THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

The more i look my 103 , the more i love them, i saw a couple of people on groups complaining about "the shape" and was about to return them (just to follow the midguard gate) but they claim before that they loveeeee jewels and... its the same sh*t has the ann...with a tiny swoosh anyway more pair on the nature, more chance to double/triple ! Hope they will do the same with the royal for me to grab them for a steaaaal

Me too
Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpg

Can't deny, all 3 of those jewels are pretty good.
Still not gonna take the risk and end up with a very obvious curvy China midsole pair.

Fix this s**t. Get them back to Vietnam/Thailand times.

Whats crazy, is that Nike still has clothing produced in Thailand. Its just too bad they cant get that contract back with that same AM 1 factory. Hell, Id take South Korea like the Originals.

The more i look my 103 , the more i love them, i saw a couple of people on groups complaining about "the shape" and was about to return them (just to follow the midguard gate) but they claim before that they loveeeee jewels and... its the same sh*t has the ann...with a tiny swoosh anyway more pair on the nature, more chance to double/triple ! Hope they will do the same with the royal for me to grab them for a steaaaal

I agree 100 percent. I wont get into details again, but earlier in the thread, I made it abundantly clear that I prefer the 103s to the 100s. :lol: The only thing is that you are going to have to mix and match pairs to get a pair that you really like. But it sounds like you received a decent pair. That will be too much for some people to do or understand, but even the 05 HOAs came with low, slanted or mismatching mudguards. It happens when these shoes are mass produced.

:lol:

I heard too "They kill the pair" because it was easy to get.... i was like wtf they are talking about until i realise it was true.... looks at all that blood :'(
20170917_004904.jpg
lmfao

The last thing Nike needs is Status, I think its a foolish move, but I guess they have to do this to stay "cool". Nike, if you want **** to sell, make it correctly and true to the original. I cant think of how many times Nike has lost money, and saved me money by not making shoes properly. Shoes that I wouldve paid retail for. The Penny and Barkley line come to mind, Air Max 90s, and the list goes on. The little things in my mind is why Nike is losing money even though their profits remain high. When you put out garbage half the time, trying to cut corners, what appeal does a consumer have to buy your product.

I think Nike's left money on the table with retros. The Air Max 1 and 97 have proven that you can sell retros if you sell the story. Nike has been putting out poor quality and retros with no story. To a 16 year old they mean nothing. You have to introduce them to a Barkley, Penny or Agassi. This is a Deion. This is what this means. This is why it's important. This is who that player was. Instead you just see them on the shelves one day at Footlocker. A kid is going to think they look dated, are bulky and heavy.

Annnd... sole c choose to show the march pair so... thats misleading...! Now we gonna have to wait the official announce with the correction

I agree. All of my AM1's I bought this year have all had literally the same shape. I see some folks complain about shape on here and in other groups and I think it's just them going against the grain. Now some of the defects, I can kinda understand the complaining but this whole shape thing, not so much.

So can we just anticipate an October 12 release for the Royals on SNKRS/NDC?

Getting the reds was fairly smooth for me, so hopefully a similar trend happens with these..

So can we just anticipate an October 12 release for the Royals on SNKRS/NDC?

Getting the reds was fairly smooth for me, so hopefully a similar trend happens with these..
I'd like to be able to cop the royals early and then another pair on snkrs. Not sure if it is gonna work out like that tho

Disagree with the last part. Most people like exclusive stuff. JB gave in to the cries and started mass producing while Adidas went small batch. Many people that cried about not being able to get Jordans before didn't want them when they sat on the shelf for weeks. In terms of brand image, it hurt JB and helped Adidas. It seems like JB realizes that and is reversing course. Basically JB gave the people what they wanted but in the end the people didn't really want that. There's a fine line in the amount a company produces. Nike nailed it with the 103s. Enough that everyone that wanted them could get them but not enough that every site has then on discount 2 months after the release. This release was a perfect balance. It's hard to hit that number correctly every release though. For the brand image, they need to error on the low side and stop having so many sit and hit discount.

Well said. I do agree with that statement. Like others mentioned already, we all wish 102 would be like 103 release. Then, that would more justify that statement above. I personally still want to own something that is unique, different from anybody else. Items that are released only at shoe boutique can fall under that category, For example: pinnacle, skull, and jewel. They are not necessary hype shoes, yet I don't see them sold at my local footlocker, or champs, or footaction. That gives some "exclusivity" in a way. Adidas did that when they first introduced NMD and UB. The moment footsites start selling them, that "exclusivity" becomes norm/common items. Just for the record, I do still buy what I like regardless they are being sold at footsites.

In terms of Adidas takes over Jordan, IMO it's a matter of culture/life style change. I believe at some point, people will get bored and move on to the new hypetrain.

Back
Top Bottom