The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

The Bakugo talk is familiar, cant remember exactly when but the MHA started to blow up in America and the anime made its debut their was a debate involving a bunch of blue check people (Im assuming anime critics and reviewers?) on Twitter about how "toxic" of a character he is and bad influence on younger viewers.

I've never had that much of an issue with him personally, he wants to be the best/strongest, he just had an issue with handling failure early on and he didn't respect Midoriya enough to even think of him as a threat which damn near made him snap when he saw his increase in strength.

I respect the creator for making him reject villainy though, based on their relationship I for sure thought he was going the Sasuke route

After binging MHA I gotta say its pretty cool. Has a lot of heart. Story a bit more interesting than the action.

Gotta say Bakugo is wild annoying. Constantly loud. Dude is really Begets over 9000 but with no real good reasoning why for that attitude (other than his mother). Dude has only recently calmed down after failing to get that license. I am a bit tired of that kind of dynamic though.

Todoroki took a huge backseat. Thought it'd be a 3way rivalry but he befriended Deku and that was it.

I mainly like this cuz of the similarities to One-Punch Man with a world of heroes and different organizations. Mainly how they approach and handle superheroes in the east.

Think I'll get back to some reading now, finish up Jesus and Tenjo Tenge then start The God Of High School
Hes a high schooler thats the explanation lol, you aint mad that Shoto is petty about everything too lol, I loved when anime characters are humanized. Have yall watch the movies are they cannon? Mha has more heart but opm has better fight scene imo.

Hes a high schooler thats the explanation lol, you aint mad that Shoto is petty about everything too lol, I loved when anime characters are humanized. Have yall watch the movies are they cannon? Mha has more heart but opm has better fight scene imo.
Man, never came across a dude that annoying in HS :lol:

Shoto is petty? I haven't noticed. Dude seems almost like the emo type.

Last edited:
Man, never came across a dude that annoying in HS :lol:

Shoot is petty? I haven't noticed. Dude seems almost like the emo type.
lets just agree to disagree with bakugo lol

i guess not about everything but regarding his dad mostly using only ice, losing on the license, not trying on the bakugo fight etc

lets just agree to disagree with bakugo lol

i guess not about everything but regarding his dad mostly using only ice, losing on the license, not trying on the bakugo fight etc
Oh that stuff.

I dont consider that petty. Apparently Endeavor is a bigger a-hole than Bakugo. All cuz he wanted to be #1 this lame tormented his children and took out his failure on his wife? Then quit on trying to surpass All Might and decided to make Shoto the best so he became even more of an a-hole to his son and wife. To the point she has a mental breakdown and pours boiling hot water on her son's face just cuz he reminds her of Endeavor. Even Vegeta isnt that big of a scumbag.

Then similar to how there's really no explanation to Bakugo's behavior all of a sudden Endeavor just wants to be a better father? What cuz he sees how much Shoto hates him and All Might retires? Some lame signs that he leaves a flower for his wife means he's a good guy now? **** that guy.

I honestly haven't seen writing like that in a shonen for a character thats suppose to be one of those arrogant hardass good guys. The writing for that guy screams villain :lol: It boggles my mind they basically have the current #1 hero be a spouse abuser.

I dont blame Shoto for being ashamed of his father, not wanting to use those flames and being conflicted about it since he's so ******* traumatized. I cant call that petty.

D5A4060D-3EA3-406F-8D03-939DE84055C9.jpeg

finished downfall in one read. Pretty good.
Not as depressing as I thought it would be but overall I still enjoyed it.

7.5/10

I wonder if this is how Inio feels about himself as a manga artist.

Last edited:
Finally finished Tenjo Tenge...

I would not call the series good. Thinking about it near the end I realized Oh! Great, the mangaka, has a really terrible habit where he starts a story on a very simple and very interesting premise, then completely ruins it. The story started off great and if they had kept the simple plot and premise it would have probably been a classic with tons of different martial arts schools and styles competing for dominance and tendou, but nope. He did the same thing to a lesser degree in air gear, but in this the whole story is a convoluted mess. Poor transitions, sudden leaps in the story, out of nowhere characters and concepts, forgotten characters, unlikeable characters, weird conclusions to fights, poorly timed flashbacks that rather than explain things make things more confusing, just poor storytelling overall. It got to a point where at times I wanted to just look at the pictures and not bother with the text. It actually may have made some parts make more sense. Even when I was locked in and understanding i'd get to another chapter and say wtf is going on and go check if I missed chapters or pages. The art is fantastic though.

