevant. The only character I really like is Mitsoumi's brother Matasuka or something? The one in Maya's group that likes her little sister, but they overlook him. And Bob just disappeared.

44A3F321-4D57-4E24-94BB-642B324E1185.jpeg

Anyone ever read this from the famous artist murakami? I believe this was just first short manga. Really enjoyed it when I first read it a few years back.

Am I the only one who likes bakugo back in high school I always get into fight for no reason so I understand that part lol, loved how they dealt all the tease on him turning bad, the kidnapping, the Sasuke tease when he challenged deku.

20200526_110028.jpg

this was kinda the turning point of him for me lol
I laughed mad hard. then I was like. you know what MHA not that bad

Am I the only one who likes bakugo back in high school I always get into fight for no reason so I understand that part lol, loved how they dealt all the tease on him turning bad, the kidnapping, the Sasuke tease when he challenged deku.
The thing is at least in the anime that's all his character is a loud dude arguing and wanting to get in to fights even when he's used and things get interesting fam doesn't change.

Like even the episode focusing on his back story still doesn't explain why he's such an a-hole. Its later on just played off that he gets it from his mom.

Back
Top Bottom