THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Okay so my essentials came in!

I know we saw pair already but here's mine. Overall it's not quite there. Could potentially have to do with the materials I chose but I've got pretty bad cliff toe. General QC issues like the weird nipples all over the midsole and glue stains everywhere. Mudguard size seems actually on par with my indigo pair but it's not quite OG level.

I'll probably end up keeping, reshaping and just beating these up until shape is officially not of concern.

I present my photo evidence below

IMG_6263.JPG IMG_6264.JPG IMG_6266.JPG IMG_6267.JPG IMG_6265.JPG IMG_6268.JPG IMG_6270.JPG IMG_6271.JPG IMG_6272.JPG IMG_6274.JPG
Did your pair come from vietnam or china? (yeah i try to have some lil hope to don't have a deception and send mine back when they will arrive lol)

that toe shape though!

personally not a fan of that execution.
Feel like, far too often, people take Bespoke to mean "I'm gonna do my own 'what the' creation!"
Agree completely. I think people go in with no theme and just start throwing **** together bc they think it'd look good. I'm doing one later this year and I'm going in with a set theme as if I was doing a collab. I've always dug shoes that have a theme and tell a story so that's what I want to do.

I realize nobody cares but I'm going to share my theme anyways. I was born and raised in Mobile, AL but live in FL now. I want to pay homage to my hometown by using colors associated with the city. I'll use materials from the Patta Pack bc that's the pinnacle of AM's imo.

First off, white mesh bc all AM1's look better with white mesh.

Anyone that's driven through Mobile on I-10 has seen the USS Alabama. It's a massive grey/blue ship in the bay. My mudguard and upper/overlay will be based on that color. I'll use denim from the AM1 Chlorophyll for the mudguard and then a nice suede for the upper/overlay.

battleship_1.jpg

Mobile is known as the "Azalea City." There's a race in mobile called the Azalea Trail Run and it has "maids". High school girls compete to become one. They have colorful pastel dresses. I'll use the baby blue from there with the Cherrywood varsity jacket letter material for the swoosh. I'll use the pink from the maids for the eyelets. I thought about a blue swoosh inside and pink inside to pay homage to the Cherrywoods different swooshes. Not decided on that.

mobile.png

Mobile is the birthplace of Mardi Gras in the USA. On the back I'll have a Fleur de Lis. I thought about the happy/sad face from Mardi Gras but nah. The Fleur de Lis will just be in white/grey. I don't want it to be too bold.

yh_71015-1.jpg

Tongue will have piping and a traditional Nike Air logo.

Outsole will be split with the baby blue, pink, and grey.

Insoles will be cork and I'm going to have my soon to be child's footprint lazered into them. Not sure if Nike can do that or if I have to send them off but it'll be done. I want to see their feet every time I put them on.

Not sure on air bag. Leaning pink but idk.

Sorry for the long post, but wtf do we have to talk about? What would your Bespoke be?

^ I'm a huge fan of when there is legitimate inspiration and a story behind the build and make up of a sneaker. I hope you get to make your Bespoke sooner rather than later and post many pictures. I, too, will be doing a Bespoke soon and I have my theme in my mind, along with colors to be used. Best of luck on yours and I'm sure we all look forward to seeing it man!

^ I'm a huge fan of when there is legitimate inspiration and a story behind the build and make up of a sneaker. I hope you get to make your Bespoke sooner rather than later and post many pictures. I, too, will be doing a Bespoke soon and I have my theme in my mind, along with colors to be used. Best of luck on yours and I'm sure we all look forward to seeing it man!
Post what you have in mind. I'm looking for inspiration haha. And I'm doing mine soon, as soon as singledout singledout gets permission to do one after spending an obscene amount on a Blink 182 toy. :lol: A few others like @frankwh1te and @Red Run are going to meet up as well. Should be a fun couple of days in NYC.

Post what you have in mind. I'm looking for inspiration haha. And I'm doing mine soon, as soon as singledout singledout gets permission to do one after spending an obscene amount on a Blink 182 toy. :lol: A few others like @frankwh1te and @Red Run are going to meet up as well. Should be a fun couple of days in NYC.

