The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Bringing up Jiraiya vs Orochimaru when Jiraiya was explicitly drugged by Tsunade and not full power
laugh.gif

Pain even admitted he would have lost if Jiraiya had known his secret
pimp.gif

5xk64m.jpg
You know I did forget that he was drugged but still Itachi > Jiraiya and it's really not that close. Full strength Jiraiya wouldn't handle Oro with the ease Itachi could.
Could Itachi take on pain?
Definitely

Any decently skilled genjutsu user could take Oro with ease. So put Jiraiya in Sage Mode and have him, Ma, and Pa, use the Frog Song and Oro's dead. Same strategy worked on 3 Paths of Pein and nearly won Jiraiya that fight.

Any decently skilled genjutsu user could take Oro with ease. So put Jiraiya in Sage Mode and have him, Ma, and Pa, use the Frog Song and Oro's dead. Same strategy worked on 3 Paths of Pein and nearly won Jiraiya that fight.
Itachi dances on jiraiya's grave before he can bite his fingah

I'm sayin, breh. If he had known there were six pains from the start there wouldn't be a discussion.

****** really downplaying Jiraiya like he wasn't lowkey the GOAT :smh:

Last edited:
Technique takes waaaaay too long to be viable in most fights. Only reason it worked was cuz Jiraiya had all those damn tunnels to hide in.

Could Itachi take on pain?
Yeah, with the help of the Hachibi and Kyuubi
pimp.gif

page14.png
My mans coulda done it all by himself but decided it would be a good learning experience and team building exercise
pimp.gif

Realistically speaking, Killer Bee probably did most of the work, as the Bijuudama is the strongest of those three attacks by far.

Nope. He may very well win, but it wouldn't be easy. Same goes for if Itachi fought Naruto at various points.

Technique takes waaaaay too long to be viable in most fights. Only reason it worked was cuz Jiraiya had all those damn tunnels to hide in.

Eh, depends. When Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Orochimaru all fought, they were standing on the heads of their summons while the summons themselves fought. That's time that could've been spent activating the technique, or Sage Mode itself; similar to Hashirama riding around on his Mokuton constructs. Not the easiest technique to use true, but it's a good one and it worked.

Just realized Sasuke's never used Kirin again. :smh:

Man jiraiya strapped up with them two frogs would clap itachi.

Itachi still amazing for getting that sword for his susanoo

Realistically speaking, Killer Bee probably did most of the work, as the Bijuudama is the strongest of those three attacks by far.

Nope. He may very well win, but it wouldn't be easy. Same goes for if Itachi fought Naruto at various points.
Naruto with no plot armor or talk no jutsu was not coming anywhere close to beating Itachi at any point before he made peace with kurama and unlocked 9-tails mode.
Man jiraiya strapped up with them two frogs would clap itachi.

Itachi still amazing for getting that sword for his susanoo
500x1000px-LL-9e3ba059_2ik9pqh.gif

Unless it's preceded by the words "Madara", "Hashirama" or "the 4th hokage" those words should never be uttered and truly meant.

Naruto with no plot armor or talk no jutsu was not coming anywhere close to beating Itachi at any point before he made peace with kurama and unlocked 9-tails mode.

Only reason he wouldn't have beaten Itachi before making peace with Kyuubi was due to his lack of proven ability to counter genjutsu on his own, which may or may not have worked right before the war, as he knew how to. In every other area he was able to fight evenly with Itachi by the time he faced Pein. So yeah i'd say he could come fairly close.

Last edited:
bruh Itachi has an ethereal Sword that can seal anyone. He has the Yata Mirror which can block anything. Black Zetsu who has been around for thousands of year said that with these two weapons he was invincible. 

let's run down Itachis powers

-susanoo with an impenetrable shield that blocks everything. BLOCKS EVERYTHING

- sword that with 1 touch seals the soul away

- Amaterasu

- tsukyomi

Izanami- trap you in an eternal genjutsu

Izanagi- he did use it in a fight but he knew of it

Jiraiya isn't getting past tsukyomi. his sage powers aren't advanced enough. the frogs take too long.

