The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I'm like 12 episodes into Wing and yea the pace is slow, and Heero is so bland. I've watched almost all animated forms of Gundam. I even build the model kits and all that.
laugh.gif

There are 3 Gundam anime on air right now. The latest series is called Iron Blooded Orphans and the last episode airs this Sunday. It's been a good series so far and it has surprised me since I had low expectations.

The other 2 are OVAs, The Origin and Thunderbolt. The Origin tells the story of the rise of Zeon before the One Year War. Thunderbolt is a side story set during the One Year War, the animation on this one is crazy!
you aint lying I love the animation which imma take a guess and say its done by IG or Ufotable. Iron Blooded Orphans surprises me with its gangster *** violence and ive been trying to catch origin. is it more of a developmental story or is there atleast some action in it?

So what's this season new lit anime... we had shokugeki no soma. One punch man. Bento was LIT. What's this qtrs new Show I need to watch

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.
and
gate season 2.

da finale :pimp:

still disgusted by how far erased fell off.
best mom ever tho.

Last edited:
UC fanboy comin thru....Wing is woat.

Endless Waltz is not bad though
UC master race :pimp:

Wing ain't that bad though, it's just the nostalgia factor since that was the gateway into the franchise for a lot of us "Westeners"

you aint lying I love the animation which imma take a guess and say its done by IG or Ufotable. Iron Blooded Orphans surprises me with its gangster *** violence and ive been trying to catch origin. is it more of a developmental story or is there atleast some action in it?
the Origin has a mix of both, each episode is like 50 minutes long

it goes into the the history of how Zeon was founded, early spacenoid politics, the Zabi family, the early development of mobile suits, Casval and Artesia Deikun's childhood....etc

Let me get in on this Gundam conversation as a longtime fan, Gundam Wing is a Top 5 Gundam series in my opinion. Loved everything about it and Wing Zero Custom (From Endless Waltz) remains my favorite mecha to this day. :smokin As a whole though, the Universal Century is the best iteration of the franchise, due to covering pretty much all aspects of war over a multitude of years and characters. There is atleast one series in that timeline that anyone will enjoy And I personally find Mobile Suit, Zeta, and Double Zeta to make up an excellent trilogy that you would be satisfied spending a few weeks on.

Also let me throw some love towards G Gundam. Felt that at the time it was so different from all the other series we'd seen and that it was different in a good way, really focusing on super powerful over the top robots and cranking it up to eleven. Shining, and then Burning, Finger is iconinc and i'm certain many of us could still repeat the speech for it to this day.

I need a new Gundam series on par with Wing/Endless Waltz.

Any suggestions?

I want to point you in the direction of unicorn. its short but sweet. also the first 2 AGE series was good in my opinion.

Agree on the first 2 series of AGE being good, especially the second with Asemu. Also thought the music and animation was pretty great, combined with a generally interesting storyline. Asemu and Zeheart's rivalry was then really powerful. Way better than Kira and Athrun's from Seed :smh: The real shame is that the last part of AGE, with Kio was so damn bad whenever it focused on him.

Prison School
Hold up. He actually died? Like, it hit him so hard that he actually expired? :rofl:

Last edited:
New PV for berserk black swordsman arc. Not sure how I feel. Cool that after all these years more berserk is being made but that CGI animation though. No Bueno. I'm not sure how they would even handle the puck characters transitions( he gets Derpy like how Saitama does in OPM, from time to time)

Last edited:
New PV for berserk black swordsman arc. Not sure how I feel. Cool that after all these years more berserk is being made but that CGI animation though. No Bueno. I'm not sure how they would even handle the puck characters transitions( he gets Derpy like how Saitama does in OPM, from time to time)

CAN'T AGREE WITH YOU THERE. ANIMATION LOOKS DOPE AS HELL. HAS SAME FEEL AS JOJO. :pimp: :pimp:

Watched the last 2 eps of Gate last night. So is that the end of the anime? Is there more story in the manga that they can put on the show? Even though it had a happy Disney ending I still liked it. Funny how someone from Itami's crew is with Bozes and knocked her up and another is datinf Beefeater. Itami can be a king over there and get all the women but he just wants to read his stuff.

People were dumb as hell thinking they could take on the Japanese troops. Maybe if they had a bunch of magic users on their side.

Prison School
Oh my lawd!
The way he drew the neck in that chapter legendary
This has been one of the greatest battles that I enjoyed just off the strength of dragging it on

Ehh, while Prison school is still funny, I feel it's hot a bit of a roadblock and isn't as interesting anymore. It's still funny but not interesting of that makes sense. But also I'm mainly in it at this point for the Kiyoshi x Hana interactions at this point

just about to finish fate/ stay night. entertained to say the least. how is fate/ zero? I feel extremely late haha

zero is aight. One character was beyond annoying and tiring. I also didn't like how it only focused on a few characters. Had me wanting to know everyone else's story.

Really excited for the OP chapter in the morning [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

Who the **** ****** Orochimaru!!! 

EDIT: Probably some weird clone cell kid now that I think about it.

Last edited:
One Piece
Amazing color spread by Oda.
Seemed anticlimatic, but at the same time it made sense, since it would have been ridiculous for an elephant that's roamed the world for a 1000 years to not be strong. Obviously this isn't the last we see of Jack, and there are still unresolved things with the Minks and possibly Zou, but Oda is keeping the story moving. 
Looks like Kidd is in that cell on the last page, if those are actually his legs, which means Apoo was either an inside man or betrayed Kid when Kaido came down.

It's crazy is Greg from the OPP, and writer for v-jump, predicted something like what Momo did a couple weeks ago on an episode when he was talking about how he predicts the series progressing long term. 

Excited for whatever is next.

Back
Top Bottom