I HAVE FINALLY COMPLETED MY COLLECTION :rofl:

But yes, dying to make another bespoke with new shape

Dark stucco trying to decide between the black or green laces, good quality and the shape is pretty good. Just a step under the pinnacles imo.
20170830_134447.jpg
20170830_134519.jpg
20170830_134409.jpg
I say green but man someone posted a pair with orange laces recently that looked dooooooooooope.

Sounds like it'll be one hell of a time with all of y'all out there! What I had in mind was incorporating on of my first passions growing up, baseball, and drawing even more inspiration from my hometown team, the Yankees. So far, I'm thinking of using white mesh, and thinking of different materials in the color navy. I've seen some bespokes have X's stitched on some of the sides, and I was thinking of using two or three so simulate the stitching on a baseball as well. Due to the baseball theme, cork insoles will be incorporated (are the comfortable?) and that's pretty much all I've got for now.

Sounds like it'll be one hell of a time with all of y'all out there! What I had in mind was incorporating on of my first passions growing up, baseball, and drawing even more inspiration from my hometown team, the Yankees. So far, I'm thinking of using white mesh, and thinking of different materials in the color navy. I've seen some bespokes have X's stitched on some of the sides, and I was thinking of using two or three so simulate the stitching on a baseball as well. Due to the baseball theme, cork insoles will be incorporated (are the comfortable?) and that's pretty much all I've got for now.
Dope. I'm a Yankees fan too and when I told my wife I was doing a Bespoke her first thought was a Yankee shoe. I already have the Shima Blue though and it's Yankee blue with the pinstripes on the liner so that covers my Yankees shoe for me. But yea the baseball stitching looks great on them. singledout singledout use it on his and it looks great.

If you want some baseball ideas, look back at the Untold Truth series from around 2006. There was an AM1 and a couple AM90. My favorite was the Satchel Paige AM90 and then some dunks and other stuff. Like 10 shoes total I think all based on the Negro Leagues. It might be my favorite tongue on any shoe ever. And the liner is made to look like the old wool uniforms. These are deadstock, not dirty, but you can see how the material is made to look dirty.

7SJNNgIl.jpg

ECf3Kpcl.jpg

dQPOX4El.jpg

54rIqBfl.jpg

1C2Y5TIl.jpg

Dope. I'm a Yankees fan too and when I told my wife I was doing a Bespoke her first thought was a Yankee shoe. I already have the Shima Blue though and it's Yankee blue with the pinstripes on the liner so that covers my Yankees shoe for me. But yea the baseball stitching looks great on them. singledout singledout use it on his and it looks great.

If you want some baseball ideas, look back at the Untold Truth series from around 2006. There was an AM1 and a couple AM90. My favorite was the Satchel Paige AM90 and then some dunks and other stuff. Like 10 shoes total I think all based on the Negro Leagues. It might be my favorite tongue on any shoe ever. And the liner is made to look like the old wool uniforms. These are deadstock, not dirty, but you can see how the material is made to look dirty.

7SJNNgIl.jpg

ECf3Kpcl.jpg

dQPOX4El.jpg

54rIqBfl.jpg

1C2Y5TIl.jpg
You've got an excellent choice for that! I'm pretty sure the inspiration for the baseball stitching came from singledout singledout and his Bespoke for me to look at that as an option.

Now I've never heard of the Untold Truth pack, but just looking at the Satchel Paige AM90, WOW. The tongue has remarkable use of stitching, the lining is excellent, I've never seen those AM90s, or much of the entire pack, I only remember ever seeing the Dunk High version. That's one glorious pair of sneakers if I do say so myself. Now I'm here pondering what more I can possibly do with this Bespoke. So many possibilities that I'm thinking of, but definitely appreciate the input. Those 90s are easily my favorite of all time now too!

db346fa030f11ef46268470e7f067d10--soccer-shoes-spotting.jpg

my bespoke design will be deff inspired and based by these EU football cleats, the blue and silver parts will be 3M and i will use chrome mesh like the urawa if its available and it would be sick if they had volt material what also would GITD
I know you have it played out in your head bc you're as sick as the rest of us and sit and day dream about shoes. Mesh will be chrome, what else? What will be blue? What will be volt?

Back
Top Bottom