THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

I'll go in on this!

I've always planned for mine to be themed around moutain climbing

I was a rock/alpine climber in a past life (no time for it anymore :frown::::smile:and my last name actually translates roughly to mean "Governor of the land and mountains".
Execution in a nutshell is "a man summiting a moutain top peaking through the clouds"

ScottKranzNW_1024-2.jpg
  • mixed sole of green brown and grey (the ground below, far away)
  • white midsole (clouds)
  • mudguard, vamp, and toebox will be various shades of grey which serves as the mountain peak:
    • mudguard is a darker suede
    • vamp is a lighter suede
    • potentially a perforate leather to replace what i originally thought would be a mesh toe
      • overall varied texture to mirror that of a true climb
  • some blues here and there for the sky (likely the tongue piping and liner)
  • Dunno yet how the swoosh will execute
  • transition back to a white ankle collar for the snow on the peak
  • eyelet is a bright colour (pink, blue or yellow, not sure) which is the climber. Bright colours are typically worn for safety reasons (better for search and rescue
Something like that...

Maaaayyybbbeeee something like this? First time trying to visualize the idea but overall trying to keep it tight. Have no idea if the options available would even make this possible at all (I'm using close to 5 different grays) but i think the colours are all work pretty well. Laces would ideally be something like a threaded/3m patterned lace but with a more maize/gold foundational color.

Not sure I'm feeling the outsole/midsole combo... might have to think on that. cover that up and I think it's a pretty sweet, retro vibe shoe

NikeAirMax1template BespokeAC.jpg

What's funny is that this is totally something a climber from the 90s would wear ... fits that vibe...

Quick fray and spray bottle of bleach - not a bad start, will be doing more and posting on foot pics

I ordered two pairs of indigos so I had at least one pair to f*ck with ha

21105633_10156680502938986_1900076401951065092_n.jpg

Things are bad :nthat:

This is one of the IDs I made.

To be clear, those are the pair with Sail eyelets and midsole, right?

I realize nobody cares but I'm going to share my theme anyways. I was born and raised in Mobile, AL but live in FL now. I want to pay homage to my hometown by using colors associated with the city. I'll use materials from the Patta Pack bc that's the pinnacle of AM's imo.

First off, white mesh bc all AM1's look better with white mesh.

Anyone that's driven through Mobile on I-10 has seen the USS Alabama. It's a massive grey/blue ship in the bay. My mudguard and upper/overlay will be based on that color. I'll use denim from the AM1 Chlorophyll for the mudguard and then a nice suede for the upper/overlay.

Mobile is known as the "Azalea City." There's a race in mobile called the Azalea Trail Run and it has "maids". High school girls compete to become one. They have colorful pastel dresses. I'll use the baby blue from there with the Cherrywood varsity jacket letter material for the swoosh. I'll use the pink from the maids for the eyelets. I thought about a blue swoosh inside and pink inside to pay homage to the Cherrywoods different swooshes. Not decided on that.

Mobile is the birthplace of Mardi Gras in the USA. On the back I'll have a Fleur de Lis. I thought about the happy/sad face from Mardi Gras but nah. The Fleur de Lis will just be in white/grey. I don't want it to be too bold.

Tongue will have piping and a traditional Nike Air logo.

Outsole will be split with the baby blue, pink, and grey.

Insoles will be cork and I'm going to have my soon to be child's footprint lazered into them. Not sure if Nike can do that or if I have to send them off but it'll be done. I want to see their feet every time I put them on.

Not sure on air bag. Leaning pink but idk.

Sorry for the long post, but wtf do we have to talk about? What would your Bespoke be?

Nah, I get it, B. Lived in Mobile twice for a total of 8 years and I still have family there. The Gulf Coast is home to me whether I'm in Houston, Mobile, NOLA, or the Panhandle or Tampa. Outside of my time in San Diego right now, I've spent my entire career in those locations and grew up FL.

Nah, I get it, B. Lived in Mobile twice for a total of 8 years and I still have family there. The Gulf Coast is home to me whether I'm in Houston, Mobile, NOLA, or the Panhandle or Tampa. Outside of my time in San Diego right now, I've spent my entire career in those locations and grew up FL.
Correct, sail midsole and eyelets

Ha, same here. Spent from birth until 30 in Mobile, NOLA, and PUB. Last 10 in Jax.

Maaaayyybbbeeee something like this? First time trying to visualize the idea but overall trying to keep it tight. Have no idea if the options available would even make this possible at all (I'm using close to 5 different grays) but i think the colours are all work pretty well. Laces would ideally be something like a threaded/3m patterned lace but with a more maize/gold foundational color.

Not sure I'm feeling the outsole/midsole combo... might have to think on that. cover that up and I think it's a pretty sweet, retro vibe shoe

NikeAirMax1template BespokeAC.jpg

What's funny is that this is totally something a climber from the 90s would wear ... fits that vibe...
I like.

Unique, with an 'adventure park' vibe.

I'm resisting so hard to not buy both of these....... You cop of SNS? Wondering if USA will get these.....ughhhhh Might pull trigger.
Yup I bought via SNS. Came out cheaper through them versus buying here and paying NYC tax on top of retail

dblplay1212 dblplay1212 , Leetroy Jenkins Leetroy Jenkins and others' convo about bespoke design had me motivated to start rendering my own. i want to do at least 3 bespokes themed around musical albums that have impacted my life. chronologically they will be "band music," "hip hop," and "misc." thus far this is what i have for my band music bespoke. there will be other materials involved as this is just a preliminary foundation as well as working with available materials/colors.

jewel mini swoosh B, 3m heel, eyelet portion, hufquake mudguard, and colors.
sbLWfPil.jpg

Back
Top Bottom