Moving on to Ares next

Finally finished Tenjo Tenge...

I would not call the series good. Thinking about it near the end I realized Oh! Great, the mangaka, has a really terrible habit where he starts a story on a very simple and very interesting premise, then completely ruins it. The story started off great and if they had kept the simple plot and premise it would have probably been a classic with tons of different martial arts schools and styles competing for dominance and tendou, but nope. He did the same thing to a lesser degree in air gear, but in this the whole story is a convoluted mess. Poor transitions, sudden leaps in the story, out of nowhere characters and concepts, forgotten characters, unlikeable characters, weird conclusions to fights, poorly timed flashbacks that rather than explain things make things more confusing, just poor storytelling overall. It got to a point where at times I wanted to just look at the pictures and not bother with the text. It actually may have made some parts make more sense. Even when I was locked in and understanding i'd get to another chapter and say wtf is going on and go check if I missed chapters or pages. The art is fantastic though.

Moving on to Ares next
again it's in my top more because it was the first serious tone manga I ever read. I completely agree with your take. love the art. love the charachters. story does get wild I was also younger.

I do promise you'll like ares way more

I'm still disappointed that Naruto never learned the flying thunder God technique.

I mean it was a quick glimpse when he fought pain but not similar to his father.

One Piece
Whos that in the ship with kitty cat and Marco? Izou?
I can't wait for all of this to culminate. I'm so excited and cant wait to see all hell break loose :lol:

My Hero Academia
There are death flags everywhere. Jesus Christ.
I hope to everything that is good that Eraserhead doesn't lose hie quirk. That could be disastrous for the heroes.

One Piece
I can't wait for all of this to culminate. I'm so excited and cant wait to see all hell break loose :lol:
Jozu?? I think it was or a bunch of the zou crew

One Piece

Yeah last chapter they showed part of Izo's face so I assume that's him talking about having a plan.

Wait,. I think I hit that point with hunter x hunter

least I hope

felt really like a kiddy show.. until it’s killua’s turn on that platform in episode 11

EDIT:
ok still kinda waiting for it to hit the stride.. on episode 22.. I see elements, but still not seeing what is often spoken of

Last edited:
Ok.. I’m at episode 25, not sure hunter x hunter is for me.. or I’m not seeing this upper tier level that it is spoken of as

Ok.. I’m at episode 25, not sure hunter x hunter is for me.. or I’m not seeing this upper tier level that it is spoken of as
are you watching the 1999 series or the 2011 series.
you wont get that sense til about york new york
The arc spans from chapters 64 to 119 of the manga, episodes 45 to 70 of the 1999 anime series, and episodes 37 to 58 of the 2011

are you watching the 1999 series or the 2011 series.
you wont get that sense til about york new york
The arc spans from chapters 64 to 119 of the manga, episodes 45 to 70 of the 1999 anime series, and episodes 37 to 58 of the 2011

Oh that stuff.

I dont consider that petty. Apparently Endeavor is a bigger a-hole than Bakugo. All cuz he wanted to be #1 this lame tormented his children and took out his failure on his wife? Then quit on trying to surpass All Might and decided to make Shoto the best so he became even more of an a-hole to his son and wife. To the point she has a mental breakdown and pours boiling hot water on her son's face just cuz he reminds her of Endeavor. Even Vegeta isnt that big of a scumbag.

Then similar to how there's really no explanation to Bakugo's behavior all of a sudden Endeavor just wants to be a better father? What cuz he sees how much Shoto hates him and All Might retires? Some lame signs that he leaves a flower for his wife means he's a good guy now? **** that guy.

I honestly haven't seen writing like that in a shonen for a character thats suppose to be one of those arrogant hardass good guys. The writing for that guy screams villain :lol: It boggles my mind they basically have the current #1 hero be a spouse abuser.

I dont blame Shoto for being ashamed of his father, not wanting to use those flames and being conflicted about it since he's so ****ing traumatized. I cant call that petty.

Yea, with the bakugo stuff really think there needed to be more there like him being a rich spoilt brat or something.. home life seems too stable to be that much of a douche.. or at the very least give him an older sibling that’s a little too perfect so he’s being over competitive about that

and you right on endeavor, that stuff just don’t go away.. should have been one of the teachers along with students getting closer to him to help him get over to a degree and ignore

but I think like a lot of people that stuff is going come back to bite endeavor and the heroes in a big way

but they could have endeavor feed the villains the info just to get back at all might because that seems like type of lengths dude would go to to bring him down

I agree with that theory that dabi is the 3rd kid

Back
Top Bottom