THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

One thing that would be interesting for Nike to do is make commercials where they involve both OG shoes and modern shoes and have the people disagree over which is better. For example you could take the vapormax and the air max 1 and have 1 person say how great the vapormax is and the other say back in the day the max 1's were the best blah blah blah. Doing it this way mixes the nostalgia shoe buying crowd and current buying crowd.

Disagree with the last part. Most people like exclusive stuff. JB gave in to the cries and started mass producing while Adidas went small batch. Many people that cried about not being able to get Jordans before didn't want them when they sat on the shelf for weeks. In terms of brand image, it hurt JB and helped Adidas. It seems like JB realizes that and is reversing course. Basically JB gave the people what they wanted but in the end the people didn't really want that. There's a fine line in the amount a company produces. Nike nailed it with the 103s. Enough that everyone that wanted them could get them but not enough that every site has then on discount 2 months after the release. This release was a perfect balance. It's hard to hit that number correctly every release though. For the brand image, they need to error on the low side and stop having so many sit and hit discount.

You're right, most people do like exclusive stuff. But in the same breath, most people hate missing out of exclusive stuff consistently release after release.

That when the backlash comes in.

if Nike/JB wants real answers, it should look within. The cockiness of releasing a retro+ Jordan in the same numbers as a black cement 3 is just silly. Figuring out a number that works for each repeat and doubling back with a restock if needed isn't a hard thing to do.

But instead they counter with limited release and hype? It's just my opinion, but I don't think folks are going to fall for it this time. As stated before, I could be wrong...but as for me, it's either an easy cop at retail or bargain basement, or...they've list my business for that release. Simple.

Hype it's over started and not measurable when it comes to its effect on the bottom line.

In a recent article, a head honcho at Adidas stated it plain and simple. "Hype was good for brand awareness, but not good on the bottom line."

both of you are right.

It's a double edged sword

Adidas was making everything limited, now when they start to produce more NMD's and ultraboost they sit. They had the cool factor, and then they wanted the sales and revenue to match. They're only going to get so much if anything other than hype and awareness from consortium releases.

Hype doesn't necessarily equal sales.

People in to sneakers don't want resellers, but resellers determine a lot of what is desirable. We want sneakers easily attainable for US, but nobody else. JB used to have some wack colorways sell out four years ago, just because they were Jordans. Jordans colorways have been a lot better over the past two years, but they sit. A lot of the colorways have been based around OG colorways. They're easily attainable so people don't want them. Tack on the rising price and the flood of releases and it was bound to crash for JB.

What has this thread turned into.
CC_EditorialPage_CCProfileImg_1920x1080.jpg

Pretty sure, a lot of dudes in here can easily tell mudguard differences of half a centimeter. And I'm talking about distances of more than 2 meters.

Nevertheless you're right. Sometimes it's getting to much! But I like it, somehow! :smh:

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has in hand pictures or anyone has the Air Max 1 Premium Bordeaux. I was curious to see them before I purchased if possible...Thanks in advance

redblack35 redblack35 Thanks. That's what I thought too, but then I saw someone posted a sketch where air unit is on both forefoot and heel.

just received my dope factory order for a US 8 pair of the reds but they sent me the wrong order and I received a US 9.
The invoice is even addressed to some dude in Netherlands.
Now my size is gone..

Notre shipped my pair Tuesday. Just found the tracking in a secondary folder in my gmail :lol:

Back
Top Bottom