Now for some pain clarification. the reason why he said of he knew my secret... was because of any smart ninja knows that their target is somewhere else, they aren't going to bother fighting pawns. the real Nagato was weak and frail. if Jiraiya knew that, he would've went straight for him and not bothered fighting who he thought was pain

and itachi would murk all the bodies except for God realm. he's be the biggest challenge

Only reason he wouldn't have beaten Itachi before making peace with Kyuubi was due to his lack of proven ability to counter genjutsu on his own, which may or may not have worked right before the war, as he knew how to. In every other area he was able to fight evenly with Itachi by the time he faced Pein. So yeah i'd say he could come fairly close.
kobe-laugh.gif

Whoa. We talking about GOATS?

HOL'UP.

Real talk, ya top 5 can bathe, b.

My son had DBZ power levels. Anyone could get the hands.

Gai, Itachi, Hashirama taking any squad.

Last edited:
Without reading all these overly emotional replies I'll weigh in on Itachi vs. Jiraiya (whoever said he'd lose to Kisame or Oro are being silly)

Itachi himself said he didn't want to fight Jiraiya, but I mean he said that about old man Jiraiya so it probably had more to do with he wasnt in the mood to fight a powerful dude when his mission had already failed. Also he was a double agent so why kill one of the strongest good guys left to defend the leaf. You have to consider though that Itachi's greatest asset, his overpowering genjutsu has no effect on Jiraiya (sage mode.)

And we've seen Amaterasu isn't that effective anymore either (higher level ninjas aren't fazed by it.)

So it'd come down to Susanoo and what ever other tricks Itachi pulls out -- legendary weapons and artifacts, random *** eye techs etc -- against Jiraiya's sage mode.

Considering Pein who had the rinnegan agreed if Jiraiya knew his secret he'd lose, I think it's safe to say prime Jiraiya would have beaten prime Itachi. It's not a knock on Itachi, he's anywhere from the 2nd to the 7th strongest character we've seen in the manga.

But he's not unbeatable.

Last edited:

kobe-laugh.gif

Without reading all these overly emotional replies I'll weigh in on Itachi vs. Jiraiya (whoever said he'd lose to Kisame or Oro are being silly)

Itachi himself said he didn't want to fight Jiraiya, but I mean he said that about old man Jiraiya so it probably had more to do with he wasnt in the mood to fight a powerful dude when his mission had already failed. Also he was a double agent so why kill one of the strongest good guys left to defend the leaf. You have to consider though that Itachi's greatest asset, his overpowering genjutsu has no effect on Jiraiya (sage mode.)

And we've seen Amaterasu isn't that effective anymore either (higher level ninjas aren't fazed by it.)

So it'd come down to Susanoo and what ever other tricks Itachi pulls out -- legendary weapons and artifacts, random *** eye techs etc -- against Jiraiya's sage mode.

Considering Pein who had the rinnegan agreed if Jiraiya knew his secret he'd lose, I think it's safe to say prime Jiraiya would have beaten prime Itachi. It's not a knock on Itachi, he's anywhere from the 2nd to the 7th strongest character we've seen in the manga.

But he's not unbeatable.
why are you giving Jiraiya prep time but not itachi. Safe mode for him takes a long time. when they were in the frogs stomach, there's no way Jiraiya is getting into sage mode. I mean if we give a ninja prep time, then orochimaru may be the strongest because he can get edo tensei ready and summon all 4 kagea

itachi and Jiraiya were staring face to face. we all saw how fast kakashi got it. itachi had no reason to capture naruto

Last edited:
Itachi has an impenetrable shield to go with his nearly impenetrable Susanoo, a sword that seals all that it touches and the ability to ******* rewrite reality. Why this is a discussion is completely beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom