The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

tdogg2k tdogg2k I'm interested in hearing your review or thoughts on Tenjo Tenge and why it's one of your favorites?

I'm 50 chapters in. Finished Shin Angyo Onshi early in the week, but haven't been grabbed by Tenjo Tenge as much.

New One Piece is out.
We got Marco, Nekomamushi, and possibly Izo coming to help the strawhats? It feels like Oda was right in saying that the Wano arc was gonna eclipse the Marineford arc in terms of size and action.
All we need now is for the rest of the grand fleet to make an appearance to really kick it off. :lol: :pimp:

tdogg2k tdogg2k I'm interested in hearing your review or thoughts on Tenjo Tenge and why it's one of your favorites?

I'm 50 chapters in. Finished Shin Angyo Onshi early in the week, but haven't been grabbed by Tenjo Tenge as much.
To be completely honest it's just one of the first Manga I read and i loved the art and the story, it wsa different from the typical kiddy shonen.

Up to date with Tower of god :pimp:

Also back in to watching anime a bit on the crunchyroll app. Honestly don't know where to start so I've just been watching random ones. The HSers in another world, Tenjo Tenge, The 8th Son! Are you kidding Me?, etc. Already caught some of Dorohedoro on netflix and finished part 3 of Baki.

Any suggestions?

Want something with a lot of episodes preferably. Trying not to watch somehing I've already read. Been thinking of getting in to MHA.

Any action, adventure, martial Arts, fantasy, slice of life, psychological thriller, etc. genre/subject matter.

Last edited:
Pretty disappointed in this season or should I say the manga. Raitai tournament was just a bunch of stomps aside from Oliva. Somehow Jr goes from a strong guy to a complete jobber not even stronger than anybody from last season. And the last Baki fight can hom was just ugh. The show was at least interesting when the fights were actually fights

I always wondered after reading this section of the manga, did the Ali estate get some sort of compensation or do they even know about the Baki property in the first place?

baki season 3 is lowkey trash. I wasnt a fan of the history lesson mid fight. now the fights just dumb short

Wait.. you haven’t checked MHA?
I've only ever watched the movies.

Didn't grab me so I didn't bother checking out the manga and usually if I'm not willing to check the manga I don't watch the anime.

Nowadays I like to come into animes blind just based off suggestion or how interesting covers and premises are.

baki season 3 is lowkey trash. I wasnt a fan of the history lesson mid fight. now the fights just dumb short
The history lesson about? The Kaku vs. Yujiro fight where they do a flashback of dude's life and talk about Shaori?

See this is why I prefer manga to anime at times. They cut a lot out in anime and pick and choose what they keep in and sometimes add in stuff that wasnt there at all. Manga tend to always be better paced.

The way Itagaki goes in on these different martial arts and the lore of characters you'd think they were real.

Last edited:
I've only ever watched the movies.

Didn't grab me so I didn't bother checking out the manga and usually if I'm not willing to check the manga I don't watch the anime.

Nowadays I like to come into animes blind just based off suggestion or how interesting covers and premises are.

Yea.. I’d say definitely check it out.. first season is only 13 episodes.. plus first 3 seasons are dubbed

which platform are you using?

cause I’m going through the ones on Hulu now.. watched all of MHA, all of AOT and a bunch of other ones sporadically.. on black clover now

Baki season 3 felt like filler

I enjoyed dorohedoro, wish it ended with more

Yea.. I’d say definitely check it out.. first season is only 13 episodes.. plus first 3 seasons are dubbed

which platform are you using?

cause I’m going through the ones on Hulu now.. watched all of MHA, all of AOT and a bunch of other ones sporadically.. on black clover now

Baki season 3 felt like filler

I enjoyed dorohedoro, wish it ended with more
Right now using crunchyroll even though the free version kills with self-promotional ads. Can use Hulu. Didn't know they had a lot of anime. Before I was watching the anime Amazon Prime had.

MHA and Alt are two of the more popular properties I have not gotten in to. I tried Black Cover when they use to air eps on Adult Swim.

I always wondered after reading this section of the manga, did the Ali estate get some sort of compensation or do they even know about the Baki property in the first place?
probably not, the character is named muhammad alai to skirt around that.

Last edited:
Right now using crunchyroll even though the free version kills with self-promotional ads. Can use Hulu. Didn't know they had a lot of anime. Before I was watching the anime Amazon Prime had.

MHA and Alt are two of the more popular properties I have not gotten in to. I tried Black Cover when they use to air eps on Adult Swim.

I gotta check what’s is on amazon prime.. but yea, Hulu has a ton of stuff

im talking more season 2. of baki. I think I'll switch to the manga after I'm I get through my other stuff

wasnt history strongest disciple kenichi based off actual fighting styles

im talking more season 2. of baki. I think I'll switch to the manga after I'm I get through my other stuff

wasnt history strongest disciple kenichi based off actual fighting styles
Yes that was.

A bit too formulaic for me though.

Problem with last season of Baki or maybe it was my bad for assuming

thought the 2 previous season were building up to this tournament that was once every 100 years

then the rules get thrown out super quick and it was just a joke.. especially bald dude

and then they’re bringing the 4 criminals back after I think most woulda assumed those dudes were done with how they went out.. sorry meant 5

Russian dude the only one I thought might be back

This still the early stages and stepping stones for Baki.

Things don't pick up and lead to something until Pickle gets unearthed for me.

I’ve only read up on characters from the manga.. seen couple vids of the older stuff

And watched all of the Netflix stuff

finished baki... def felt this was big fillers

baki just seems wild inconsistent to me. to a point it's not even entertaining.

I like Baki the property but the netflix anime, and I mean all the seasons, maybe more so than any martial arts/combat centric series I've watched is extremely uninteresting when theirs no fighting going on. It wasn't like this on the earlier anime series though which is odd. But its straight boring as **** when theirs no scrapping

Back
Top Bottom