THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Lol size canceled my order and then sent me a pair of Milan's anyway lol. Too bad they're an 8 ( I wear 11.5)
Whatever. Free shoes!!!

So glad I got these today!
glasses.gif

I copped both pairs for 59.99 ironically back in 09 and was wondering why they were just sitting.

same here, ended up having 2 of the reds and 3 blues. still have a pair of each chillin...doubt we'll see this round of og's hit the outlets. maybe the 180's but not any of the others. :smh:

sup all

Can someone tell me why the 2013 Air Max are so different ?

I bought two pairs few weeks back in store and when i got home i realized they were so different.

Kept one, returning the other.

The whole toe and toe lip and completely different. They are rounded in the front, less of a point and

the toe flap doesn't come up as far. IMO Nike just ruined my favorite long running shoe.

Not only that, searching online for "Air Max or 87's is going to turn up results for this crap :frown: :frown: 

I'm so saddened >_O

The things look like boots in the front.

Yuck, wtf did nike do to these things ?

(i know first post here ^_^  i had to sign up when i found this thread)

sup all

Can someone tell me why the 2013 Air Max are so different ?

I bought two pairs few weeks back in store and when i got home i realized they were so different.
Kept one, returning the other.

The whole toe and toe lip and completely different. They are rounded in the front, less of a point and
the toe flap doesn't come up as far. IMO Nike just ruined my favorite long running shoe.
Not only that, searching online for "Air Max or 87's is going to turn up results for this crap :frown: :frown: 
I'm so saddened >_O

The things look like boots in the front.
Yuck, wtf did nike do to these things ?

(i know first post here ^_^  i had to sign up when i found this thread)

For whatever reason the premiums, which should be better quality, have a crappier shape lately. The essentials seem to generally be better as strange as that is. I think it's airmaxsyndicate that pointed out that the shos made in china are the crappy shaped where as those made in Taiwan are ok. Not sure which Am's you bought, but that may be it?

noticed da air max 1 og (obsidian) was made in vietnam

the toe is still different from old being chunky & squared but it's not that bad....like some of the pics in previous pages (that were perhaps made in china)

i believe it has been to cater to hypebeasts that make stupid complaints like 'they creased, this sucks'
the squared toebox was implemented into the retro aj line, so now it has come over to the air max line
it holds it's shape longer than the old style - which is the only 'bonus' if you will about the new shape

i prefer the older shape with the older materials that creased like hell

Last edited:
Great end to a Monday today. All I can say is :smokin at the quality on these, the are by far better then the general release premiums by a long shot.

Love these already, happy to finally have them, pics really don't do justice but I tried:

#F*** JD

Last edited:
Man the laces on these AM1s are way too short, I can't even tie them together ! Anybody know where I can get myself some longer laces for the Milans ? Tried ebay, don't know if it's the same colour.

Man the laces on these AM1s are way too short, I can't even tie them together ! Anybody know where I can get myself some longer laces for the Milans ? Tried ebay, don't know if it's the same colour.

Check my pic. 12 posts up. No need to tie them thangs brother.

ok so applied some first coats tonight, going to let them dry then do more. but this has given me an idea of what they will look like, i must say this has transformed this shoe for me:

Prob just from the flash/angle of the pic but the red seems too glossy. I like the idea but I think it needs to be a bit duller. Looking forward to final results tho.

Back
Top Bottom