The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I wonder how/when SJ is gonna address the issue of author burn out resulting in rushed series endings. The days of authors doing 500+ chapters is gone(aside from oda), and authors are gettting burned out and rushing series to the end resulting in lackluster stories(MHA, food wars, Demon slayer etc)

I wonder how/when SJ is gonna address the issue of author burn out resulting in rushed series endings. The days of authors doing 500+ chapters is gone(aside from oda), and authors are gettting burned out and rushing series to the end resulting in lackluster stories(MHA, food wars, Demon slayer etc)
I thought demon slayers was fine. The ending didn't feel rushed to me, although I can see how people would have some reservations about the final chapter itself.

Promised Neverland was one I can safely say was rushed and ruined because of it.

Idk if it’s just me but I’m not feeling how Attack on Titan is ending, I haven’t read the manga so all I know is what the show is up to… I’ll put my thoughts in a spoiler although I don’t think im spoiling anything

Something about the original crew teaming up with the Marleyans, especially Reiner and Annie to brutally kill their own ‘people’ (the Yeagerists) just don’t sit right with me. I get the whole stopping Eren cuz he wylin thing.. but idk. I know they touched on it last week’s episode when they was having that meal together but fam, The amount of bodies Reiner and Annie are responsible for is just way too insane for me for them to be partnering up. Just my thoughts… but personally this looking like it’s gonna end up like Game of Thrones, GOAT show up to the final season. Now I’m open minded so feel free to tell me if I’m bugging
AOT lost it's appeal to me after Season 1. storyline just got too weird and crazy and wasn't loving it as it was on S1. it's one of those shows that started amazing but became too boring afterwards.

Kinda wish it wasn't true.. wish Luffy didn't have an OP devil fruit. Really enjoyed him being creative with the gum gum.
Yup...i wouldve much preferred the angle of him just taking a random fruit and training it to its highest potential, but it is what it is - cant escape da shonen mc trope.

Yup...i wouldve much preferred the angle of him just taking a random fruit and training it to its highest potential, but it is what it is - cant escape da shonen mc trope.

the biggesr questions is why did shanks have the DF and did he know that it was a mythical zoan :nerd:

Anyone here seen the Jujutsu Kaisen movie? Was it good?
Going to go see it in theaters with my mom this Saturday

maybe it was a mission passed down to him from roger to find the next joyboy :nerd:. he had to have known it was important since CP0 was transporting it at the time it was stolen
This was my thought as well. He was in Roger's crew after all. It would make sense that he would know everything leading up to the actual trip to Laugh Tale (since Shanks stayed behind), and that Roger would have probably told him what happened when they arrived there. How they made it to the finish line, but didn't have the right pieces in play to be declared the winners, so they just laughed at their wasted efforts. He probably told him to keep an eye out for when the missing pieces show themselves.

I'm actually curious if he knew the significance of the Gomu Gomu no mi before he actually stole it. I'm sure he probably thought it was a powerful fruit before he took it (hence the high security), but not the fruit that Roger was missing during that fateful trip. Maybe that's why he went to meet with the Gorosei a while back. To confirm his suspicions about everything going on.

And to discuss what someone posted earlier, just because the name of his devil fruit changed, it doesn't mean that all of a sudden he's OP. We always knew he was gonna awaken his devil fruit sooner or later, and that he would be able to turn things into rubber like how others who have awakened can manipulate the space around them. I just feel like his awakening coinciding with the massive lore reveal might be clouding people's judgment about his abilities. He's still gonna be rubber boy with all his Gomu Gomu abilities, but now he's gonna be more significant to the overall lore of the story beyond just finding the One Piece.

the biggesr questions is why did shanks have the DF and did he know that it was a mythical zoan :nerd:

This was my thought as well. He was in Roger's crew after all. It would make sense that he would know everything leading up to the actual trip to Laugh Tale (since Shanks stayed behind), and that Roger would have probably told him what happened when they arrived there. How they made it to the finish line, but didn't have the right pieces in play to be declared the winners, so they just laughed at their wasted efforts. He probably told him to keep an eye out for when the missing pieces show themselves.

I'm actually curious if he knew the significance of the Gomu Gomu no mi before he actually stole it. I'm sure he probably thought it was a powerful fruit before he took it (hence the high security), but not the fruit that Roger was missing during that fateful trip. Maybe that's why he went to meet with the Gorosei a while back. To confirm his suspicions about everything going on.

And to discuss what someone posted earlier, just because the name of his devil fruit changed, it doesn't mean that all of a sudden he's OP. We always knew he was gonna awaken his devil fruit sooner or later, and that he would be able to turn things into rubber like how others who have awakened can manipulate the space around them. I just feel like his awakening coinciding with the massive lore reveal might be clouding people's judgment about his abilities. He's still gonna be rubber boy with all his Gomu Gomu abilities, but now he's gonna be more significant to the overall lore of the story beyond just finding the One Piece.
Take a look at the updated spoilers and panels. People are about to be pissed 💀

Take a look at the updated spoilers and panels. People are about to be pissed 💀

20220322_164055.jpg

Hmm I thought the shorter series would help combat burnout and lackluster endings. I think the bigger issue is the short leash for newer series from the weekly questionnaires. Food Wars I feel like they just had no idea what to do with the series anymore at a certain point . Could have been burnout. I think the chef consultant was going on maternity leave, but still it was already falling apart before that.

But yeah SJ definitely needs to make some changes, cause the culture of ultra workhorse authors isn't going to cut it anymore. Idk if the lackluster endings are from burnout or artists not sticking to their guns and trying to adapt the story. Burnout could be plausible. More breaks and use the breaks to test more series or let new artists get some practice with short run series.

Back
Top Bottom