THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

You've got an excellent choice for that! I'm pretty sure the inspiration for the baseball stitching came from @singledout and his Bespoke for me to look at that as an option.

Now I've never heard of the Untold Truth pack, but just looking at the Satchel Paige AM90, WOW. The tongue has remarkable use of stitching, the lining is excellent, I've never seen those AM90s, or much of the entire pack, I only remember ever seeing the Dunk High version. That's one glorious pair of sneakers if I do say so myself. Now I'm here pondering what more I can possibly do with this Bespoke. So many possibilities that I'm thinking of, but definitely appreciate the input. Those 90s are easily my favorite of all time now too!
Thanks man. I grabbed them off eBay for like $140 last year. Deadstock and bubble still crystal clear. I was amazed by the quality and details. There's a blue and gray pair and then a white/green/red pair. There was an AF1 too that was sick. Dark brown leather iirc. Just google Untold Truth (UTT) Pack and you'll find them. As a baseball fan, it might be my favorite AM pack after the Patta pack.

Found a pic of the AM90 insoles.
nike-air-max-90-untold-2.jpg

Here's the AM1 Josh Gibson from the pack. There's also a grey pair with a cross made of bats on the tongue that was just a sample. I've seen a couple pairs but they are all size 9.
Nike-Air-Max-1-Untold-Truth.jpg

I know you have it played out in your head bc you're as sick as the rest of us and sit and day dream about shoes. Mesh will be chrome, what else? What will be blue? What will be volt?
cant anwser your question yet because i am quite visual and i need to see some different renderings from my design before i can decide how the color placement on the shoe will be at my final bespoke design, too bad i dont know how to PS otherwise i would try some different color placement combos

I'll go in on this!

I've always planned for mine to be themed around moutain climbing

I was a rock/alpine climber in a past life (no time for it anymore :frown::smile:and my last name actually translates roughly to mean "Governor of the land and mountains".
Execution in a nutshell is "a man summiting a moutain top peaking through the clouds"

ScottKranzNW_1024-2.jpg
  • mixed sole of green brown and grey (the ground below, far away)
  • white midsole (clouds)
  • mudguard, vamp, and toebox will be various shades of grey which serves as the mountain peak:
    • mudguard is a darker suede
    • vamp is a lighter suede
    • potentially a perforate leather to replace what i originally thought would be a mesh toe
      • overall varied texture to mirror that of a true climb
  • some blues here and there for the sky (likely the tongue piping and liner)
  • Dunno yet how the swoosh will execute
  • transition back to a white ankle collar for the snow on the peak
  • eyelet is a bright colour (pink, blue or yellow, not sure) which is the climber. Bright colours are typically worn for safety reasons (better for search and rescue
Something like that...

cant anwser your question yet because i am quite visual and i need to see some different renderings from my design before i can decide how the color placement on the shoe will be at my final bespoke design, too bad i dont know how to PS otherwise i would try some different color placement combos
I hear ya. That's how I am on the swooshes. I got back and forth between all baby blue and baby blue outside and pink inside. I'll wait and decide when I can see it. I'm sure I'll make some small changed once I see it all. I just wanted to have a plan together for a general idea so I don't end up with something like this:

bespoke1.jpg

ajinline2.jpg

I'll go in on this!

I was a rock/alpine climber in a past life (no time for it anymore :frown::smile:and my last name actually translates roughly to mean "Governor of the land and mountains".
Execution in a nutshell is "a man summiting a moutain top peaking through the clouds"

ScottKranzNW_1024-2.jpg
  • white midsole (clouds)
  • mudguard, vamp, and toebox will be various shades of grey which serves as the mountain peak:
    • potentially a perforate leather to replace what i originally thought would be a mesh toe
  • eyelet is a bright colour (pink, blue or yellow, not sure) which is the climber. Bright colours are typically worn for safety reasons (better for search and rescue
Something like that...
Hell yea. I love it.

I hear ya. That's how I am on the swooshes. I got back and forth between all baby blue and baby blue outside and pink inside. I'll wait and decide when I can see it. I'm sure I'll make some small changed once I see it all. I just wanted to have a plan together for a general idea so I don't end up with something like this:

those arent too bad, they are nice for when you are 14 y/o and are still in highschool :D

Thanks man. I grabbed them off eBay for like $140 last year. Deadstock and bubble still crystal clear. I was amazed by the quality and details. There's a blue and gray pair and then a white/green/red pair. There was an AF1 too that was sick. Dark brown leather iirc. Just google Untold Truth (UTT) Pack and you'll find them. As a baseball fan, it might be my favorite AM pack after the Patta pack.

