THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Yesteday, I walked in to my local boutique after work, had one held by my bro. Asked to try em on and that was it, straight to the counter. I honestly forgot all about the release and really wanted to go in store and see these and try in person. I'm tired of purchasing online, it was cool to actually walk in, try, and buy. Man the shoe is more beautiful through that process.

IMG_4143.PNG

Two different mudguards - two different shoes from two different retailers.

Each pair matches up tho.

Not a big deal to me, but I know others have been wondering and checking.

I don't judge anyone's decisions and it's your money so do what you please.

However, it confuses me how people were dying to get these anywhere close to retail and now they're available for retail and people are like mehhhh I'll wait for discount.
I didn't come back to shoe game until 2015, and I heard previously Nike/JordanBrand were doing small batches. So people kill each other over a pair of Jordan 11s.

NTers said Jordan Brand decided to eliminate resellers, so every Jordan retro CW has large quantities.

Me, coming back at the right time, took advantage of that. DFA Jordan 5s $100, CHA Jordan 10s $70, PP Jordan 13s $110, disco party on all CWs.

Hanging out at outlets and losing a lot of time! I mean 50 for a pinnacle is crazy but it's not all about hoping in some steals.
I just remember 1 month ago, pinnacles were FSR $80 on rack. One day, I called outlet, they said pinnacles are on the back wall on discount.

Drove there, copped with 30% off and survey coupon, ate burger with friend, locked myself out of my truck, spend 2 hours getting spare keys, and wasted all night. You are right, time wasted.
For the wide footers out there, did you go TTS or 0.5 size up on these? These will be my first AM1s, so I’m not even sure what the sizing. I might just grabbed my TTS just to make sure.
My foot fit Jordan's 100% TTS, I go 0.5 up on all Air Max essentials.

6 months ago we had to line up at midnight for an 11am store opening to cop the Annys. Today I showed up 10 minutes before they opened and nobody was there. That's the shoe game these days. If it's not limited, people don't want it. It's just not cool. That's why Adidas has grown so much. They've been making small batch after small batch while Nike has been making millions. The people on this board won't like it but Nike needs to get back to small batch to be cool again. This shoe is a perfect example of it.

Perhaps after Jordan Brands reseller elimination experiment was successful, Nike decided to do the same thing. Mass production.

adidas wise, quantities are limited. Took me hard time to cop a pair of "Pure Boost Oreo" $20 under retail...... and until now that shoe resell price is stable.... cost the same as AM1 OG Red.

Nike/JB should definitely do small batches, and never discount, so I don't have to cop so many shoes.

Next year we have Jordan 3 black cement, Air Max 98, I am already waiting for them to go on discount.

Got my 3rd pair in, was gonna sift thru and pick two pairs, all three look good. Gonna be tough to send any back but like one other guy said, with the amount of kicks I suspect we all have, they'll probably release again by the time I get through them. Plus my 2012 release with sail still look good.

My SNKRS pair came in today which surprised me. Usually my SNKRS orders take 3 business days.

Overall very happy with the OG Reds. Quality and comfort is def on point.

Tracking for BAIT orders haven't updated. Hoping to have them here tomorrow. Would be a dope way to start off one of the easier weekends I've had in a while. Ain't got ish to do all day tomorrow after 1230.

My SNKRS pair has better mudguard than my Wish pair, gonna ice the snkrs pair lol

If you can, order a bunch from retailers that take returns and pick the best pairs.

To measure people's desire for exclusivity by comparing a limited run on air max day to a gr at the end of September is a bit unfair. That's like comparing a Christmas release to a release in the middle of April.

The ideal that sneakers should be limited and hard to get over readily available? As a guy that's live sneakers his whole life, that just doesn't sit well with me. To each their own though.

Collabs is one thing. Make limited runs of stuff like that. Play that game with patta x Nike, atmos x Nike etc. Make less of the not so popular Jordan models and colorways. 8s, 10s, 9s etc

But, Jordan/Nike classics? Am1 anniversaries, am90 infra, Jordan wc3, bc3, Jordan infra 6, concord 11, nah...I just can't subscribe to that.

I agree with Rawdawg. I'm cool with collabs being limited but adidas was limiting stuff even if it was like a simple all black NMD. I wouldn't want Nike to be like "hey OG Nike heads. We're bringing back the Gundam AM98. But we're only making 20,000 pairs and you can only buy from QS boutiques"

Maybe don't make 900,000 pairs where they get played out but make enough that guys who love the shoe can cop without camping by an iPhone or computer. Some of us are grown men.

Can any of you guys help? I'm looking for a dust bag from the March anniversary release anyone got a spare?

Anybody have a link for a UK based retailer? Shipping from the US is a killer. I need a US 9.5. Much appreciate for any assists.

Back
Top Bottom