Found a pic of the AM90 insoles.
nike-air-max-90-untold-2.jpg

Here's the AM1 Josh Gibson from the pack. There's also a grey pair with a cross made of bats on the tongue that was just a sample. I've seen a couple pairs but they are all size 9.
Nike-Air-Max-1-Untold-Truth.jpg

I'd pay that in a heartbeat in my size and in the same condition as yours! I can see that the quality looks great and I can only admire the details. Well put together pack overall by Nike. I did google the pack, and many of the sneakers look great, including that air max 1 you posted. I've been a fan of baseball shoes which is why I admit though I don't wear Jordans, the baseball glove 9s that dropped appealed to me solely for that reason. Truthfully, I'm thinking of making two bespokes now, a Yankees themed one, and now a baseball themed one that includes elements of a baseball, the bat, the gloves, and the bases so far.

I'll go in on this!

I was a rock/alpine climber in a past life (no time for it anymore :frown:::smile:and my last name actually translates roughly to mean "Governor of the land and mountains".

ScottKranzNW_1024-2.jpg
  • white midsole (clouds)
  • Dunno yet how the swoosh will execute
Something like that...
Dude, this would look epic! I hope you get to do this sooner rather than later! More importantly, hope you get back to doing what you love and climbing mountains!

I'd pay that in a heartbeat in my size and in the same condition as yours! I can see that the quality looks great and I can only admire the details. Well put together pack overall by Nike. I did google the pack, and many of the sneakers look great, including that air max 1 you posted. I've been a fan of baseball shoes which is why I admit though I don't wear Jordans, the baseball glove 9s that dropped appealed to me solely for that reason. Truthfully, I'm thinking of making two bespokes now, a Yankees themed one, and now a baseball themed one that includes elements of a baseball, the bat, the gloves, and the bases so far.
Oh man a baseball one could be fun. Gum bottom for dirt, green mudguard for grass, and blues in the upper for the sky. Somehow fit bases and foul lines/poles in there. Damn now I'm going to have to work this one out haha.

Oh man a baseball one could be fun. Gum bottom for dirt, green mudguard for grass, and blues in the upper for the sky. Somehow fit bases and foul lines/poles in there. Damn now I'm going to have to work this one out haha.
Man you took my theme in a completely different direction haha. I'd be very intrigued to see how a sneaker like that would pan out. Next thing you know, you're going to suggest a Yankee Stadium themed one too! :lol:

Man you took my theme in a completely different direction haha. I'd be very intrigued to see how a sneaker like that would pan out. Next thing you know, you're going to suggest a Yankee Stadium themed one too! :lol:
Na I'm doing my kid's room into Yankee Stadium. They make Yankee Stadium facade crown molding. :lol:

Hell yea. I love it.

Dude, this would look epic! I hope you get to do this sooner rather than later! More importantly, hope you get back to doing what you love and climbing mountains!

thanks guys!
my girlfriend has agreed to this spending for my birthday in January so here's hoping hahaha!

I just realized that I missed a couple details ...
Id add a miniswoosh to be prayer flags or a bird (but birds dont fly THAT high).
I think my swoosh would stick to the more monochromatic theme of the upper so that I can make my laces be the "rope" attached to my eyelet "climber"

I need to read NikeTalk's rules., I want this so bad haha. I think I'm gonna try to mock this up on photoshop.

all this Bespoke talk has me thinking that this would be a pretty awesome AM Day/Month initiative.
I can never claim to know the inner workings of Nike's marketing team but given how the past 2 Marchs have featured some kind of vote for a shoe mechanism, it'd be kind of cool to do a vote system to have someone's Bespoke pair produced in larger quantities for the following year.

I think it's clear that there are actually quite a few really good ideas out there and some (based on what I've seen on IG) really have alot of mainstream/collector potential.
For the sake making design entry process more curated, your design would only be eligible if it was made through the Bespoke program and would require some kind of back story or writeup. and you obviously have to be okay with your design being produced but you'd literally have the OG pair!

What if ...?

You wouldnt be upset to spend whatever on a bespoke to have a 1 of 1 no one else has and then nike goes and makes it a gr for 160?

100%.

I'd be cool with it.
I would also be happy to know that I literally have the only F&F/Hyperstrike version of the shoe.

Making Nike History > owning something 1 of 1.

YOU would be the 1 of 1 anyway.

And they could always make minor tweaks to the released version to keep the original that much more special

Back
Top Bottom